Home

The Better Sith Lord - Contains Spoilers.

T3-M4

Sith lords  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Sith lords

• Revan
    • Malak
    • Sion
    • Nihilus
    • Traya

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lol: But funnily was one of the easier "bosses" in the game!

I somehow doubt that people would have preferred not to be immune to his greatest strength. Being killed instantly without any chance to fight back doesn't really make for great game play. :)

I somehow doubt that people would have preferred not to be immune to his greatest strength. Being killed instantly without any chance to fight back doesn't really make for great game play. :)
True, i was just stating the irony in it, that's all. To be literally that powerful ingame would have made the game impossible, or atleast very challenging anyway. I always play with hardcore mods with TSL as the "Sith Lords" weren't what i'd call "Sith Lords", but hardcore mods certainly make up for that! :D

Actually, Nihilus would've killed the Exile a few seconds into the fight if she wasn't a wound in the Force.
Or even less, as the case may have been. However, there are always alternatives to defeating an enemy in battle than fighting, or though in TSL this would have made the Nihilus encounter less fun i suppose.

• 2 weeks later...

Revan of course... and he is also a very powerful Jedi( from ones perspective of course)... I mean he left known space to stop a apperently serious threat. He either stopped it or died trying to!!!! That makes him #1 Sith Lord or #1 Jedi Master.

• 2 weeks later...

I vote for Revan!

The main reasons are as follows:

1- Revan managed to accomplish the highest goal of a Sith. Guess what? Creating a powerful Sith Empire to rule the Galaxy. That's what Revan did. He managed to create and control a powerful Sith Empire and then initiated the conquest of the Republic with great efficiency.

2- He had an interesting personality. He was very powerful, talented, charismatic and knowledgeable.

He is also considered to be a candidate for Sith'ari rank. He is surely among the best.

Revan. Nihilus and Sion were a little lame and a little stupid and Kreia, the fact she didn't hide the fact she was a Sith very well and that 2 lame Siths were able to beat her tushy and she needed someone else to fight her battles when it came to getting revenge on them , not the best Sith Lord in my opinion. Revan wins pretty much for the reasons stated above by S_W LeGenD.

He managed to create and control a powerful Sith Empire ... He was very powerful, talented, charismatic and knowledgeable... He is also considered to be a candidate for Sith'ari rank.

Sounds rather like a pretty boring and Mary Sue-ish character from what you've described. :) An impeccable strategist, a master duelist, a charismatic leader, a powerful Force-user, a guy who can save or doom the galaxy depending on his mood... Pretty bland if you ask me. Realistic and fully dynamic characters have to struggle and at some points lose to achieve their goals; it's what makes them fully dimensional. Ones that simply win effortlessly at everything is like cheating in KotOR. Sure, it looks flashy and amazing at first, but it gets incredibly old incredibly fast.

Frankly, Revan is extraordinarily overrated. Winning at everything does not make a good character.

Kreia gets my vote for having original motivations behind her goals, constructing an elaborate set of lies the player fell head-over-heels for, (no, not the obvious fact she was lying about her past and current loyalties) having a unique and well-reasoned belief system, struggling to achieve her goals and for having her character shaped by those struggles... In other words, for being everything that Revan is not.

Whether she was easy to beat in the game or not be damned. That's completely unrelated to her character.

Kreia gets my vote for having original motivations behind her goals, constructing an elaborate set of lies the player fell head-over-heels for, (no, not the obvious fact she was lying about her past and current loyalties) having a unique and well-reasoned belief system, struggling to achieve her goals and for having her character shaped by those struggles... In other words, for being everything that Revan is not.

Whether she was easy to beat in the game or not be damned. That's completely unrelated to her character.

I couldn't agree more! But I can put it more succinctly: Kreia had personality.

The mere fact that some people really hate her is the best proof of this.

I mean: who feels anything for, say, the Hutt in Nar Shaddaa? Does anyone really hate (or love) him? Nope. He's just another character. I don't even remember his name!

On the other hand people hate Kreia, whether they admit it or not, because of the details of her personality: nagging, cryptic, obstinate, ruthless, prejudiced, manipulative. But, let's be fair, she is also clever, and, surprisingly, tender and loving.

Besides, from the point of view of creativity in game design, she is just amazing: who would have thought of a cranky, crippled grandma as a top villain? And her voice! This lady, Sara Kestelman, did a terrific job!

Well lets see

Revan repented so he isn't really the best Sith in my opinion.

Malak was a pretender (and a weak one at that)

Sion never really did anything.

Nihilus wasn't much of a Sith, he was just using them to achieve his plans.

Traya wasn't a Sith really either, she wanted to destroy the force, something that isn't very Sithy.

So for me it's either Malak or Sion.

So I go with Sion because Malak looked rubbish.

None of them! I go with the greatest one of them all, Wicket Wystri Warrick who will pawn all them other fools! :lol:

Sion still gets my vote though.

1- Revan managed to accomplish the highest goal of a Sith. Guess what? Creating a powerful Sith Empire to rule the Galaxy. That's what Revan did. He managed to create and control a powerful Sith Empire and then initiated the conquest of the Republic with great efficiency.
But so did Palpatine, originality score=zero on that front ;). Revan IMO is quite simply a dull character. Add to the fact that canonically Revan was lightsided (eventually :lol: ) makes Revan IMO the worst example of the very definition of a Sith Lord; nothing compared to the likes of Bane, Sadow or Ragnos.

Geez what's with all these Revan fanboys?! :lol:

Geez what's with all these Revan fanboys?! :lol:

Don't you know!? They are always there! :stick:

They come when you sleep. They come when you eat. The come when you're taking a shower. And they come when you log-out. 0_O

The polls have been taken over. The fan-art has been taken over...

It's only a matter of time before they take over the internet! Then they plan to take over the world! [/conspiracytheoryaboutRevanfanboysandgirls]

If it was "Who's the best blind Sith" the Revan admirers would still vote for Revan... then they'd come up with some far-fetched exuse on how Revan may have lossed his/her eye-sight in the unknown regions...

It'll be the new fanon.

:p

Revan isn't the best Sith, come on...

In terms of strength... even Nihilus would be Revan! And what about the Exile? Can't the Exile be considered a Sith Lord too? DSM Exile is a pretty sinister guy.

Traya and Nihilus winzorz.

I mean, has there ever been a more interesting character in Star Wars than Traya? Not in my opinion. Still, I like Nihilus more as a villain; I mean seriously, everything about him creeped me right the hell out. It's a shame he was such a walkover. I hope in K3 the major villains are harder to beat than anybody else you fight in the game.

Where are all the Revan fanboys?

Shhh! Don't awaken them. :D

originality score=zero on that front ;). Revan IMO is quite simply a dull character. Add to the fact that canonically Revan was lightsided (eventually :lol: ) makes Revan IMO the worst example of the very definition of a Sith Lord; nothing compared to the likes of Bane, Sadow or Ragnos.

High-five! That's exactly how I feel about Revan.

Archived