Home

LEAVING TARIS IN EBON HAWK - hard to shoot enemy fighters

johnstreet65

I played X-Wing in '93 to completion so I'm aware of the need to do a scene up to 20 times.

Big complaint when fail to leave Taris in Ebon Hawk you have to watch heaps of recorded scenes before re-playing the escape.

Luck is a big factor in shooting the enemy fighters from only defense gun turret - you can't rely on radar because it doesn't show distance and direct visual in badly limited....

I've attempted escape 20 times now :blast5:

It isn't really that hard to shoot them down, I can get passed that on the first try, you first of all have to shoot anything that moves and ask the questions later.

Of course, everything that moves is Sith anyway. It's a pain, but keep track of the red dots and move FAST.

Thanks for the input peoples.... I got it not 10 minutes after posting. All the suggestions here are ones I implemented except for Aratoelda's idea of 800x600 - good idea.

I was going to suggest to shoot at the very very start where you can get 2, but Azzameen's added suggestion of 'to the left' is useful.

I got them all with brightness up, using the keyboard to move and mainly tracking them visually rather than on the radar. Just like in X-Wing you have to shoot ahead of them .... x-wing ended after 30+ hours in a trench fly to blow up the death star... good fun game on a 386DX-40 with Windows 3.11.

again > Thanks for your input. Chow for now :thmbup1:

• 2 weeks later...

I've never had trouble with the turret game, I usually just use the radar and shoot ahead of them. After playing KOTOR enough you soon realise that the fighters run the same patterns over and over again and it just gets easier. just I've seen some of my friends struggle at it before though. I didn't even know you could die at the turret game until watching a friend of mine do it.

My only tip would be to shoot ahead of them, and maybe turn up the brightness if you have problems seeing them.

There was one playthrough where we had a glitch and the fighters kept respawning. Reloading from an earlier save solved the problem. There is also a Kitty kitty's 'no fighters/turrets' mod and Darth333's EZ turret mod. Kitty's mod will not remove the turret sequences right after Taris and the Leviathan--just a heads up.

Since johnstreet65 has successfully made it through the turret game, I'm closing the thread.

Archived