Home

Kotor3 force new or updated powers

logan23

I was wondering what new force powers should be added to kotor3?

I would also like to know what present force powers in kotor2 do you think should be altered/updated for kotor3?

Just list the power with a short description of how it works, or how a present one should be altered.

Force Choke could be up'd. If you get a Prestige Class or something it upgrades into Mass Force Choke it would be a higher level Power, Maybe a little combo action like Malik did near the end of K1; he was choking two jedi then while still choking them shot his lightsaber at one and force lightning at the other, that was pretty sweet.

I think force ghost would be good. You could be able to use it before your death and when you die you'd give bonus attributes to the party.

PS, if your character dies(as in dead not HP0) in the game its game over. Characters are only killed in storylines, not random battles.

Oh, and it is annoying to say the least cause such power would bring the "Aeris Dies" incident once again.

Heehe! Force Far Sight from Mysteries of the Sith alows you to mentally scout ahead of you while you remain imobile. A totially WICKED dark side power would be what I call Force Decection, (used by Lomi Plo in Star by Star) it surounds the victim in a slowly closing web of darkside energies that slise the poor chap into precise little cubes of meat, bone, and gore. It would take almost ten seconds ingame, uninterupted but fatalty for one who doesn't know how to block it is certain. As said before we must have destruction and I would also like Force Deadly Sight. Those who haven't played Dark Forces 2 wont know this one so I'll explain. Imagine being confronted by a squad of Mandalorians that might possibly kill you, okay now your eyes begin to glow a hellish red and all in your feild of vision fall sheiking, smoking and shrivling as though looks could kill. Next, "Spear of Midnight Black" essentially a dark Jedi can form a functioning weapon, say a spear, out of pure inky evil energy and use it as one uses a weapon. wookipedia has an entry on it, it apears in the book Jedi Knight. Next I would like to be able to have some truly nasty stuff used against me that I cannot use In particular I am thinking of the afore mentioned thought bomb, it would rock to see one ofthose in action! Also I would like Force Absorb, not nessissarily for me though. Party members and NPCs should be able to cuase more damage and have powers unique to their Force connection. For instance Corran Horn in I, Jedi can absorb energy from flames, blaster shots etc. and use it to boost his own Force powers. Another nice one might be Battle Meld, but say if your party didn't share the same alignment or hated each other it would only work so well. Finally we need to use classic telekenisis, meaning I want to be able to move everything from guys to random peices of fruit and throw it all around me like Tenel Djo from Courtship of Princess Leia can do. Also that by the same token you could throw all that stuff at people.... :giggle1:

-Bearer of the Krijinia.

Okay, first dude...paragraphs. And second I like the Decection idea, but the far sight on the other hand is more second-rate and I don't think it would be needed unless combined it with their storyline 'force sense cutscenes' so that you could just meditate and sense or "scout" ahead before proceeding on command. I say stick with the force sense cutscenes, far sight seems like one of those free roam cameras to look at everything.

I'd really like to be able to Flow walk, meet up with Revan or the Exile and Flow walk back to the Mandolorian or Jedi civil Wars, and witness key events or to help understand why people fell to the dark side etc.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Flow_walk

I'm begging you, NO!

Personally, I think they should reduce the number of powers, but give each more uses.

For the sake of those who can't read minds, what are your reasons for it's dismissal? :)
I guess it is basically a culmination of a pet peeve I have with the EU. Basically, in the films, the Force allows Jedi and Sith to enhance their physical abilities, affect the world around them, and give them limited telepathic powers. That's it. The EU has **** like people blowing things up with their mind, creating wormholes to destroy capital ships, electric judgment, etc. Now they've added time travel. It is just so over the top. The EU has taken Jedi and Sith and turned them into gods and superheroes, not the super soldiers/police they are portrayed as in the films. It makes those such as Anakin, Yoda, and Palpatine, who are supposed to be the best each order has, arguably for all time, and makes them into a bunch of wimps. Who needs a clone army when you can destroy entire fleets with your mind?

On top of that, you have all the other silliness and inconsistencies that come with the EU, like only 3 million clones, people live well into their 120's, and a starfighter that was nearly indestructible and could destroy an entire star system. Yuck.[/rant]

That's the short answer. :p:D

I catch your drift, I too wouldn't want it to step on the toes of yoda and sidious, but I seperate the films from the EU, that includes games, especially the post ROTJ stuff because it's even more of a contrast to what was established in the OT :) doesn't mean I don't enjoy it though....

I would like to see Emerald Lightning/Judgement , either as a separate force power to normal sith lightning or the same where the effects would vary depending on your force alignment.

For example it would appear a green/yellow colour when LS but would have effects such as sapping will, Strength or force saves but not so destructive but when on DS its normal lightning but is more destructive but looses the 'sapping' effect of being LS.

• 4 weeks later...

Could we fien death, navigate starships, or throw off energy waves? ;) Seriously those are real Force powers, just check out the typo-ridden Tales of the Jedi Companion.

