Home

Kotor Savegame editor help needed

I'm trying to get my guys to have specific looks with the Kotor Savegame editor, but i have to go intot he gam each time to check if i got the right appearance i wanted. for example- if i wanted a character to look like a sith master, a specific one- i have to change it, save it, and go itto the gam eto see if it worked. this is proving to be quite annoying. i have about 30+ different types of sith master appearances to browse through, taking tons of wasted time, as i can't find exactly wha ti'm lookign for. is their a tool that allows me to look at the appearances wqithout having to play the game to see if i got the right one? Specifically, i'm trying to make some of my guys look like those 3 Sith masters at the end of the Freedom Nadd's tomb level, who looked really cool. If their isn't a tool or sometihng that does that, it would be nice to have one, or you could just refer to me what the appearance name of the appaearance i am looking for is.

(note to any noobies to simple modding- If you want to change things about and of of your Characters with the Kotor Savegame Editor, you cannot be inside the ebon Hawk in a the savegame you are editing for the changes to take place. you have to be outside, on a planet, with your party members you want changed with you.)

The fastest way of finding out the appearance index for the character is to do a search for them. In FindRefs, I did a search for "Sith Master" and found

411DXN_s.rim     g_darkjedi004.utc     FirstName            Sith Master

I then clicked "Extract Selected Files" and opened it with KGFF. The Appearance_Type is 564 (Dark_Jedi_Hi_Male_03).

HTH

Archived