Home

Robes

Saber-Scorpion

hi i heard that they are working on a quest for the elder jedi arbiter robes so you can them after the nge to my friend just want tonow when they are going to realese the quest

There has for some time been a quest for Elder Jedi to change their Elder robe from the "light side" [light brown] to the "dark side" [dark brown] one. I had a light brown one for a while then changed to a dark brown one probably 8 months ago. But IMO they sure as hell better not allow NGE jedi to get those robes. After all we lost and all the work we put in, that would just be one more slap in the face by SOE.

lol what hard work, alost of elders are now just ebay jedi...seriously. -_-

/whap

I didn't say hard work. I said "the work we put in." I know for myself it took 4 months of constant grinding [i never used one grenade so don't start with me] of the FS boxes to even unlock my jedi. From there it took about 3 and a half months to complete my jedi template.

And who cares if they are ebayed now? That doesn't change the fact that grinding a pre-cu jedi took a lot more time/effort to complete their template then a player grinding a non-jedi profession. NGE jedi don't even know what "visibility" is lol.

Though if SOE does end up allowing NGE jedi access to the Elder robe, it really wouldn't surprise me based on their track record. And all I can say to that is I anxiously await the [hopeful] completion of the pre-cu emulator. I've played it a few times in the tests...it's fun to play it again, that is for sure. Brings back so many great memories. :)

sure but they should made a robe like that for the nge players with the attributes down bye 10 so it be like 10 strength 50 agility and 110 constistution and the cape should be Brown and they robe should be like the battle robe they use in the clone wars serier or they should look like obi wans episode 2 or 3 for lightside and like anakins for darkside

One thing that bugs me about elder Jedi.

You got the enjoyment of being the pinnacle of jedi. NGE jedi will never know that. You had the fun of jedi being a reward. NGE Jedi will never know that. You got the excitement of finally unlocking. NGE Jedi will not know that. So now you think they should never be able to get a robe you got because you got to experience more fun than them. Its been 2 years since the NGE(or has it been 3?). You got to experience the best of Galaxies. Yet you think that those that came to galaxies in the worst of galaxies should never get a reward you have?

What about all of the people who were denied the chance to unlock by timing. I knew several people who were one box away from unlocking when the NGE came out. So one box determines that they should never be equal to you?

I have heard several people offer up ideas for how an NGE could EARN the robe. Each time the Elder(snob) jedi tell them that they should never be able to. Quite honestly the people who stuck with SWG through all of the early stages of the NGE deserve something. hundreds of broken quests, numerous bugs, too many to list, and of course the empty servers.

You Elder(snob) jedi got to truly enjoy being a jedi, when it really meant something. NGE Jedi should have a way to earn something comperable to the robe if not the robe itself. Even if it means being hunted from beginning to end of the quest arc. Waiting for phases. only unlocking one robe quest per server reset.

Keep in mind I can't stand the number of jedi running around. But you have to be fair to them. They pay the same amount you do per month.

One thing that bugs me about elder Jedi.

You got the enjoyment of being the pinnacle of jedi. NGE jedi will never know that. You had the fun of jedi being a reward. NGE Jedi will never know that. You got the excitement of finally unlocking. NGE Jedi will not know that. So now you think they should never be able to get a robe you got because you got to experience more fun than them. Its been 2 years since the NGE(or has it been 3?). You got to experience the best of Galaxies. Yet you think that those that came to galaxies in the worst of galaxies should never get a reward you have?

That's pretty close.

What about all of the people who were denied the chance to unlock by timing. I knew several people who were one box away from unlocking when the NGE came out. So one box determines that they should never be equal to you?

Things aren't always equal in anything you do. One box away is still one box away. Timing is everything in life.

I have heard several people offer up ideas for how an NGE could EARN the robe. Each time the Elder(snob) jedi tell them that they should never be able to. Quite honestly the people who stuck with SWG through all of the early stages of the NGE deserve something. hundreds of broken quests, numerous bugs, too many to list, and of course the empty servers.

Now I would agree with this, those who were there deserve something [nge jedi just don't deserve the arbiter robe]. Now what about non-jedi? What will their reward be? Will this even happen? Probably not...it's almost been 2 years. But as history has shown, SOE is capable of anything lol.

