Home

Last Mandalorian?

MacTavish

They will die a death that will last millennia,

In this quote Kreia is talking about the Mandalorians, right?

until all that remains is their code, their history, and in the end, the shell of their armor upon the shell of a man, too easily slain by Jedi.

But in this quote, is she talking about Jango Fett?

In this quote Kreia is talking about the Mandalorians, right?

PC: What of the Mandalorians?

Kreia: They will die a death that will last millennia...

Of course she isn't, don't be silly. :p

But in this quote, is she talking about Jango Fett?

I'd presume so, there aren't any other last armored Mandalorians that were too easily slain by Jedi.

Depends on what canon you follow.

For most people, EU canon states that Boba Fett surivied the Pit, and when he escaped, refounded the Mandalorian race. He already has a daughter now, not sure if it is adopted...or otherwise. I think he allied with Han Solo to take down some Corellian rebels.

For movie Canon, Boba Fett is Boba-Dead.

For most people, EU canon states that Boba Fett surivied the Pit, and when he escaped, refounded the Mandalorian race. He already has a daughter now, not sure if it is adopted...or otherwise. I think he allied with Han Solo to take down some Corellian rebels.

I think the EU canon is better, although it would be cool if after he survived the pit, he went to search for the remaining clones of Jango and recruit them.

Boba is alive and has a daughter that wanted to kill him for abandoning her and her mother, it's eventually told that he also now has a grandaughter. He gains the title of Mandalore (during the Yuuzhan Vong crisis I think) and returns to the Mandalorian home planet of Mandalore.

Boba barely escaped the Sarlacc, but it took him days and has many scars in his body as a result. He allied himself with Han to kill Han's cousin, Corellian Head of State Trackan-Sal Solo

Well, even Canderous was technically a human. The original Mandalorians were a different race, their name slips my mind. The Mandalorians are a group of people. They just started taking in different races, and that's why Boba and Jango Fett were considered Mandalorians, even though they were truly humans.

The Mandalorians were resurrected from Clone troopers, then some stuff happened and... yeah.

Technically the Mando'ade are a culture, not something determined by bloodlines. No, Kreia wasn't talking about Jango, why? Well anyone here heard of Fenn Sysha? He was the Mandalore after Jango. Or what about Kal Skirrata from the Republic Commando books? Boba has (as of Legacy Sacrifice) regathered the normally nomadic Mando'ade to their home sector and is preparing to wrecke Massive havoc with his army of super commandos. As for all the Jango clones, all but a handfull are dead of old age and those that survived have Kal Skirrata to thank for getting Ko Sia (whatever her/his name is, evil Kaminoens, grr!) to halt the accelerated aging. The Mando may be gone as of 140 A.B.Y I havn't read the Legacy comics yet so I do not Know. Info on the end of the Mando'ade has not yet been published, and speculation is thus nigh useless.

-Bearer of the Krijinia.

After all, Jedi can slay Stormtroopers all the time, and since Stormtroopers are Mando's, then the Jedi indeed fufil the properchy.

In the end, could it just be a figurative death? So what if the Mando's reform into small tribes led by Mr. Boba Fett. Doesn't matter, because the Mando's will NEVER regain their former glory. The Mando's are bounty hunters and not the great conquerers of the past. Instead of dying with a bang, they'll die with a whimper, the same way the Old Republic died.

Doesn't matter, because the Mando's will NEVER regain their former glory. The Mando's are bounty hunters and not the great conquerers of the past. Instead of dying with a bang, they'll die with a whimper, the same way the Old Republic died.
Perhaps, but then again assumptions can be misconceived, a bit like the Jedi in the time period of the prequel trilogy whom "assume" that the Sith are extinct, never to return and yet that sneaky little Lord Chancellor was deceiving them right under their noses. Therefore my point is with the EU there are always opportunities to bring the Mando's back; perhaps not to their former glory as in the Old Republic, but certainly back to some prestige as warriors perhaps.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived