Home

BIOSHOCK!!!!

REDJOHNNYMIKE

Yeah i know i've seen trailers, gameplay vids etc. it's just i'm currently saving to upgrading my comp system so what i was asking was what do you get out of it if you kill the "Little Sisters", i heard you get some sort of energy from them of some sort?

You get "ADAM", in which you can use to upgrade your character throughout the game. And like jmac said earlier, you get 160 for harvesting them and 80 for rescuing them.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do you shutdown the game properly after you change the setting then reload it and play the game.

Btw is the game just crashing to desktop or rebooting your pc. I'm thankfull to say that the game hasn't crash a single time on me.

I've quit and restarted the game a number of times after adjusting the settings. But when the game crashes or is force-quitted it seems like it rolls back the INI files to their default state and I have to reconfigure all the graphics settings, game settings and key bindings again.

I guess it might be some intentional safety feature in case the settings cause the game to fail for some reason, but it's rather annoying to have to set everything over and over.

So far the game has just been freezing a few times. It gets stuck and nothing happens, with the last frame stuck on the screen even if I ALT-TAB out of the game. Fortunately the screen gets released and back to normal if I (blindly) log out and back in again so I won't have to force-reboot the computer.

Thanks for the link Stoffe, the game is a lot more complex than i thought initially, paying homage to the likes of System Shock, Deus-EX and even legacy console RPGs. Add to the nice HD Art Deco Visuals i think this game has won me over. I should be getting my new Vista Dell XPS in about a month or two (hopefully :) ) and i won't have to worry about compatibility as it utilizes Direct-X 10 which to the best of my knowledge is exclusive to Vista, so in turn should work on Vista (i'll make sure i meet the hardware requirements obviously though).

In Neptune's Bounty...

... is there any way to get your ammo back after you have to give up all your weapons in order to enter Fontaine's Fisheries? I found my weapons again in the mailbox on the stairs down to the basement, but all the ammo I had been conserving was gone. :(

Is the Human Inferno gene tonic not available in the PC version of the game? I checked one of those Plasmid FAQs posted on gamefaqs and it was listed as being available in the Gatherer's Gardens in Arcadia and Fort Frolic, but I haven't been able to find it in either place when playing. :confused:

If they've intentionally removed it just to punch their PC customers in the face a bit more I hope it can still be spawned using cheats. At least it's listed in the game's data files and not obviously blocked out there.

Edit: Seems to work to add the Human Inferno powers via console commands. :emodanc:

My specs are far from special. 3200+, 1gig, and a 7800 superclock. I'm fairly close to full settings @ 1024x768. I had to turn off Detailed Shaders because of a crashing issue but everything else is max. The framerate dips low enough to notice stuttering sometimes but it's fairly smooth most of the time.

Anyone able to run this game on full graphics settings? Also It lags alot on my PC.

Works fairly OK on my computer with all settings on max in 1280x1024 resolution (no DX10 though),I get on average around 28-42 FPS so far. The only time I've seen any noticeable slowdown is when a Big Daddy lumbers by close to me causing the screen to shake and the game to shave off 20 FPS from my counter until he's a bit further away or has stopped walking.

(AMD Athlon 64 3500+ CPU, Radeon X1900XT graphics card.)

Just playin', but I didn't really need 2X my ammo, Eve, and med kits. I usually was at the 'full' 9 of the Eve hypos and Med kits.

That's why you need it if you're a pack rat. It pains you to have to leave something you've found behind, whether you actually need it or not. :) With that tonic you at least delay the agony until 18 EVE hypos instead of 9.

Screw mods. :xp: ( I take it that, that is a mod?)

It's part of the standard game, but I don't think it can be found anywhere since it's not listed in any of the FAQs I've seen, so it was probably cut from the release game for whatever reason. You can use a console command to get it though, and it still works. :) There are a handful of other things like that.

Hey, I was thinking of getting Bioshock. But first I'd like to know how it runs, did you guys have any lag?

Btw. Anyone have a system similar to mine? So that I can know how would run on mine?

My specs

Intel Pentium 4 3,2 GHZ

Nvidia GeForce 7800GS 256MB

2 GB's of RAM

- Ghost Down

Hey, I was thinking of getting Bioshock. But first I'd like to know how it runs, did you guys have any lag?

I have usually pretty decent performance in Bioshock with no visible lag or slowdowns. I have on average 32-36 FPS in most areas at 1280x1024 resolution with all graphics options on max (except DX10). The only performance problem I've had so far is some weird bug when a Big Daddy walks past close to me, which causes my FPS to drop to single digits. (Thankfully that doesn't happen when fighting Big Daddies though, just when they walk around near me.)

(I have an AMD Athlon 64 3500+ machine with 2 GB RAM and a ATI Radeon X1900 XT 512 MB graphics card.)

• 8 months later...

*Blows off dust*

Source

2K announced yesterday that all activation and install restrictions have been removed from BioShock PC, active immediately.

The news comes by way of 2K's community manager, (who seems to like her job so much that she's changed her first name to "2K" and has done away with the need for a surname) 2K Elizabeth:

Good news! As promised, all activation restrictions, including install limits, have been removed from BioShock PC as of today. You don’t have to patch or install anything for this to go into effect for your copy of BioShock – it’s already done!

Enjoy your unlimited wandering around Rapture; which is, needless to say, awesome.

• 3 weeks later...

Source

It seems that 2K is still in discussion with Irrational Game's (otherwise known as 2K Boston) Creative Director and creator of BioShock, Ken Levine, over the state of his contract.

According to the New York Post the new contract -- presumably designed to ensure that Levine remains with 2K -- would give Levine more creative control over titles along with the power to create new franchises. According to sources, Levine might also earn 'points' for each of his titles and under a system which makes no sense to me whatsoever (dumb English Literature student here) these would grant him a percentage of the profits made from the sale of his titles.

Even a measly 1% of BioShock's profits would personally suit me fine. What did that thing sell? 2 million units? At £40 each? They must really want him...

Archived