Home

BIOSHOCK!!!!

REDJOHNNYMIKE

Of course you did. All it has to be is one Little Sister and you get the evil ending. You have to spare all of them. I mean, we're talking about killing a little girl. You horrible person.

Yeah I'm gonna have to do something about that then, I mean what's the point of playing if I can't kill small children with glowing eyes and murder on the mind?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2605236

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ugh. You mean they spend so much time to make "realistic water", which would be better off making the story better? *vomits*

Of course you did. All it has to be is one Little Sister and you get the evil ending. You have to spare all of them. I mean, we're talking about killing a little girl. You horrible person.

Actually, one person has killed half the Little Sisters and save the other half, and gotten the Good Ending.

But the Little Sister is a splicer. A genetically modified person. A "monster", and therefore, not really human, no?

Ugh. You mean they spend so much time to make "realistic water", which would be better off making the story better? *vomits*

Nothing strange about that, the game is a First Person Shooter, impressive visuals are often half the point of games in that genre, presenting a detailed world to explore. The story is usually just an excuse for guiding the player through the game and provide backdrop for the action and visuals. The story in Bioshock is better than what most games in the genre have, in my opinion.

But the Little Sister is a splicer. A genetically modified person. A "monster", and therefore, not really human, no?

But so is the protagonist, to technically the Little Sisters are closer kin to the protagonist than an unmodified human child would be. :)

The story in Bioshock is better than what most games in the genre have, in my opinion.

I've heard nothing but good about the story. From what I've gotten through myself it seems rather well laid out and deeply enjoyable. Are you listening to all the audiotapes?

I know the storyline is awesome. It's pretty good, with a ton of twists. I have problems with the endings, but the rest of the storyline is quite well.

No, I just have problems with good graphics and too much coding being done for it. :) The more time devoted to storyline and the less time devoted to graphics, the better. An example would be XIII...bad graphics, great storyline. It's just my view though, highly inaccurate since the story team and the graphics team are different, but, well, good graphics just act a symbol for all I hate about commercialized gaming.

^^^^

what's wrong with good looking graphics??

seriously, there's no much more that really draws me more into a game than great graphics and audio design (in the FPS world, at least). seriously, games like "Chronicles of Riddick", Oblivion, and Bioshock do an excellent job of using graphics and audio to pull you into the game so much that you can almost see yourself as that character in your mind. there are other games out there that are just mindless action (which i also enjoy), but the genre as a whole benefits from excellent graphics and audio.

if you're going for innovation and unique gameplay over graphics, that's fine and dandy, but ugly graphics isn't going to help out when it comes to immersion. there has to be a balance, and i'm still convinced that Bioshock, as impressive as it is, could've looked even better especially with the DX10 effects (or lack thereof), but the devs instead decided to focus on giving us excellent gameplay, story, and several unique mechanics in addition. lets face it: the graphics in Bioshock isn't the only selling point of the game.

anyways, enough of my ranting. this isn't the best place to debate over this stuff anyways. ;)

Ok, I've finally found out how to take screenshots!

Open up Bioshock.ini and find where the keys are defined. Pic an empty one and set it to the word, "Shot".

Example:

F10 = Shot

Tadaaaaaaaaa! Now everytime you push F10 a bitmap will be dumped into the same folder that contains the Bioshock.ini file.

Here's a list of the the commands found thus far:

God - Invincibility

Fly - Allows you to fly around

Walk - Disables fly mode

Ghost - Allows you to move through solid objects

Killpawns - Kills all enemy on the level

Slomo - Slows everything down

Shot - Takes a screenshot in BMP format and places it in the same folder as BioShock.ini

HideHUD - Disables the on-screen HUD elements

ShowHUD - Enables the on-screen HUD elements

Is this a known bug or is it just my computer that's acting weird? Every time I try to hack the first turret you come across in the Medical area the game freezes right when I click the "Start" button on the Hacking screen.

I've tried loading older saves from before entering the Medical area, and restarting the computer to no avail. Still crashes at exactly the same time. :(

Have you tried turning off High Detail Shaders? It appears to be an issue for a lot of people. Disabling EAX stopped random crashes for some as well. Turning off the High Detail Shaders completely solved my random crashing problems.

