Home

Sith evil?

Dessel001

From anikin "In my point of veiw the jedi are evil" (this may not be exsact) its all a point of veiw.

In Anakin's point of view wife beating and child killing is okay.

Palpantin said that the galaxy would finaly have peace now in episode 3...that honestly doesn't sound like an evil motive to me.

The Galaxy had peace during the 1000 years prior to the Republic.It wasn't until Palps started causing trouble that war started to breakout.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Galaxy had peace during the 1000 years prior to the Republic.It wasn't until Palps started causing trouble that war started to breakout.

the republic has become decadent, they didn´t even care about the attack of naboo

the sith are honest about their motives

the jedi aren´t even honest to other jedi (think of kenobis lies about vader), they don´t trust themselves cause they think they could fell to the dark side (windu never trusted anakin, the council never trusted qui-gon), they only manipulate everyone to make them taking their point of view (think of revan), the one who resists their manipulations is considered as evil or at least not trustable

if i could choose i would prefer to get killed by a sith cause i would know why i die and who kills me

killed by a jedi would mean that he tells you a story (from his point of view) and you get killed by some guy that you never met or heard before, you wouldnt know why you died and who he really is, neither you will discover the real truth about him

that is really evil: manipulating people to do what you want but never tell them the truth and no care about if they die or survive

It is from point of view, and perspective. Both Jedi and Sith have their faults and weaknesses. In my point of view the Sith are evil because they all crave power and importance ( all in different forms) and are bascially bloodthirsty animals.

Hunger for power at the expense of everything else is self-centred. These are people that might have initially been deceived and stuff, but ended up doing murders for their cause, giving up their benevolence to corruption in exchange for power and attacking the established societal order, in this case, the Republic, to achieve their goals.

That's a murderer, a terrorist and an oppressor all wrapped into one neat little package. They're also willing to even kill their companions, their leaders, to obtain a higher rank in power. Does that sound like greed and selfishness to you? I should be hearing a resounding yes.

Also, how many Sith do you know of that haven't thrown lightning or the like at whoever is in their path, overwhelming themselves with joy at their perverted use of the Force? And since the Force is an all-round, semi-conscious life-force, doing that is pretty much like gouging eyes from a puppy and being happy about it. I'd call that pretty darn evil, wouldn't you?

Not to mention the morals and ethics of the real world have nothing to do with Star Wars. There's good {LS}, then there's evil {DS} and it's as simple as that. Though KotOR and in particular, TSL, has certainly put an interesting spin on Star Wars ethics and morals, and that, has a lot to do with why I'm a pretty big fan of the games.

So, it is all black and white for some of you.

You take no joy in killing a mosquito on your arm? There is the possibility of calling yourself evil. Not getting into the political aspects, but merely placing this as an example(meaning I am not arguing this either way). Would you say killing a man who kills children to prevent him from killing more is an evil act? How about killing the children themselves. From the pro life movement there is a defined good and evil act. From the pro-choice movement the opposite is the case(though phrased differently, I used it in the pro life context merely for example). In Sharia law it is expected that a woman who is raped be killed, but not necessarily the man who raped her. Perspective makes all the difference in the definition of good and evil.

Of course in the context of what George Lucas finds good and evil it is obvious that he calls the Sith the evil side(namely because he has said as much). But the whole concept of good and evil themselves are based largely on your perspective.

One thing I wished Anakin had said to Obiwan:

"You are either with me, or you are my enemy"

"Only the Sith deal in absolutes"

"Isn't only an absolute?"

Evil from a certain point of view. To the Jedi they are monsters. I have to say that I don't view them as evil, only as opportunistic and ambitious, that drives them to do whatever necessary to complete their objective.

Is killing innocents on a daily basis considered good?? They may, I repeat MAY, on occasion be " opportunistic and ambitious" , but it is still not right! Let me ask you a question, say you are walking down the aisle in the grocery store, and you go to check out there is a long line, would you, in cold blood, kill everyone ahead of you because you have a date or something in 30 minutes. NOPE! I know that this isn't considered "star wars" but it was an analogy on daily life. Just trying to debate on the subject, no hard feelings. Right??

It's not so much that the Sith aren't evil as the Jedi aren't all that good. Jedi are real peacemakers, huh? Yeaaah. That explains why Luke Skywalker was a major leader of an illegal coup d'etat, the Jedi were always at the front lines in the Clone Wars, (Some peacemakers, huh? Elegos A'kla tried harder than them.)

Face it, about 2/3 of Jedi appearances result in somebody getting lightsabered. They're no better than the Sith. Hell, most of the Sith are Jedi. Why? Not because they started abusing their power - they've been doing that from the start. Because they weren't subtle enough about it.

It is from point of view, and perspective. Both Jedi and Sith have their faults and weaknesses. In my point of view the Sith are evil because they all crave power and importance ( all in different forms) and are bascially bloodthirsty animals.

Is that not what I said??? They were on the front lines to try to end the war, most of the time they were fighting droids, I don't think that that is "exactly" killing something or someone. :)

And where is the place for Jedi's 'Don't strike in anger!' line? Bounty hunters may see theirs job as a fun but still they don't kill anyone they see becouse it's fun.

Of course you shouldn't strike in anger! Anger=evil=DS! You should strike for the Natural State of the Force, for justice, and for fun!

Funny I don't remember the Jedi destroying a planet (Telos,Alderaan,Taris)....

Funny, I do (Ziost).

Let me make one thing clear: The only people who have said that the Sith aren't really evil are Sith themselves. Doesn't make them a good source. A better view would be Jolee's. His position as rejecting the Jedi but not siding with the Sith make him unbiased in his views toward both. While he rejects the Jedi, he acknowledges that they are a force of good, if too good. For the Sith, he calls them what they are: evil.

That story sounds like an excuse. To quote Bastila: "How good must you be at making excuses until you stop making them at all?" Reason does not justify death and destruction when it did not need to happen.

About the nature of evil with the Force: As others have said, the "light side" is never named in the movies (Luke once did say "the good side"). Jedi don't serve the Force, it helps them. To quote Yoda, from TESB: "My ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is". Whereas the Dark Side truly does put you in bondage. Vader felt trapped in servitude to his master, and believed it was useless for Luke to resist to the Dark Side, saying he didn't know its power. This suggests that the Dark Side actively subdues its users.

So, contrary to the statements of KOTOR, the Sith are the real slaves, and the Jedi are truly free.

^ That line of logic doesn't work perfectly. In the Clone Wars, true, Jedi led the republic's Clone army. But in the time of KOTOR, the Republic had its own military leaders- Forn Dodonna and Carth, for example. In the attack on the Star Forge, if you play as dark side, Master Vandar will recommend that the Republic fleet retreat. However, Admiral Dodonna does not take the recommendation. And obviously she's in charge, because they don't try to retreat until it is too late.

Archived