Jedi vs Gray Jedi vs Dark Jedi (Sith)

JoeDoe 2.0

Who do you favor?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you favor?

• The Jedi, peacekeepers of the galaxy
    • The Gray Jedi
    • The Sith, masters of the dark arts

All of the three Jedi categories come from the same place: Force Sensitives. Some start as a Jedi and fall into darkness, others find their inner balance and walk a fine line in between and other simply follow the teaching and ally themselves with the light. The Darkness and Light struggle in a never ending battle, while the Gray don't ally themselves with either side and only look for themselves while chaos erupts around them, letting the other two sides destroy each other. My question is, who's right? From their point of view, the Jedi believe the Sith to be a disease that needs to be wiped out for the sake of the galaxy, while he Sith believe that the Force is an instrument to be used by the strong to rule over the weak, and despise the Jedi for ruining their plans and being "blind" to their true potential; and at the end of it all, the Gray don't walk in either territory, for they believe that Force Sensitives should not decide the fates of millions of other beings and endangering everything with their actions. SO I ask you, who is right and why?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lightside ftw. :p

Btw. I am still not sure how "starwarsy" the idea of grey jedi is. The films seem to suggest (and Lucas has stated so I believe), that there is only a light and a dark side, and the Force adept has to make his choice.

Of course you could say that grey jedi are the Force users that follow the path of the light, but not necessarily the guidance of the jedi council (e.g. Jolee Bindo, Qui-Gon Jinn and Kyle Katarn), but it seems that someone who truly balances his selfish and benevolent deeds does not exist in the "classic" SW.

I go with the Jedi.

At least they have the "somewhat" right intentions. They are trying to protect the millions of innocents where the Sith want to rule over them

The Grey Jedi. It seems to me that they don't really care all that much, and that just seems to me a little on the dark side-ish of thinking.

I wouldn't say Sith, but i'd have to go with a Dark Jedi, not necessarily evil but yet not constrained by the narrow minded confines and opinions of the Jedi Order (atleast the old order anyway) - therefore an individual freer to make more choices without the daily worryings and struggles of controlling emotions. Besides, to become a true master of the force one must study both sides of the force and not just the path of light or just the path of dark, like Darth Revan who embraced the dark side so that he might stand a chance against the True Sith Empire (in the viewpoint of Kreia that is). This would make Revan a fallen Jedi yes but no Sith as he conquered for the greater good of the galaxy and not for personal ambition, defining the key difference between himself and Malak who had all the traits of a classic Sith Lord.

Therefore in relation to the poll, the closest thing to this would be a Grey Jedi, so i'll vote for that.

Has to be Dark Jedi.

If you are granted unlimited power, do you really think you aren't going to get corrupted? Nah. In that case, they are right, you are granted that power, you might as well use it to enslave countless millions. The Jedi and the Gray Jedi know that too, but they are using their powers to get people on the path they think is the correct path (which, ironically enough, also happens to be enslavement, even if it is "enlighted"). It doesn't matter who is good or evil, but who is right and wrong, and the Sith are right in that Force Users do in fact control the galaxy and are superior to non-Force Users.

The question is not who I support, but who is right. If it was "who I support", I might as well align myself with Gray, because they look like good slackers who can do whatever they want, and oppress/save how they desire.

So basically, Gray Jedi are stronger for knowing both Dark and Light sides of the force?

I thought Gray Jedi were former Jedi who did not obey the order, but didn't fall to the darkside

There are TOO MANY definitions of Gray Jedi.

There is the Gray Jedi that are former Jedi still on the LS according to that Gray Jedi Robe in TSL.

There is the Gray Jedi in the works of True_Avery which calls Gray Jedi the most powerful since they embrace Both Good and Evil.

There is the Gray Jedi I see as the person who is fully in the Gray by becoming psyhotic/insane and doing both good and evil deeds (helping out old lady, then kicking her to death). You know, on second thought, maybe I shouldn't really become a Gray Jedi, I should just stick to being Dark Jedi, who do good deeds, but only because he wants to do good deeds.

