Home

Canderous' soundset for the Exile

Ghost Down

Hey, is it possible to use Canderous' K1 soundset for the Exile?

I understand if this thread may get locked because of porting assests :)

Looks like the sound WAVs and soundset file are still present in the TSL game data so there is no need to port anything. You'll just need to add it as a valid soundset to the soundsets.2da file to be able to use it.

Add a new line to soundsets.2da with a 2DA editor (KotorTool's for example). Set the (Row Label) column to the next number in sequence, label to Canderous, resref to p_cand, strref to 5622, gender to 0 and type column to ****. Save your modified soundsets.2dafile in your override folder.

Then open your savegame with KSE and change the Soundset field of the player to Canderous.

A very nooby question... but will the player talk with canderous voice if you change this? If no, what's the whole point with doing it?

Battle-cries, barks when you disarm mines, open locks, enter stealth mode, or fail to do those things. Like the voice your main character had in KOTOR 1.

The Exile, by contrast, is completely mute in K2:TSL since there is no soundset assigned to the character unless you modify your savegame to set one.

EDIT: Strange, I did every you said stoffe, and it doesn't seem to work..

If you haven't already you'll also need to open sounds.bif with KotorTool and extract any WAV files whose names start with p_cand_ into your game's StreamSounds folder. (They are listed near the bottom of the sounds.bif resource list.)

What other soundsets from K1 characters are in the TSL game files?

Only the KOTOR1 player characters' soundsets (male and female), and Bastilas, from what I can tell. In the case of the player soundsets you'll need to create new SSF files for them as well though since only the sounds and dialog.tlk entries are included, not the soundset file itself.

Archived