Home

Ancient Astronaut

Fredi

Aliens, we where visited by aliens at the beginning of our civilization?

I read a book a while ago, The 12th Planet by Zecharia Sitchin, which explored possible evidence of non-human involvement in the earliest of the human civilizations in Mesopotamia and Sumeria etc. It was a pretty interesting read that does raise a few questions, though the evidence presented should be taken with a grain of salt since it's hardly conclusive (IMO).

If you're interested in the subject it might be interesting to read, if you can find it.

I read a book a while ago, The 12th Planet by Zecharia Sitchin, which explored possible evidence of non-human involvement in the earliest of the human civilizations in Mesopotamia and Sumeria etc. It was a pretty interesting read that does raise a few questions, though the evidence presented should be taken with a grain of salt since it's hardly conclusive (IMO).

If you're interested in the subject it might be interesting to read, if you can find it.

interesting, I will try to find it ... I am very interested in this.

I have seen caves, rocks and artifacts of Indigenes here in the Caribbean with saucers drawings and symbols, it’s very interesting and not only that in many other Indigenes cultures of south America in Japan in caves where the first humans lived in Europe, Africa and Arabia there are symbol that look alike … this is not only coincidence, there has to be something out there seriously.

As soon as I saw this thread I was very interested and did some research.

Wow those drawings do look similar...well I've always thought that there were aliens out there somewhere.

Some people even beleive that aliens helped the egyptians build the pyramids since no one can figure out how the ancient egyptians could have built them without modern technology... Thats pretty awsome when you think about it... aliens helping us start our civilizations. :alien5:

Thanks for the book stoffe!

As soon as I saw this thread I was very interested and did some research.

Wow those drawings do look similar...well I've always thought that there were aliens out there somewhere.

Some people even beleive that aliens helped the egyptians build the pyramids since no one can figure out how the ancient egyptians could have built them without modern technology... Thats pretty awsome when you think about it... aliens helping us start our civilizations. :alien5:

Thanks for the book stoffe!

Yup, it’s very difficult to think that the Egyptians made the pyramids alone only with slave power.... I saw a hieroglyph where it proves Egyptian knew how to use light or battery I think I will look for it.

Edit: Here it is >> http://www.ivanfraser.com/images/eglightbulb.jpg

I have always thought that too. I also thought of another possibility: if in the future humans somehow found a way to travel through time and the humans of the past thought we were aliens, like if we had space suits on or something, like in this picture the "aliens" had some sort of helmet on.

ancientastronautscc5.jpg

like in this picture the "aliens" had some sort of helmet on.

ancientastronautscc5.jpg

That picture is pretty open to interpretation though. It could be some sort or ceremonial headgear, a high collar or a halo just as likely as it could be seen as a transparent ball helmet. :)

That picture is pretty open to interpretation though. It could be some sort or ceremonial headgear, a high collar or a halo just as likely as it could be seen as a transparent ball helmet. :)

You're right, I just thought of the helmet as one possibility. :giveup:

This could be evidence that there were extraterrestrials visiting the planet thousands of years ago.

<OR>

Most likely it could just be evidence that there have been UFO kooks since prehistory.:xp:

I have always thought that too. I also thought of another possibility: if in the future humans somehow found a way to travel through time and the humans of the past thought we were aliens, like if we had space suits on or something, like in this picture the "aliens" had some sort of helmet on.

ancientastronautscc5.jpg

I have thought of this too... but then how come they haven’t visited us in the present?

Some religions believe that life on the planet earth actually began away from here in the distant stars, the most well know of which being Scientology. This belief has existed for millennia with many cultures describing how Man came to this earth rather than being created or evolving here.

Some cultures old cultures are also known to have described Gods much the way we would talk about Aliens now.

The pictures shown above are like any kind of Pictures or texts from that era and are open for interpretation.

...Or you could just drop down and allege the pictures are photoshopped. :)

I saw a picture of a tomb with some pictures of alien stuff, including the "flying saucer". I believed it...until they mentioned about Area 51 and shot their credibility in the foot. Eh.

I was also disappointed that the flying saucer was circular, when REAL flying saucers have to be like V-Shaped Stealth Bombers that skip like saucers. They are not supposed to look like flying saucers, they are only supposed to travel like flying saucers! If you are going to come up with UFO theories, please go and read the first sightings of UFOs, first, geeze.[/rant]

Great knees of St. Simeon Stylites, please will you people please learn some basic archaeology?!

I'm sorry to fly off the handle, but this really bugs me. We've had a dozen threads on these subjects, and still the same old myths keep being drudged up....

Yup, it’s very difficult to think that the Egyptians made the pyramids alone only with slave power....

The. Pyramids. Were. Not. Built. By. Slaves.

They were most likely built with less than forty-thousand paid, free, workers. At least read up on the subject from things other than random web crap...Petrie provided evidence that proves beyond reasonable doubt that the pyramids at Giza were built by free workers, who were paid and housed on-site. Recent reconstruction work has shown that the pyramids were mostly likely constructed by an interior-ramp method requiring, if I recall, no more than around forty-thousand men.

I saw a hieroglyph where it proves Egyptian knew how to use light or battery I think I will look for it.

Edit: Here it is >> http://www.ivanfraser.com/images/eglightbulb.jpg

Oh, please. Next it'll be the Orion Correlation Theory.... First off, ivanfraser.com is clearly run by a nut. Second, the 'Dendera Lightbulb' is a picture, not a hieroglyph. Third, the theory is pseudoscientific at best, downright lunacy at worst. The Egyptians didn't have the glass, nor is their evidence of the knowledge of tungsten, or of the basic technological requirements. Nowhere is there any basis for this supposed technology in archaeology. It's a lotus-flower spawning a snake - a mythological representation. Nothing more.

