Home

Chitin.key problem

Master Zionosis

Hey everyone, I've had this problem ever since I started modding, I get an error with my KotOR II chitin.key when opening the KotOR Tool:

Chitinkeyproblem.jpg

Well it is a non US version, but my K1 chitin.key is a non US version and I don't have any problems with that, so the only other explanation is that it is corrupt, if that is that case then my original KotOR II chitin.key on my install disc must be corrupt. :confused:

Anyway, it's beginning to get on my nerves if anyone has a solution please let me know :)

Hey everyone, I've had this problem ever since I started modding, I get an error with my KotOR II chitin.key when opening the KotOR Tool:

Anyway, it's beginning to get on my nerves if anyone has a solution please let me know :)

The only solutions I know of would be to either import an American copy of the game, stop using KotorTool, or hope that Fred Tetra removes the error message. :)

You get that error if you have a K2:TSL installed that is not the American version. I get it every time I start the application using my EU/UK English version, but have never had any problems extracting anything with KotorTool. The chitin.key file is not corrupt, it just doesn't look like KotorTool expects it to for some reason.

The reason the K1 chitin.key works while the K2 one doesn't is as I recall because Fred didn't have enough copies of the foreign chitin.key files to not have the error that you see.

@Mindtwistah the differences are more involved in the fact that distributiuns in the US are usually handled by a US manufacturer vs international releases which are manufactured overseas. Also games in the US require different filters from international releases.

Archived