You Elder(snob) jedi got to truly enjoy being a jedi, when it really meant something. NGE Jedi should have a way to earn something comperable to the robe if not the robe itself. Even if it means being hunted from beginning to end of the quest arc. Waiting for phases. only unlocking one robe quest per server reset.

You ever think about why elder jedi like myself are so protective of that silly little robe??? There are two main reasons. First is...it's all we have left from a time past...the glory days of SWG [pre-cu]. Second reason is, it distinguishes the elder jedi from the nge jedi. I didn't go to the profession selection screen and hit "OMGZ jEd1!!!111!00." I put the time in and earned it.

Keep in mind I can't stand the number of jedi running around. But you have to be fair to them. They pay the same amount you do per month.

Why do we have to be fair to them? Was it fair to anyone who played SWG before April 20, 2005 [approx date] when SOE gave us the CU? Was it fair to anyone who played the game when SOE dumped the "New Game Enhancements" on us with no warning??? Just don't forget it was SOE/LA that put us in this whole mess. If they had just left it alone......heh.

That's pretty close.

The Arrogance astounds me sometimes. Its this Elder(snob) jedi attitude that has convinced me to despise jedi.

Things aren't always equal in anything you do. One box away is still one box away. Timing is everything in life.

Yeah and the elder jedi's time is past.

Now I would agree with this, those who were there deserve something [nge jedi just don't deserve the arbiter robe]. Now what about non-jedi? What will their reward be? Will this even happen? Probably not...it's almost been 2 years. But as history has shown, SOE is capable of anything lol.

Honestly I agree. They need to be given some more for enduring that turbulent time. ALL the classes.

You ever think about why elder jedi like myself are so protective of that silly little robe??? There are two main reasons. First is...it's all we have left from a time past...the glory days of SWG [pre-cu]. Second reason is, it distinguishes the elder jedi from the nge jedi. I didn't go to the profession selection screen and hit "OMGZ jEd1!!!111!00." I put the time in and earned it.

You sold your sunrider's didn't you.... There are the badges, the nifty cool elder title. The village rewards(of which the sunrider's was one of). Is the ebayer so much more worthy of the "silly robe" than the person who chose jedi at the profession select screen. Some of those nge jedi are more mature than the ones who have the elder title. Don't turn it into some maturity contest. Honestly since the game came out they gave so much to jedi it is sickening.

Why do we have to be fair to them? Was it fair to anyone who played SWG before April 20, 2005 [approx date] when SOE gave us the CU? Was it fair to anyone who played the game when SOE dumped the "New Game Enhancements" on us with no warning??? Just don't forget it was SOE/LA that put us in this whole mess. If they had just left it alone......heh.

I agree it was SOE's mess so quit taking it out on people who didn't know about SWG before the NGE hit.

The Arrogance astounds me sometimes. Its this Elder(snob) jedi attitude that has convinced me to despise jedi.

You have me confused, if you despise jedi as you say you do and you can't stand all the jedi "running around" then why do you care at all about this? Why the fuss? It's not like anything you or I say/think will change anything at all. We just have our opinions....SOE doesn't care and has shown in the past they don't care about what we think. They will do what they think is the "right" thing. Oh and btw - I'm really not that arrogant. I'm just stubborn on this issue. lol :)

Yeah and the elder jedi's time is past.

As i just said, that is your opinion and ultimately SOE doesn't care one way or another. I happen to disagree of course.

You sold your sunrider's didn't you.... There are the badges, the nifty cool elder title. The village rewards(of which the sunrider's was one of).

Nah, I've got like 4 sunrider's. One in my saber and 3 in my house. Along with all the other village quest rewards - the Aurillian banner, statues etc. I could care less about badges...titles...meh. The robe is the best part for me and other elder jedi.

Is the ebayer so much more worthy of the "silly robe" than the person who chose jedi at the profession select screen.

Don't know, don't care. I don't do ebay. I think it's pretty dumb for someone to buy an account just for a robe, but whatever, it's not my money. My account has been mine since beta 3 of swg [when i first started playing]...I have never sold it and don't plan to ever sell it.

Some of those nge jedi are more mature than the ones who have the elder title. Don't turn it into some maturity contest.