I just made a 1680x1050 Bioshock wallpaper because I couldn't find a big enough one.

http://www.olivetinstitute.org/stuff/biowallsmall2.jpg

If anyone cares for it and would like an epically huge version, give me a haller.

Damn, this game is long. I've been playing it for maybe 20 hours, maybe 24... something along those lines. Trying to complete every achievement (360 edition), though, the only one I don't think I'll get is beating it in the hard difficulty. I don't know if I'll have the time too.

But, this game is AMAZING.

I discovered this by accident while abusing the camera but if you're up to Fort Frolic and are working on the main quest there:

Take a photo of Cohen's corpse and you get the best achievement ever conceived: Irony. I'm being serious... there is an achievement called "Irony". Such a thing makes the game amazing of its own accord :p

Tragically, there is no such recognition on the PC version (that I know of). I finally completed the game: it's fun and well done but I can't help but feel that the good ending, at least, was something of an anticlimax. Oh well...

Finally, completed it. Wasn't as I hoped it turned out. But, a fantastic game nonetheless.

Take a photo of Cohen's corpse and you get the best achievement ever conceived: Irony. I'm being serious... there is an achievement called "Irony". Such a thing makes the game amazing of its own accord :p

Yes, I know. Pretty cool, I love how they created this game. Though, I killed him the minute I saw him. So, I wasn't able to get into his room in Olympus Heights or wherever he lived.

I didn't harvest one little sister through the whole game. But, I am going to play it again on hard so I can harvest all of them and complete any other achievements I missed.

How much ADAM do you get for harvesting them?

Have you tried turning off High Detail Shaders? It appears to be an issue for a lot of people. Disabling EAX stopped random crashes for some as well. Turning off the High Detail Shaders completely solved my random crashing problems.

Thanks, though it seems like one of the game data files had gotten messed up somehow. After reinstalling the crash on the hacking screen seems to have gone away. :)

By the way, do anyone know how to prevent the game from nuking all your settings every time it crashes or doesn't shut down properly? It's pretty annoying having to re-configure everything every so often.

Some things I use for facing Big Daddies:

When I fought my first big daddy, I hacked those two turrets in the Med Facility and they provided some distraction (and a little help). Electrobolt and incinerate gave me a couple of seconds too.

Is there any way to prevent those grenade tossing mutants from seemingly respawning indefinitely in that area of the Medical Pavilion? They blew up both my hacked turrets there before I even got to Steinman's surgery while I explored the side areas, so they are of no help to me now that I've run into the first Big Daddy I have to fight on my way back to the emergency exit with the key.

Do any of you kill the creepy little demonic children after killing their guardians, what are the advantages of doing so/or not doing so? (I haven't played it yet, hoping to soon as soon as i get a Dell XPS).

Well, the creepy little demonic childern ARE the "Little Sisters". The Guardians are the "Big Daddies".

Once you understand that, you could see that was the only thing we were talking about, the killing or the saving of the demonic kids! :)

I finally completed the game: it's fun and well done but I can't help but feel that the good ending, at least, was something of an anticlimax. Oh well...

Try the Evil Ending. You can find it being...well, much more interesting than the Good Ending, IMHO.

Well, the creepy little demonic childern ARE the "Little Sisters". The Guardians are the "Big Daddies".

Once you understand that, you could see that was the only thing we were talking about, the killing or the saving of the demonic kids

Yeah i know i've seen trailers, gameplay vids etc. it's just i'm currently saving to upgrading my comp system so what i was asking was what do you get out of it if you kill the "Little Sisters", i heard you get some sort of energy from them of some sort?

By the way, do anyone know how to prevent the game from nuking all your settings every time it crashes or doesn't shut down properly? It's pretty annoying having to re-configure everything every so often.

Do you shutdown the game properly after you change the setting then reload it and play the game.

Btw is the game just crashing to desktop or rebooting your pc. I'm thankfull to say that the game hasn't crash a single time on me.

Archived