Home

I think it's a joke, but this site is selling GF2

ZaXeriaw

What the hell.. maybe its a multipack or something?

if you go to the news bit of grim 2 you'll find this paragraph:

Lucas Arts plant nach eigenen Angaben bereits Fortsetzungen zu Flucht von Monkey Island und Grim Fandango. "Es gibt sowohl für Monkey Island als auch für Grim Fandango noch Geschichten, die erzählt werden sollten", so Lucas Arts-Pressesprecher Tom Sarris in einem Interview mit der Website Computerandvideogames.com.

...which is basically saying that Tom Sarris (press spokeperson for Lucas Art) said that "there are stories about Grim Fandango that need to be told", therefore indicating the interest of LA in producing a sequel..

unfortunately that interview is dated 2002, so maybe they decided to drop the project? who knows..

Yeah, that's some ancient speculation that I'm pretty sure we covered right here on the Grim Fandango Network, back when the community was huge and thriving with activity. :(

Unfortunately I'd say any considerations of a sequel were dropped by LucasArts years ago, and since pretty much none of the team who made Grim Fandango what it was even work at LucasArts anymore there'd be little point.

it seriously is a shame. You know what we'd need? A friggin philanthropist who loved the game as much as us and would be willing to hire and pay a bunch of writers/designers/programmers/businessmen to create and distribute a sequel! Is that asking too much? ;)

Uuh, my german isn't that good :p

if you go to the news bit of grim 2 you'll find this paragraph:

Lucas Arts plant nach eigenen Angaben bereits Fortsetzungen zu Flucht von Monkey Island und Grim Fandango. "Es gibt sowohl für Monkey Island als auch für Grim Fandango noch Geschichten, die erzählt werden sollten", so Lucas Arts-Pressesprecher Tom Sarris in einem Interview mit der Website Computerandvideogames.com.

...which is basically saying that Tom Sarris (press spokeperson for Lucas Art) said that "there are stories about Grim Fandango that need to be told", therefore indicating the interest of LA in producing a sequel..

unfortunately that interview is dated 2002, so maybe they decided to drop the project? who knows..

You know what we'd need? A friggin philanthropist who loved the game as much as us and would be willing to hire and pay a bunch of writers/designers/programmers/businessmen to create and distribute a sequel! Is that asking too much? ;)

yes, yes it is :( how many massively rich people do you know who ARENT focused on getting massively richer?

yes, yes it is :( how many massively rich people do you know who ARENT focused on getting massively richer?

You'd have to buy all the rights for the Grim Fandango logo, names, storyline, graphics etc. first. It's not just about the money. (Or good luck violating trademarks/copyrights without getting caught, hahahaha.)

I'd personally invest in it if I had that much money. I'm pretty convinced it's going to sell too without having to be "dumbed-down". Sure, a 1st person shooter or something else might sell better, but screw getting rich just for the sake of it. That money will be completely worthless when you're dead. I'd make a movie too.

it seriously is a shame. You know what we'd need? A friggin philanthropist who loved the game as much as us and would be willing to hire and pay a bunch of writers/designers/programmers/businessmen to create and distribute a sequel! Is that asking too much? ;)

sorry, but when I have massive amounts of money the first game I'm going to make a sequal for is homeworld. First I'm buyin the rights from Sierra and Vivendi, then buying Relic from THQ Inc., then having them either heavily modify the story of HW2 or make a sequal with a much better story line.

After that and world hunger, I'll consider getting the rights to make GF2.

Archived