Home

Should I give away credits in KOTOR?

LAPIII

Well, I give away credits. Depends if you have enough. Nobody really seems to ask for over 200 credits. Like on Nar Shadaar, some guy comes up and asks you for 5 credits. 5! I mean, if I run out, I just sell all the stuff I don't want. It's up to you.

Giving away credits won't cause much problems. At the end of the game, just before I go to the Unknown Planet, I sell everything I don't need to the Rodian on Yavin Station. When LS, I have about 80,000 credits. Of course, I do buy (one of) the special crystals afterwards, so I have a lot less money, then. :)

You don't really have to give away your credits, just if want lightside mastery soon. Otherwise, it would be better if you did good acts that don't involve money. But, as Miltiades said, you won't miss those credits much, just bear on mind that you won't be able to buy every armor, weapon and gear from the game, an you wouldn't even if you didn't wasted it. Besides, there's always pazaak.

possible

There aren't that many times you are called to give away credits anyhow. IIRC, there's Largo (200, but 150 if you take the first 50 he offers you), the old man down by the clinic is 100 (but the dead mercs will have at least that much on their bodies), Sharina on Tatoine can be given an extra 200, Dia's bounty removal may cost 200 if you can't convince Holden to drop the bounty (though Bastila may come in handy by persuading him to drop it), the beggars in the lower city can be given from 5-20 (don't recall if you get any points here, though). If you help Matrik, it'll cost you about 50 up front, but you'll still collect his bounty. You can lend Queedle on Manaan 500, but he'll pay you back. It will cost you 200-400 creds to help the sandpeople if you don't decide to just kill them all instead (they've got enough loot for several thousand creds sitting around in their containers, not to mention the Czerka bounty on their gaffis). So, yeah, give away the creds when you can if you want the extra points, it shouldn't hurt to much.

. If you're really worried about it though, just add a few strategic mods into your folder (RH's goodies) and you'll feel like Bill Gates..... you won't be able to give enough away to even notice the creds are gone. ;)

And you can always use your characters on the Ebon Hawk to make goodies. Just tell them to make goodies such as Health Packs, stims, etc. until they refuse to make anything more for you. Then go back to the store, sell all the packs, and then return back to the Ebon Hawk and tell them to make more stuff for you.

Repeat until you are rich. Or just cheat.

Even w/o cheating, once you get to Dantoine, you can use your NPCs in one go to pretty much wipe out anything you donated during the entire game. They usually provide you up to 10-11 at a time (130+ for stims, 150+/- for meds, 600+ for sec spikes, 600+ for com spikes and 300-500+ for grenades)*. Repeat this (when possible) and the creds add up.

*not per item, but as total for 11 of that item. You can probably generate ~1400cr+ (>2x that on Yavin) anytime you use them this way. Tedious, but convenient. :)

If you're gonna cheat.....just type in givecredits # and problem solved (guessing you probably know that already, though). Or use KSE and punch in the # there. Afterall......it's only a game.

It's not really a problem. You can decline all rewards and give money to every beggar who asks for it and it'll hardly make a dent since you can make obscene amounts of money selling loot.

this is especially true if you use RedHawke's booster packs. The merchant outside your hideout will sell you an item and buy it back at a ridiculous loss (10X what you paid him). Do that a few times and charity isn't even an issue.

• 1 month later...

Another thing to note is the fact that if your light Force meter is already at max (the white Republic insignia should then appear) then you cannot gain any more light points. (Believe me, I've tried.) There are very few people in-game that will ask for a loan and give you nothing, not even Force alighnment points of any kind, three that I know of, and they are farely obvious.

-Bearer of the Krijina.

Archived