Obviously this is true. However, that was not my point and i was in no way trying to turn it into a "maturity contest." I was simply stating that when I first chose a profession, I chose marksmen and not jedi.

Honestly since the game came out they gave so much to jedi it is sickening.

Jedi = $$$$$ Don't fault me or any other elder jedi for SOE/LA's choices.

I agree it was SOE's mess so quit taking it out on people who didn't know about SWG before the NGE hit.

I don't believe I'm taking anything out on anyone. I haven't pissed in your cereal or anything. We simply disagree on this issue. Agree to disagree I say.

You have me confused, if you despise jedi as you say you do and you can't stand all the jedi "running around" then why do you care at all about this? Why the fuss? It's not like anything you or I say/think will change anything at all. We just have our opinions....SOE doesn't care and has shown in the past they don't care about what we think. They will do what they think is the "right" thing. Oh and btw - I'm really not that arrogant. I'm just stubborn on this issue. lol

If it was my decision to make, I would make a new server, and allow only 1% of the population to be jedi. Of course if it was my decision to make, I wouldn't have implimented the NGE, or even the CU(though I admit there are SOME good things that came from it, not much, but some).

As i just said, that is your opinion and ultimately SOE doesn't care one way or another. I happen to disagree of course.

true, we aren't even on the SOE boards, so it isn't like they are ever going to hear these arguments. It's time to move forward, and let the newbies grow.

Jedi = $$$$$ Don't fault me or any other elder jedi for SOE/LA's choices.

The same arguments you use are the same arguments we heard as to why smuggling revamps got pushed further and further. So by using this logic, it should have been a good thing that SOE made jedi a starter prof? Isn't it strange how subscription numbers fell as they got more jedi? :lips1: (just messin with ya).

I've always played as a smuggler, when I started pistols and worked my way up. I miss feign death, slicing and spicing. Trust me when the emu gets going we'll probably be great friends and the conversations about the future of SOE's abomonation will be moot(if it is as good as the original pre-CU). If they add in real smuggling, then the only smugglers left on SOE's servers will be alts and newbs(though that ain't happening as far as I know). I hope sincerely that the emu project works. From what I have seen they are doing good work.

At any rate. the question about the ebay elders was because a number of people who are currently playing elders are not the original. They are wandering around in elder robes asking how to use the shuttles. The elder robe has already been tainted by those people. It just doesn't mean as much anymore.

never said i wanted them i am Bounty hunter all way or commando my friend wanted me to ask becasue he saw on one site that they were making a quest to get it and i agree only those that reached jedi before NGE should have the robe if they put it back in game for jedi in the game now the jedi before NGE deserves that alone i mean there is no wrong in being jedi as long as they don't put in the elder jedi robe for NGE jedi

The same arguments you use are the same arguments we heard as to why smuggling revamps got pushed further and further. So by using this logic, it should have been a good thing that SOE made jedi a starter prof? Isn't it strange how subscription numbers fell as they got more jedi? :lips1: (just messin with ya).

Heh, I was using a bit of sarcasm when I made that $$$ statement lol. Not even making jedi a starting profession can help the NGE. What they need to do is make the game fun again...that's the only thing that can help it.

I've always played as a smuggler, when I started pistols and worked my way up. I miss feign death, slicing and spicing. Trust me when the emu gets going we'll probably be great friends and the conversations about the future of SOE's abomonation will be moot(if it is as good as the original pre-CU). If they add in real smuggling, then the only smugglers left on SOE's servers will be alts and newbs(though that ain't happening as far as I know). I hope sincerely that the emu project works. From what I have seen they are doing good work.

Man, it's sad what they did to smugglers [and never did]....ooh but hey, at least you can "bc" people all day long! oooooohhhh aaaaaaaahhhh :D Yeah the emu is looking really good so far, I've got high hopes they can pull it off! I will definitely be there.

At any rate. the question about the ebay elders was because a number of people who are currently playing elders are not the original. They are wandering around in elder robes asking how to use the shuttles. The elder robe has already been tainted by those people. It just doesn't mean as much anymore.

Sad. Had no idea, I've only played a couple free trials since the NGE came out.

Archived