Home

So.... Old Timers?

Deft Aklin

/deepbow <DS>

Man those were the most amazing times......

Tovina -might- have convinced me to come visit the old SS server for a bit...

Good timing! /evilgrin I'm considering coming back for a little bit too. At least til the emu is done lol. Anyways, I'm probably a week or so before I would be able to play again - work is keeping me busy...oh boy.

Nice Leemu.

No Rogue, I actually ran the Imperial clan that started on these forums back at release, Dark Sovereignty.

AH! I knew your name looked familiar. Indeed, I remember DS. Good to hear you're coming back. You probably know me better by my first character, Jek.

Let me tell you about the PA Kioet' (Rogue15) and I are in, the Imperial Affiliates. To most of our members, it sounds like a simple, inclusive, yet vague, name. But, to members of swgalaxies.net forums, they know that IA is the successor to these forums' Associates.

If you're on this weekend, look Arev or Kioet' up.

yeah definitely! We do space stuff and I'm working on my medic and soon gonna place my hospital in the city. (gonna be after cl74...once i get all the GOOD buffs gonna work on that...) Chapter 7 is starting to sound really nice, 4 new dungeons!!! Missed ya Leemu!

Imperial Affiliates may be a based off how the Affiliates worked, but the one thing the Affiliates always was was Neutral as a whole. Anyway, I remember you Deft, but do you remember me? None of my toons exist anymore. But if you do log back in feel free to send a shout to Eirikr' or Eirikr. I enjoyed DS when i was in it for my small duration and was sad to see when it disbanded. Too many of my old friends left...now if we could just get corzip, jan, and tebs back :(

you didnt know i was him?!..wow..talk about oblivious. Yes you did. I was once Jordan Forerunner, he was my longest running character on starsider, before that i had a wookiee for a month(my duration of membership in DS) named Jowookibuk or something like that and then before that i had a human named Jo-Dae Daulas.. Ive been around quite some time :D

nope, same account since day 1. That man just happened to be unlucky enough to take my name up after i deleted...i need to get in touch with him one day and apologize for any confusion i've cause him :p.

And i see no reason to have such an attitute. My comment was merely stated around the fact that the Affiliates were always neutral. When you commented about succeeding the old guild i guess i felt a pang of rage at the fact that the Affiliates were seen as aligned sort of to say. No problems anyway. Ive thought about bringing back the Affiliates myself on a couple occasions, but for the guild we once were, i dont think it would work on the way galaxies is played now..its either imp, reb, or RP with imp or reb. neutral guild is really a thing of the past for the most part :(

yeah i know that. But i just got slightly upset at the way jek put it because that was one of the things i liked about the Affiliates the most. If you wanted to switch factions, you didnt have to expect a boot mail the next day when you told em heh.

yeah i know that. But i just got slightly upset at the way jek put it because that was one of the things i liked about the Affiliates the most. If you wanted to switch factions, you didnt have to expect a boot mail the next day when you told em heh.

Like you stated earlier, neutrality does not, can not, exist in SWG, regrettably. When Kio and I took over leadership, we reformed our current PA to be the Associates of old, with an Imperial flavor. We'll still accept any member, Rebel, Imperial, or Neutral. "Imperial" is the adjective, "Affiliates" is who we are.

And of course, like any successor, Kio and I went around reforming certain things that didn't work in the old PA, that know work in IA. Of course, that's not to say that the system we created is flawless. But, for now, it works with the current SWG system and mixed player base we attract.

Speaking of Trinity, Trinity City is a ghost town. They lost their shuttle port due to loss of population. I think they are only a Village, maybe Township. It's been a month or so since I was last there.

Before IA moved to Carpe Diem, Talus, we were looking into another city on Naboo. At the time, I was logged onto my alt, but when I logged into Arev, opened my Planetary Map, lo and behold, I discovered that this city was built on the very location that Jan pointed out after Trinity bumped us. When I emailed the PA, I used Jan's WP...didn't even bother to remain it, "Future Home"!

Oh well, we'll never be able to relive the past. But, we will be able to take what we learned and build upon it.

Speaking of Trinity, Trinity City is a ghost town. They lost their shuttle port due to loss of population. I think they are only a Village, maybe Township. It's been a month or so since I was last there.

Yeah it has been for nearly 2 years. Apparently they weren't impressed by the "new game enhancements."

yeah we kinda...set up some temporary bases around that city, didn't we. too bad about the turrets not being allowed to be instantly placed though, that could've been bad.....

I understand one reason for not wanting to switch from rebel...having a nice xwing or whatever rebel ship, losing faction buffs, etc. :) But we are accepting Rebels and Neutrals, as we're not completely based on PVP, though a few of us do get together for it on occasion. Our guild is growing too...soon we will have a shuttleport. 9 citizens away from having one. :)

Anybody take on NK-Necrosis yet? :joy:

Archived