There are Gray Jedi who are really just Dark Jedi in denial (since they seek to use the Dark Side), according to Prime.

And there are countless others in post-production.

Hm...maybe I should start a poll about these definitions...

If you are granted unlimited power, do you really think you aren't going to get corrupted? Nah.

Depends on the person or their own ambitions, a Dark Jedi is not a Sith per say and so do have a balance of good somewhere in them; it's like the old argument as to whether Anakin Skywalker was ever a Sith or merely a fallen/dark Jedi; since he eventually saved his son Luke from Palpatine, undoubtebly a Sith Lord, the good in Anakin still came through in the end to fulfill Anakin's destiny as the chosen one whom would destroy the sith and bring balance to the force; only the Sith use their power for personal ambition whereas a Dark Jedi use both sides of the force in different ways and not necessarily for evil. An example of this would be Mara Jade, the Emperor's Hand. Certainly trained in the dark arts of the force Mara Jade used these dark abilities coldly and efficiently as an assassin for the empire but was never a Sith such as her master Palpatine. Like Anakin, Mara would eventually turn from the dark path when Luke Skywalker "redeems" her and she becomes Luke's wife, therefore i would categorize Mara Jade as a sort of "Grey Jedi of the Dark Side", a Grey Jedi whom has been taught in the dark side of the force.

So basically, Gray Jedi are stronger for knowing both Dark and Light sides of the force?

I thought Gray Jedi were former Jedi who did not obey the order, but didn't fall to the darkside

Grey Jedi are somewhat a mysterious group as they are not necessarily Jedi or have ever been part of a Jedi Order, but are force practicers that don't follow the confines of the Jedi Order. A strong example of these Grey Jedi would be the Imperial Jedi of the new Galactic Empire under the emperor Roan Fel, such as Sigel Dare or Antares Draco. The New Jedi Order saw these Jedi as "Grey Jedi" as they served an emperor and not for the good and will of the force and thus didn't fit in to the Jedi ideals of a typical light-sided force user.

Within Kotor and TSL examples of Grey Jedi would be Kreia (before emerging once again as Traya) and Jolee Bindo.

Seems more like a Jack of All Trades situation where they are familiar with both sides but aren't particularly strong in either of them, since they embrace the power of neither side.

Sort or like a multiclassed character in an RPG... you are half-arsed at two things rather than specialized in one. :)

Well, technically one is most powerful when archieveing perfect harmony between Light And Dark. I think Jacen pulled it off once, but it seems to be an extremely draining effort. Then again few have obtained such a state and I doubt anyone could master it.

THAT ASIDE.

While not as powerful as either pure LS or pure DS.

GRAY JEDI WINS AT LIFE.

They are not so stuck up in personal ideal, nor are they totally focused on personal power. BUT they are much less distanced from the mundanes, and more approachable. This means they are easier to make friends, understand the REAL WORLD things happening at the life of others. Oh and they make more friends too. Friends, and not underlings, fanboys, admirers, co-schemers, unwilling-allies, subjects...

Well, technically one is most powerful when archieveing perfect harmony between Light And Dark. I think Jacen pulled it off once, but it seems to be an extremely draining effort. Then again few have obtained such a state and I doubt anyone could master it.

Isn't that called being attuned completely with "Ashla" or the Light Side of the Force? I think it's called Oneness... And also that it's a Light Side trait... meaning that knowledge of the Dark-Side would be unnecisary. Dark-siders have that similar trait but it's more like a oneness with their rage or passions.

As for Taoism... :lol: "The Way" or Dao, IS perfect harmony between the dark and light.

A somewhat Light-Side leaning Gray Jedi is probably the strongest type.

Then again... all this is irrelevant compared to how strong the individual is in the Force.

Well, Jedi and Sith don't destroy each other, it's the Sith that seek to anihilate all Jedis. And a Jedi ultimate goal consist on bringing balance to the Force, whatever that means. Meanwhile Gray Jedi finish tending to one side or another. Remenber Joley?

Archived