As to the pictures supplied by The Padawan:

The first appears to be two people with their heads surrounded by halos. Or if you're a Seventh Day Adventist, Baalist sun-wheels.

The second is clearly a stylised human.

The third is a crudely-drawn man in a box, probably found in a cave, or area of neolithic/pre-civilisation dwelling. If in Egypt, I'd probably guesstimate a date of around 6000-5000 BC. If it were on paper, it could've been drawn by a two-year-old anywhere just yesterday.

The fourth is probably part of a temple carving, showing someone sitting with their legs in the air. Without seeing the whole relief, who can say? It could equally be someone going for a manicure as someone getting into a spaceship.

The fifth would appear to be another early drawing of a person, this time in their dwelling.

EDIT: @starmark: Raelianism is the foremost proponent of this, I believe. :) Also, welcome back, O emperor ( :xp: ). How's life?

The definition between a free peasent who has to work for the Parahoh due to "outdated religious theories"...and a enslaved worker is quite small indeed. Just ask a Marxist. :D

They were paid, housed, lived better than they would commonly, and seem to have enjoyed the work. They owned land, were not forced into labour as far as we can tell, and it has been posited worked on the pyramid during the season when the Nile was in flood. Slavery as we understand it did not exist in Pharaonic Egypt, and peasant-workers certainly did not belong to the Lord of the Two Lands, as slavery implies.

And marxism is largely misunderstood and ill-applied. Arguing that the peasant in ancient Egypt was enslaved to Pharaoh, what are we, then, in modern society? We are certainly no more free, and certainly no better.

The. Pyramids. Were. Not. Built. By. Slaves.

They were most likely built with less than forty-thousand paid, free, workers. At least read up on the subject from things other than random web crap...Petrie provided evidence that proves beyond reasonable doubt that the pyramids at Giza were built by free workers, who were paid and housed on-site. Recent reconstruction work has shown that the pyramids were mostly likely constructed by an interior-ramp method requiring, if I recall, no more than around forty-thousand men.

Hey I know they where all not slaves, I know too they use they’re technology to make the work faster but read the damn bible dude, it says that it was made in 21 years if I recall... try to watch more discovery channel, it is said that to make the pyramids they would have to place a block of each 36 seconds to complete the pyramids in 21 years...

Oh, please. Next it'll be the Orion Correlation Theory.... First off, ivanfraser.com is clearly run by a nut. Second, the 'Dendera Lightbulb' is a picture, not a hieroglyph. Third, the theory is pseudoscientific at best, downright lunacy at worst. The Egyptians didn't have the glass, nor is their evidence of the knowledge of tungsten, or of the basic technological requirements. Nowhere is there any basis for this supposed technology in archaeology. It's a lotus-flower spawning a snake - a mythological representation. Nothing more.

Of course is a picture how else can I show it to you? Dude it obvious that it is a picture of a hieroglyphic and it is saying that it is a some sort of light or something like that I don’t really know.

The first appears to be two people with their heads surrounded by halos. Or if you're a Seventh Day Adventist, Baalist sun-wheels.

The second is clearly a stylised human.

I searched Ancient astronauts in wiki and these pictures where there.

The third is a crudely-drawn man in a box, probably found in a cave, or area of neolithic/pre-civilisation dwelling. If in Egypt, I'd probably guesstimate a date of around 6000-5000 BC. If it were on paper, it could've been drawn by a two-year-old anywhere just yesterday.

Is in Nazca dude and it has way to much time... it was not made by a kid yesterday... keep watching discovery channel dude.

The fourth is probably part of a temple carving, showing someone sitting with their legs in the air. Without seeing the whole relief, who can say? It could equally be someone going for a manicure as someone getting into a spaceship.

It is a Maya... it is said it the way to reach the other world ... strange inst it?

The fifth would appear to be another early drawing of a person, this time in their dwelling.

It's a native american art... ehh this one really looks fake but it's creepy.

Dude it obvious that it is a picture of a hieroglyphic and it is saying that it is a some sort of light or something like that I don’t really know.

I think DI's an egyptologist, you know - that or someone who seeks to absorb all the knowledge he can through books. I'd say that it doesn't so much look like a light bulb as a stylised fan. The whole thing is wide open to interpretation but when all other evidence says that the Egyptians did not have a lightbulb then this one drawing is not really significant.

I dislike this idea that the ancients had either divine directions or aid from extraterrestrials. I wonder if in a couple of thousand years time people will point at the Louvre and wonder how the ancients did it without modern technology. Perhaps some would also come to the conclusion that we had a helping hand.

EDIT: @starmark: Raelianism is the foremost proponent of this, I believe. :) Also, welcome back, O emperor ( :xp: ). How's life?

Scientology is more well known in the 'Western' world due to the Celebrity believers it has as followers (Tom Cruise perhaps being the most well known). Although a few years ago Raelianism had more followers, I would say the shift has changed towards Scientology recently. (I can't back this up as I can't find reliable figures).

Raelianism would seem more well spread as it has churches in almost all the continents, while Scientology seems to be more concentrated in North America and Europe (US and UK to be more accurate.)

Also for some reason scientology is considered to be a religion while most people would dismiss Raelianism as a cult. I have no idea why other than perhaps people like Tom Cruise give it more credibility (Why that would be the case is completely beyond me).

You'll tend to find both religious and scientific communities will dismiss most religions that involve alien as cults. This being said there are fields of science separate from such religions that investigate the possibilities of Aliens visiting this world or Humans in fact being alien themselves.

Archived