Home

Get your 'Pooh' bear souvenirs here!

Commander Obi-Wan

Staff at a Panda breeding facility in Sichuan province, China, have come up with a rather novel way of ridding themselves of the tonne-a-day waste that their bears produce.

Rather than just dumping the stuff, the workers are turning the bear poo into trinkets and models, fashioning the stinky material into anything from picture frames to Olympic logos. The talented lot are even making miniature pandas out of the stuff.

The stinky gifts are then sold on to tourists visiting Chengdu panda sanctuary. 'We used to spend at least £400 a month to get rid of the droppings but now they can prove lucrative as half of them will be sold as souvenirs,' said Jing Shimin from the centre.

Image of the 'Pooh' Bear.

Source.

I find it rather amusing. :p Though, I can't say it'd want one.

Must be a ****ty job forming the bears by hand. I could hardly bear the job myself; I don't know how the Chinese could ever handle it. Especially for the crappy pay, but then again, considering the poverty level over there, I guess even the most meager of wages is like honey to them. But man, to have that kind of life sure would stink.

Must be a ****ty job forming the bears by hand. I could hardly bear the job myself; I don't know how the Chinese could ever handle it. Especially for the crappy pay, but then again, considering the poverty level over there, I guess even the most meager of wages is like honey to them. But man, to have that kind of life sure would stink.

I almost hung myself after reading this ;_;

That was amazing.

Archived