Home

Halloween (2007)

Nalukai

chase you have and will always be a prude......if you actually caught up with this movie before it came out for months it was clearly directed towards the origin of Michael as a kid and in the institute... and both Carpenter and Moustapha Akkad had his blessings with the final cut and loved the way he twisted it. I seen the original in the theater and still appreciate this rendition.... so w/e

btw... rotten tomatoes isnt the best place to go to get an actual sense of the ratings of a movie... you should try Metacritic instead.

(and the whole point of the movie was to make him non supernatural, god why do I even keep coming here)

I dunno, but there's no need to attack another swampie simply because you both have valid yet differing views :dozey:

And why did you attack chase? I mean, at least Chase went in depth into what he didn't like, whereas JoeDoe just flat out said it sucked.

Also: Shift key. Use it.

...and both Carpenter and Moustapha Akkad had his blessings with the final cut...

Bologna, Akkad died in 2005 in a terrorist bombing in Jordan.

Carpenter on the other hand, might well have, but he also "produced" that rancid The Fog remake and apparently signed off on the terrible Assault on Precinct 13 remake as well. So I think Carpenter, while one of my favorite directors of all time, is probably hard up for cash and willing to let crappy remakes get made, while providing the studio with the guise he thinks favorably of the remakes.

I dunno, but there's no need to attack another swampie simply because you both have valid yet differing views :dozey:

And why did you attack chase? I mean, at least Chase went in depth into what he didn't like, whereas JoeDoe just flat out said it sucked.

Also: Shift key. Use it.

Don't drag me into a fight Bongo!! :p

O

1) In the original Halloween we only see Michael Meyers face as a kid and not when he's an adult and on the killing spree. It's always scarier, more intense, or suspenseful not knowing what he looks like. It's also scarier not knowing.

2) What made the original scary was the suspense. In this one they try to rely on shock value. They've increased the body count a lot and increased the blood/gore. That's not scary. Just gross. And in many times annoying. Suspense can be scary because you just don't know what's going to happen and when.

3) In the original Halloween Michael Meyers falls out a window then disappears which is scary. Because you don't know what's going to happen next. In this one you know what happens. They shoot him down and he F***ING DIES! What's so scary about that? He went out more like a man when he got his head chopped of in one of the previous films.

1.They actually show his face more as an adult in the original than in the remake. They don't really show Michael's face as an adult in this version. They show him without a mask but his face is always covered up by his hair that you can'r really see him anyways. however in the original there was a straight clean long shot of him without his mask on and you can see his face fine.

2.I kinda agree about the second point tho. I didn't feel that scared by anything in the movie.

3. Did you watch the workprint version because that's the one where it ends with all the cops shooting Michael. In the theatrical version, instead of them shooting him up, Michael smashes Loomis' skull and chases Laurie up the balcony. then they both fall down or something and she shoots him. and Michael never got his head chopped off in any of the previous movies either. In Halloween Resurrection, we find out that Michael crushed an EMT's throat and switched clothes with him, so the guy that got his head chopped off at the end of H20 was an innocent person. besides, in the old movies they made Michael a superhuman dude who had enhanced strength and immortality since he had some curse of the thorn on him. in this one Rob just wanted to show that Michael was just a really disturbed dude.

I may give it a chance. But a very super smaller than an atom chance. I have 3 main reasons why I think it will suck though:

1. Rob Zombie directed it.

He's not that bad, i actually liked "The Devil's Rejects" and his music, but hey! To each their own! :)
2. It's a remake and remakes generally suck.
Definately, especially those remakes of J-Horror that keep cropping up, i'm always comparing of how shoddy the remakes are to the superior (imo) originals.
3. I didn't care much for the original. A remake of a movie I didn't care much for to begin with can only mean certain doom.
The original was a classic, no doubt about it and should have been the only one, the only reason their doing a remake is because the series is all dried up and they really couldn't do a further sequel with a stupid name like "Halloween 553 (:lol: ): The Re-Resurrection Of Ze Freak That Just Won't Die!"

Archived