Home

Conversion Pack

jawathehutt

So no 2.0? I thought they were at least patching it up to 1.9.1. It's still really buggy on my computer. I don't care though, it's awesome, all must download it immediately.

EDIT:

My D: drive crashed over the weekend. I had to rebuild it from scratch, which means that I lost all my files. Everything. At least I got the sides out for all of you to use. But I can't rebuild without probably 20-30 hours of putting everything back together.

So 1.9 is the final version. Enjoy it.

Godd*mn it! This is why everyone should back up their work.

Tean may get around to rebuilding the files... He just doesn't foresee it anytime soon. He also expressed interest in Marvel games... so he's into playing and modding that now. He actually couldn't wait 'til he was done with the conversion pack.. he was getting a bit drained on the project. You could tell by his posts he was getting anxious to finish it off.

He's put so much into it... It's sad the way it happened the way it did. There was very little left to do.. but now that he's lost a good part of the files for it... it's WAY WAY WAY down the list of things to do for him, and I think he's simply exhausted from it. Now because of the file loss... he's got aproximately 30 hours of additional work. ...and he's got a life ...go figure.

I'm hoping the community will eventually pick up where he left off... But I wouldn't count on it either...

The pack is now the result of wanting to put so many features and modes in one pack. It's too big. If they had just done what they originally intended... which was just make a map pack that had the SWBF1 maps "converted" over to SWBF2... we'd have a DYNAMITE pack with no bugs... we would have had it months ago.. and everything wouldn't have been on one guy. All the extra stuff could be seperate packs.

Teancum cut the pack down himself around 1.77. He dropped a number of maps, jedis, vehicle issues. He cut out a few space maps. I just think they made it too big. I like what they did.. I liked where the project was going.. but I also think it could have been a few different packs. Like with their SWBF1 mod maps. They just kept releasing Mod map packs that were made up of the more popular maps with the community. After a couple months they'd get a bunch of new ones together and release it.

Actually, I intended from near-the-beginning to add the features the entire time. But admittedly it got to be more than I could handle at times. Still, I did backup my files for ya'lls info. I backed up files via the web. There's a GT member who's got an older backup of all the scripts and localizations. I've also got all the sides which I backed up on the web. So as long as it's not level-geometry related I'll be able to fix it. It's just a matter of me gathering up all the files. I'm not in any hurry though. I have a Marvel: Ultimate Alliance Xbox mod I need to polish up first.

Yea.. I talked to Z last night. He mentioned he had a pack of back-up files for you. I think he said it was from April. He was waiting for GT to get back up so he could give it to you.

I think it's awsm you're able to recover (somewhat) from the crash. My thoughts are: "however long it takes". I enjoy playing the Conversion pack. (Even the space maps that were dropped :x-wing:) I can wait. The last version 1.9 works just fine besides the "little" things. I still download and enjoy SWBF1 maps... PPL will enjoy the SWBF2 pack WHENEVER it gets finished.

I TOTALLY understand the efforts you've put in already. Besides.. after reading all the posts through the many different versions of the conversion pack threads at GT (among other threads resulting in nothing but pressure on you I'm sure)... I personally think you needed the break.

• 4 years later...

Archived