Home

Please help me map BF to my joystick

LAPIII

I'm new to setting controls to my joystick. My joystick is a Saitek X52 and has a twisting rudder right at the stick which I will use as to move around, and the stick itself I will use to go in each direction. The throttle will be used as speed with vehicles and Starfighters.-Instead of using the joystick's software, I can use Battlefront's controls menu. I'm confused on the axis', how should I set them:

SWBInfantry.jpgSWBvehicle.jpgSWstarfighter.jpg

The parts that got cut off at the bottom of eac screenshot were, for infantry, Look Up and Look Down, and the other two profiles, Throttle Up and Throttle Down. If you'd like for me to clarify something then please ask!

• 3 weeks later...

I'd stay off the axis'. The only ones you should be using are X and Y if you choose to configure it that way. Stay off configuring them as axis controls too. Meaning... there's two settings for the same thing.. a left/right axis control.. and button settings for right and left. Instead of configuring the left/right axis to the X axis. Configure left and right button options seperately moving the X axis right for the movement right configuration and same with the left. Leaving the left/right axis option blank. Repeat for up/down (Y axis).

You can configure other axis' for the game if you have them. But I recommend using the buttons for forward/back and strafe right/left rather than axis controls. Shoulder buttons (L1, L2 and R1, R2) are good for these. You should be using one axis for movement so you don't have to worry about controling two joystick knobs. Because if you are using two knobs, it makes it harder to use weapons, jump and generally "playing" at a speed that can be called "playing" the game. I'm unsure how the Saitek is set up. If memory serves.. I think theres a hat control too. You can use each direction of any hat (or axis) control as a button. Say "left hat" is reload.. "right hat is crouch"... and so on.

Hope this helps...

• 1 year later...

Archived