Most of the powers I suggested in my earlier post are ones I would like the bad guys ONLY to have acssess to, personally, I hate that the villians are such lame Force-weilders in comparison with even your party members or the very Jedi masters said villians kill. Also, I don't want flow walking or telekenetic lightsaber combat or Cade Skywalker's revitalize power. (but wait, don't we already have that?) In any event, I would actually like KotOR 3s main character to be weaker than Exile, which would make the game allot more fun in my opinion, since it would be more challenging. What would REALY be amussing would be real time combat and jumping, but that's only wishfull thinking...

• 3 weeks later...
I guess it is basically a culmination of a pet peeve I have with the EU. Basically, in the films, the Force allows Jedi and Sith to enhance their physical abilities, affect the world around them, and give them limited telepathic powers. That's it. The EU has **** like people blowing things up with their mind, creating wormholes to destroy capital ships, electric judgment, etc. Now they've added time travel. It is just so over the top. The EU has taken Jedi and Sith and turned them into gods and superheroes, not the super soldiers/police they are portrayed as in the films. It makes those such as Anakin, Yoda, and Palpatine, who are supposed to be the best each order has, arguably for all time, and makes them into a bunch of wimps. Who needs a clone army when you can destroy entire fleets with your mind?

On top of that, you have all the other silliness and inconsistencies that come with the EU, like only 3 million clones, people live well into their 120's, and a starfighter that was nearly indestructible and could destroy an entire star system. Yuck.[/rant]

That's the short answer. :p:D

Well said... ^^ I agree about how the Jedi have almost become like God... (even though sometimes I enjoy the power) well I just wish they would not make more dumb powers like force breathe or whatever it's called.. Give us fewer powers with more practical uses...

If it would look over the top in the movies, leave it out. If telekinesis and lightning were good enough for Lucas they should be for any game based in his world.

Shooting energy blasts from your hands? Creating illusions? Teleporting? Bringing back the dead? I suppose next there'll be fireballs and Force ghosts you can summon from the afterlife... Really, it all sounds like something out of a fantasy novel.

I'd like to see more alignment based, class based, and dialogue choices limiting what powers you are given as options.

For instance, only DS could learn force lightning to any kind of effective degree, though LS could learn a non lethal weakened down electric judgement that would weaken and at high levels stun opponents. Causing disease and poison should be separated out as different powers, rather than increasing levels of the same power, though 2 - 3 levels of poisoning power shojld be a prerequisite to a cause disease.

Also, purely healing force powers should be limited to LS characters, and there should be high level variants that you gain access to if you train in it at lower levels. After 2 - 3 levels in heal, you should only then the option to cure poison as an additional power. Likewise, you'd have to use up one of your powers if you wanted to cure disease. If you go dark side, you'd be stuck with variants that either only heal yourself, heal yourself to the detriment of the party, or heal a party member only by siphoning life energy from somewhere.

I don't know that battle meditation should even be a discipline that any class other than a Jedi master or sith Lord can do. It seems far less like a watchman, assassin, marauder, a weapon's master power, making others fight more effectively. Weapon's masters would fight for people they work with or are trying to protect, where watchmen might be able to learn a certain basic proficiency, but I doubt be able to practice it on such a wide scale as the exile on Onderon. Jedi Masters are the teachers of the order, and the ones that work through surrogates on the LS. Sith Lords are the master manipulators of the DS, getting others to do their dirty work, strengthening one side in a conflict until both are weakened from a conflict and easy to dispatch. This was sidious' way, and the choices of powers should reflect something of this.

Or perhaps if a LS character were to specialize several levels of disable droid and have a high enough skill at repair / computer, they might get the power to use their force powers to have machinery work better for them. A communicate with droid power or a specialized ability to make swoops more responsive I think would be a good pay off for putting all your skills and powers towards maximizing an understanding of machines. Perhaps even the ability to hack either without needing spikes, or that it still costs spikes but that it always succeeds would be a good passive power.

All in all, I'd like to see the development of what the Jedi Order talked about in the latter days of the old republic. Jedi limiting themselves to LS powers. Specialization, but benefits from that specialization. Even within that, I'd like to see your character to have to build up a base of knowledge in one thing before other things become available, as well as synergies develop between skills and powers as long as you stay specialized, but that you'll be much weaker if you try to be a jack of all trades.

For instance, a Jedi that does not choose the highest level of healing skill, does not have the LS alignment, or does not max out the original 3 healing Force powers, should not be given the option of curing poison or diseases. If any of these things are missing, they just never rise to the higher level. That would allow for people to have certain basic proficciencies in most things, but have to pick one area in which to really excell (if they wanted one).

I think that customizability and increasingly making these choices mutually exclusive to this degree would make for a much better PC and replayability experience. One play through you could go for having complete control over your own body and mind through study into meditation and healing. Another game you could have extreme influence over machines and droids, even surpassing Bao Dur in ways. A third, you could be as charismatic and socially aware as Revan.

I'd also like to see this affect your party. Will your droids or the people find you agreeable? It would be hard to design your character where both were true if you also wanted the character to be effective in melee combat. Anyway, I hope it's not too complicated an idea to be implemented.

Archived