Home

The Better Sith Lord - Contains Spoilers.

T3-M4

Sith lords  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Sith lords

• Revan
    • Malak
    • Sion
    • Nihilus
    • Traya

I've been wondering, 'Who was the better Sith Lord' out of K1 and TSL.

Malak with his Darth vader look at the deck of the Leviathan, (and his mechanical voice.)

Darth Revan - for having cool robes :p

Darth Sion, for being creepy.

Darth Nihilus for being such a inimaginable figure, (Draining life, that mask, etc.)

Or Darth Traya, for being such a %$@# for betraying her Apprentice. :p

I'd have to go with Nihilus. He creeps me out. He's SCARY. :[

So, who do you think? :)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like all of them, except Malak (don't really like him compared to the TSL Sith Lords and Revan of course) and Nihilus (the most boring Sith Lord from TSL).

I would vote for Traya for being the better Sith Lord, but I've always liked Sion the most, hence why I voted for him.

Edit: Other Threads I have related to this include:

Who Is Your Favourite Sith Lord In The KOTOR Series?

Sion Vs Nihilus

I liked all the Sith Lords, but their characters and history should had been worked further(background, origins etc) , they had great potential.

I believe the same.... for me the best of them... Revan... after all none of them would have become sith's if it wasn’t for him.

It really depends. Nihilus was the most dangerous, as the completion of his objectives would have been a total galactic genocide. However, he had massive weaknesses - his lack of any real strategic ability, his inability to speak a coherent language, and his ship that was coming apart at the seems makes him considerably less dangerous than he could be.

Sion was just a brute. Not particularly powerful, not particularly dangerous, his only real upside was that he was so hard to kill.

Malak wasn't much to speak of. Revan, but not as intelligent and weaker.

Traya takes Nihilus' devastating capabilities and mixes it with a small piece of Revan's intellect. Although Revan is probably the most powerful on the list, Traya is the most dangerous.

Well... it depends on what you mean by "Better Sith Lord".

If you're talking about who has more of a Sith mind-set than the rest... then I'd have to go with Sion. Revan and Traya specifically point out that they themselves are not Sith and are instead, "themselves" (more-or-less.... a darker-gray Jedi).

Nihilus specifically did not care for the Sith or the Jedi or anything for that matter... he's not what would be considered "a Sith"... just a mindless megalomaniac bent on wiping out all life.

Malak's just an 8-foot crybaby... stupid cheese-head. :lol:

Sion is closer in line with what is at the core of the Sith Philosophy. He's definitely not the strongest though. On terms of power... it's probably got to be Nihilus... although, his weaknesses were apparent and once exploited, he's easily killable. Revan and Traya are definitely the most cunning... Revan being more powerful in the Force... but less willing to betray as fully as Traya. Malak is easily pwnable... he's just straight up a pathetic excuse for a Sith. Although... listening to him laugh would probably cause you to give in to your suicidal tendencies.

The strongest was probably Nihilus. Sion was weak because he got killed so many times, then Malak merely because he never did anything to put him above average, then Traya since she had all those pwnz0r Sith moves. Even though we see nothing of Revan's power, only a few relative quotes, he's implied to be above average. I'd put him and Nihilus in the same tier.

Anyone but Malak really - he's laugh is so phoney, I want to put a lightsaber through him for that reason alone... Mr. Cheesy indeed, as The Architect once said.

My own vote goes to Nihilus, but I'm fine with Traya taking the lead.

Odd, though... We've had polls like this one before, and none of the sith lords of TSL ever seemed to have a chance. Revan always seems to win any poll he is in, even if he has nothing to do with what is being asked. Where are all the Revan fanboys?

Nihilus isn't really sith, just another wound in the force, like exile, though bound to the dark side. He's ruled by his hungers and never overcomes them.

Sion is a brute, ruled by his fears, and none of them are really for anybody but himself

So it was really close to me between Revan and Kreia. Both were ruled by their fears, but both looked beyond themselves too. In the end, I picked Kreia, but I could have picked Revan and not had a problem with it.

It's the kilt... I'm tellin' ya. With the armor, and the mask... and the fact that she/he's called "Dark Lord of the Sith".

And probably the way he/she twirls that lightsaber when Bastila is about to attack...

Then again... it's not like I'm going to choose Revan over everything else... unlike other fan-girls/boys...

Here's the list of strongest... IMO

Nihilus

Revan

Traya

Sion

Malak

Sion's a better Sith because he's more in line with the philosophy than the others... Traya and Revan are smart enough to let someone else (the Exile) kill Nihilus... and Malak's just a stupid cheese-head...

It's the homosexual loincloth... I'm tellin' ya.

Fixed.

Sion's a better Sith because he's more in line with the philosophy than the others... Traya and Revan are smart enough to let someone else (the Exile) kill Nihilus... and Malak's just a stupid cheese-head...

Sion's philosophy on the Force seemed a little... off to me. "The Force is a blade. Without it, you are defenseless"? I didn't think that was a very accurate metaphor.

True... but he had more of the Sith mentality than the others. Malak was nothing more than a Dark Jedi, Nihilus hated all life, therefore rejecting the Sith Philosophy as well... i.e... "He cares nothing for the Jedi... or the Sith"

Traya specifically said that it was a title that she didn't fit under... which it can be assumed that Revan feels the same way... and only uses the dark side out of neccesity. Sion's not a very good Sith, no... but he has more of the mind-set than the rest. The Death of the Jedi mattered more to him than conquering the Republic... which is what "echoed" in the old Sith teachings.

"But in their hearts they never forgot the Jedi... their hatred for them burns like fire in their veins..."

That's just my opinion though... that the Sith want to kill all Jedi first... then conquer the Republic. Nihilus wanted to kill everything... Traya states time and time again that she isn't Sith... Revan only wanted to conquer the Republic to prepare against the True Sith (canon)... and Malak simply just wanted to conquer the Republic... but he was never very "Sithly" in the first place.

It's the homosexual loincloth... I'm tellin' ya.

Fixed.

Well... if you want to call it that... then, sure... but it's not going to make hardcore fan-boy/girls stop loving Revan. :lol:

I swear... there's got to be a Revan cult somewhere...

Actually, to say the best sith, you should pick from those that actually rise to the top of the heap. Revan did for a time. Kreia did for a time. Malak did for a time.

Sion never did, nor did Nihilus.

As far as their attitudes, I'd definitely agree that Sion's is most representative of the Sith order. I'd also agree that Revan and Kreia saw their becoming sith as alliances of necessity or convenience. Malak really was more a dark Jedi than a Sith. There was no sublety to him

If you're talking about the ideal Sith, then... It's definitely not Malak. Nihilus was very powerful, but like Weave said, he didn't really exemplify the Sith ideal. Sion was Sithlike, I'll give him that. Traya the Betraya was perfect in the betrayal ideal of the Sith (Obviously), and Revan... We don't know much about his ideals. From what we do know, though, he's good at being a Sith Lord.

In my opinion Malak was the best Sith Lord in KoToR 1 as his reverberating voice helped to put emphasis on the games major points.

Revan as powerful as he was, was only shown via flashbacks and visions, so no one really knows how powerful he was.

Sion in KoToR was an interesting twist on the whole the Dark Side equals eternal life. Not to mention he also had a cool voice that helped bring to life a rather quiet game dialogue wise.

Archived