Home

Anyone remember those old Nickelodeon Game Shows?

Lightsaberboy

I was watching Nick GAS today and they were showing all these old game shows from the 90's, and boy did it take me back. Legends of Hidden Temple, Nick Arcade, Figure it Out, Guts, each one was unique and highly entertaining.

Legends of the Hidden Temple: an interesting game show that taught kids history and put them in physical challenge-style games. I always wanted to go in the temple, and sometimes i'd laugh at the kids' attempts at the rooms. I always wondered why no one ever fought back against the temple guards.

Nick Arcade: Since I loved video games, I naturally loved this show. looking back, it must've been hard playing the final challenge since the player was on a bluescreen and had to keep looking at the monitors to see what to react against.

Figure it out: The show that let kids showcase their unique talents. Sometimes i thought the talents were really stupid or too obscure, but it was still fun to watch the nick cast members interact with each other, plus Summer Sanders was hot!

Guts: Boy, this show put kids in really tough physical challenges and took them to their limits. I always wanted to climb that mountain at the end cause it looked really fun.

So did anyone else ever watch these or other old nick game shows?

Oh yea! I always wanted a piece of the Aggrocrag. (I have NO clue how to spell it...if thats correct, its pure accident. heh)

I watched Guts at a friends house the other day. We were flipping through the channels and all of a sudden I was like "Whoa! GO BACK!" I had forgotten about the hot referee woman with the sexy British accent though. Even back when I was a kid, I knew she was hot! heh

Then Double Dare came on, but it was after Mark Summers, so we didn't watch it. Its just not the same. Mark Summers is made of WIN!

I remember all those shows, though. I was a Nick fiend back in the day.

Remember Wild And Crazy Kids? They had a Omar Godding Jr. on that. Or as I like to call him "Cuba Godding Lite." They also had a pretty cute girl on that show, too. I can't remember her name though...

oh yeah Double Dare was awesome. I didn't realize it till years later but he was the same host for Food channel's unwrapped.

also I just heard that they're gonna get rid of the channel in 2008 to make room for the N or something, which sucks but ah well. :(

and i found this on youtube from LOTHT. it makes me laugh so hard:

worst attempt at the Shrine of the Silver Monkey

Hell yeah, I remember! They used to show this when Nickelodeon first came here some 5-6 uyears ago. I remely 4 GAS shows being there, though - Double Dare, LOTHT, Rocket Power and Figure it Out. Man, were they fun to watch. :)

I loved all of them equally, methinks. Sadly, they renamed it to Nick some 2-3 years later and exterminated Nicktoons and GAS eventually, to make room for goddamned crazy shows like Ninja Hattori and such. :(

@ the video: ROFL! WTF is his problem? Low IQ? :xp:

I especially love how Kirk's like "Everyone knows how to put the monkey on!"

I remember one time on the steps of knowledge, Omec asked a question "Which of these men was a friend of Wild Bill and later fought a battle at Little Bighorn - General Grant, General Custer, or Colonel Sanders?"

Male Silver Snake: "Colonel Sanders."

Olmec: "Incorrect"

I think even Kirk was a bit surprised by that response.

Nickelodeon used to kick loads of ass. Now all it is is nicktoons and crappy shows like Drake and Josh -_-

Seriously though. All of the shows previously mentioned, plus shows like Rocko's Modern Life, Aaaaaah Real Monsters!, Clarissa Explains It All (yes, I watched it), Salute Your Shorts, Pete and Pete, and of course, the old episodes of All That. In fact, the last good non nicktoon they had was Kenan And Kel.

Nickelodeon used to kick loads of ass. Now all it is is nicktoons and crappy shows like Drake and Josh -_-

Seriously though. All of the shows previously mentioned, plus shows like Rocko's Modern Life, Aaaaaah Real Monsters!, Clarissa Explains It All (yes, I watched it), Salute Your Shorts, Pete and Pete, and of course, the old episodes of All That. In fact, the last good non nicktoon they had was Kenan And Kel.

*bows*

Kenan and Kel was an awesome, awesome show. I do watch Drake and Josh, though. It's fun at times, but incessantly amateurish. And yeah, the old All That was great, too. That was until all their jokes became ****ed up slapstick.

Ah, and I remember Rocko - that was one hell of a surreal-esque cartoon! Man, there were so many good shows then. I went by Nick right now and saw: Ninja Hattori (lots of it), some Japanese show about a monkey and a dog, Perman, Batfink, Shaun the Sheep, Uncle Max and Backkom. The only good show they've kept is Spongebob. :(

check out these kids' temple run at the end of the vid. That boy moves fast!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...41323258460906

I also found this vid from Guts. Apparently this guy didn't do that well when he was on the show, so 15 years later he makes a video explaining why he lost with scene-by-scene analysis of the game. Not sure why, but I guess he needed to get it off his chest after all these years.

Looking back at Figure it Out, I realized that a lot of their prizes sucked. It's like they didn't want to throw away the set pieces of their old shows so they gave them away as prizes. I saw them give a speed bump from Guts to a girl. I saw the look on her face and she was like "....."

but the show was still funny and that's why I liked it. and summer sanders.

Legend of the Hidden Temple was awesome. So was that show about those kids at summer camp and the kinky hijinks that ensue.

Rocko's Modern Life and Ren and Stimpy both hold a special place within my heart, too. It's log, log, it's big, it's heavy, it's wood...

I also found this vid from Guts. Apparently this guy didn't do that well when he was on the show, so 15 years later he makes a video explaining why he lost with scene-by-scene analysis of the game. Not sure why, but I guess he needed to get it off his chest after all these years.

Well, I don't watch soccer, but it says hes a player for the DC United Soccer team. With the team logo appearing a few times in the video, I'd guess it was made for the teams official web site.

Someone in the organization probably found out he was on Guts as a kid and thought it would make a good video for fans of the team.

So was that show about those kids at summer camp and the kinky hijinks that ensue.

Salute Your Shorts. That show was the effin best when I was growing up.

And Ren And Stimpy was my first taste of madness as a child :p

What rolls down stairs alone or in pairs

Rolls over your neighbor's dog?

What's great for a snack and fits on your back?

It's Log, Log, Log!

It's Log, Log, It's big, It's heavy, it's wood!

It's Log, Log, it's better than bad, it's good!

Everyone wants a Log! You're gonna love it, Log!

Come on and get your Log! Everyone needs a Log!

I always hated the Nickelodeon shows :p

Cartoon Network for the win!.

Can't the two exist in peace and harmony? :xp:

I'll admit that Cartoon Network was on top for me before Nickelodeon came out. I remember watching CN all day, and their cartoons were just that good. But like Nick, their shows started disappearing one by one. Today you'll see animation that'll make Walt Disney vomit and plotlines so goddamned clicheed. :(

The only thing CN has right now is Fosters Home For Imaginary Friends.

However, back in the day, I used to also love CN. 2 Stupid Dogs, Dexters Lab, Samurai Jack, back when they actually showed old bugs bunny cartoons. A Pup Named Scooby Doo, of course the original Scooby Doo, Cow And Chicken, so much good crap. They also got me into animu. I still remember coming home from school one day in fifth grade, and seeing the first episode of DBZ. And I was freakin hooked. In fact, toonami used to own. DBZ, Sailor Moon, Reboot, Outlaw Star, and of course, one of my all time favorite shows of all time, Gundam Wing.

No, the only good thing CN has now is Adult Swim.

But they had a lot of good cartoon shows too from when I was a child. Cow and Chicken, Dexter's Lab, I Am Weasel, ect.

Where do all the good cartoons these day go? The only ones that are funny are too vulgar for kids...

Archived