Home

"far greater than Darth Vader's servant"?

RellioN

If you look at their website and click "The saga continues" at the end it will say that

"... clash with... and General Rahm Kota, a hard-boiled Jedi soldier who senses that the apprentice is destined to become something far greater than just Darth Vader's servant."

I wonder what that means. Sounds like he's going to the light side, I sure hope not.

I sure hope that, that option is true. Going Darkside and Lightside, though I can imagine that canonically he would be lightside.
I doubt someone like the Apprentice could be lightside at all, I can't see an ending where he turns good.

I dunno, my impression is that he's always been bad to the bone. I don't see him ever being lightside, even before he meets Vader. He wasn't a Jedi remember.

Oh you're right, I forgot he wasn't a Jedi at first. So what was he before he became Vader's apprentice; a mercenary or something?

I dunno, my impression is that he's always been bad to the bone. I don't see him ever being lightside, even before he meets Vader. He wasn't a Jedi remember.

We don't know hardly any of his past, he could have been the nicest person in the galaxy (That doesn't imply that he were a Jedi ;) ) and Vader corrupted him, just like Palpatine did with Vader, but Vader turned back to the light in the end, the same could happen with the apprentice.

I suspect that he was pretty young when Vader found him, and that he always had anger in him. As for becoming far greater than Vader's servant, maybe it means he'll become so strong he'll be a threat for Vader, for his place at Palpatine's side or for his life. Or a threat to even Palpatine himself. I think I've read somewhere that it'd be possible that an alternate ending would be made so that Vader's apprentice is the one who ultimately kills Palpatine. But I believe a light side ending isn't really that unthinkable. Maybe he'll fall in love with Juno and will it convert him into an enemy of the Empire (not necessarily a nice guy :)).

I don't dismiss the possibility of a LS ending, but that quote doesn't really imply to me that there might be one.

I interpret that phrase as "greater than a servant," as in not the pawn, but the master (eventually). I don't think that "greater" means "more good" in this case.

But if he remains DS, then what happens to him? Like at the time of the movies, they'll just insert him in somewhere boring saying he was killed on the Death Star or the Executor.

It seems like an LS ending would be more exciting. (Assuming there will be LS/DS endings at all.)

But if he remains DS, then what happens to him? Like at the time of the movies, they'll just insert him in somewhere boring saying he was killed on the Death Star or the Executor.

A spectacular death at the end of the game would be the best option then. His death could then also be a LS act. Remember the story of Andor Vex Jolee Bindo told in Kotor.

A spectacular death at the end of the game would be the best option then. His death could then also be a LS act. Remember the story of Andor Vex Jolee Bindo told in Kotor.

Any spectacular Lightside death would amount to little more than a futile gesture though, since the Sith/Dark Side still would be as strong as ever afterwards with Vader and Sidious alive and in power unless the game story forks off in a different direction than the movies.

Would feel like a rather big anticlimax with an ending where you just die for nothing. :) (Unless it just briefly foils the bad-guys, like preventing Vader from learning of Luke and Leia too early or something.)

Well then have him an universal ending of him seeking out "that unknown" Jedi scum hidden in a certain famous desert planet. That would be good for both LS/DS depending on how/influence with this "unknown being" Those who know would understand what jadis I am talking about.

Actually for DS the whole "Seeking THAT special jedi scum on that dusty planet" is possably the BEST ending that would lead to greatness, cause by doing so he can spread the DS message to said person. Rule of One!! Rule of One!! Rule of One!! Rule of One!! Rule of One!! Rule of One!! Rule of One!! Rule of One!! Rule of One!! Rule of One!! Rule of One!! Rule of One!! Rule of One!! Rule of One!! Rule of One!! Rule of One!! Rule of One!! Rule of One!! Rule of One!! Rule of One!! Rule of One!! Rule of One!! Rule of One!! Rule of One!! Rule of One!! Rule of One!! Rule of One!! Rule of One!! Rule of One!! Rule of One!! Rule of One!! Rule of One!! Rule of One!! Rule of One!! Rule of One!! Rule of One!! Rule of One!! Rule of One!! Rule of One!! Rule of One!! Rule of One!! Rule of One!! Rule of One!! Rule of One!! Rule of One!!

• 1 month later...
I suspect that he was pretty young when Vader found him, and that he always had anger in him. As for becoming far greater than Vader's servant, maybe it means he'll become so strong he'll be a threat for Vader, for his place at Palpatine's side or for his life. Or a threat to even Palpatine himself. I think I've read somewhere that it'd be possible that an alternate ending would be made so that Vader's apprentice is the one who ultimately kills Palpatine. But I believe a light side ending isn't really that unthinkable. Maybe he'll fall in love with Juno and will it convert him into an enemy of the Empire (not necessarily a nice guy :)).

Wow you sure never have watched ROTJ where vader is the one who kills palpatine

Wow you sure never have watched ROTJ where vader is the one who kills palpatine

Well, the nice thing about video games is that they don't have to conform to the movies - and if they're putting in multiple endings, they could do it like they did with Jedi Knight, where one ending is "canon" as far as any sequels go, and the other endings are just extra.

Personally, I think "greater" means that the apprentice could become powerful enough to destroy Vader - after all, it seems that pretty much every Sith ends up plotting to overthrow their master to take the power for themselves.

As for putting some sort of light side ending in, it would have to come through a pretty well developed plot line to keep from being horribly lame. It's possible, but with someone as evil as the apprentice is supposed to be, I think it'd be pretty tough to pull off.

• 2 weeks later...

Given the producer's comments about "redemption" being important to the storyline, I think at some point, there is the option of a taking a light side path. I figure he would either make a heroic sacrifice or opt to live a Jolee Bindo-like exsistence somewhere, which would explain why he's not around when Luke starts the NJO. To say nothing of the fact that choosing a LS or DS ending has been a tradition even before KOTOR, so I figure they would continue with that.

If they ever did a sequel to Forces of Corruption, then the Secret Apprentice could figure into that, coming out of hiding to defeat Silri and the carbonite Sith army she found at the end of FOC. Similar to the "one man war" Revan tried to wage with the True Sith.

PoiuyWired: It would be cool if he met A'Sharad, but I'm not sure if that will happen. It may take place after A'Sharad is driven off of Tatooine by Obi-Wan.

A lot can happen in 18 years. (TFU supposedly starts out in 17 BBY, then goes to about 10 BBY, I think).

About 100 Jedi survive the events of ROTS (the literal translation of decimation is reducing thousads to hundreds), and over the course of about 18 years or so, they are quietly hunted down by Vader, Boba Fett, and the Inquisitorius. So there eventually about 5 or 6 left during the OT era.

And the Apprentice can redeem himself and not become fully good or lightsided. He could end up as more "neutral", opting the save his intended targets in the end, but ultimately not caring for the LS/DS extremes of the Jedi or Sith. (Like Asaaj Ventress at the end of the Clone Wars).

The comments about Rahm Kota having "a lot to teach" suggest that he is reponsible for redeeming the Apprentice.

Archived