Home

SWBF 3 Squad Commands Poll

darkjedimonkey

Which New Command Would You Like Best?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Which New Command Would You Like Best?

• Attack Nearest Enemy
    • Attack Vehicle
    • Attack Command Post
    • Follow Me with 6 or more guys following you
    • Hold Positions with a wider range
    • Cover Me with 5 or more AI dudes
    • Covering Sniper Fire with very wide range
    • Throw Grenades without stupid AI running towards them
    • Fall Back
    • Fall Back to Last Command Post

I'd like to see a ranking system like Battlefield 2's incorporated into the game. Meaning that you can only issue squad commands if you're a sergeant, and then you can issue more commands the higher your rank and then when you're a commander you can issue a limited number of orbital bombardment.

While I agree with you trip to the hammer time, BF3 needs to have at least a few commands. Imagine if you were sent to war with only the ability to say follow me and dont follow me. You would probably die in the first firefight. While there shouldnt be things like "take out that specific enemy", they could at least have it like Battlefield games where you have things like ____ spotted, attack CP ______, need pickup, ect....

Yea, I see the point. I definitely used the squad commands in SWBF1 way more than SWBF2. When I started playing SWBF2 they became almost useless, so I guess I got used to gameplay without them.

I think cover fire from a sniper with a wide range is too much. However; cover fire from troopers might be something that could work well. I think 5 is too much though. Maybe all the AI within a certain radius of where you gave the command. It could be 1 or even 5 if it worked out that way. All the "Attack xxxx" commands could be the "Cover Fire" command, just lock on a particular target for whatever you want attacked. If you don't lock on a target, it becomes a general radius or... whoever has locked on you as their target, would be the target of the cover fire when the command was given.

• 3 months later...

Archived