Home

On Taris, of KOTOR 1, I accidentally challenged...

LAPIII

If you are taking about Bendak Starkiller, if you fight Bendak in the death match you will get Darkside Points. You also get 700xp points for killing him besides the credit for winning the fight and the can collect the bounty in the Lower City Cantina. You can also get his blaster if you sweet talk the Hutt running the fight.

It is up to you, but the rewards make my lightside PC always take the DS points hit. After all you are not officially a Jedi and you need the credits.

that retired guy in the upper city cantina. Unfortunately for me, I try and stay on the light side and this death match will give dark side points. What can I do?

You'll get more than enough opportunities to earn Lightside points in the game to still reach Lightside Mastery pretty quick even if you get a darkside adjustment or two.

This is a place where it might actually be worth it even for an aspiring halo wearer to take the DS hit, given how great and useful the rewards for doing it is. And it's not a horribly evil act anyway, he's willingly agreed to the fight. It's not like you're killing babies in their sleep or anything. :)

...Or you can defect to the almighty weilders of uber-awesomeness (DS, baby)!

:p

Alright, I give... I'm a lighty... anyway...

I usually feel the same way, not wanting to kill Bendak and all...

I fight anyway 'cause the rewards are much better than a couple LS points I can just win back...

To make my gamer conscience as clean as possible... I usually make my character say, "Maybe it is wrong to take a life for just credits,"

Then Ajuur (sp?) tries to convince me that he's a bad dude who needs to die and I'm like, "Yeah, you're right... Let's DO THIS!!!"

so yup... that's just me though... then again... I completely re-skin all the defensive Force Powers in the game so that they're not blue... cause I'm virtually blueophobic. And I up the stats on the HoG crystal so that I don't have to resort to using the MoF crystal for power purposes...

But you probably shouldn't listen to me since I'm obsessive compulsive like that and all... so just get the Bendak Bounty Rework mod that Arátoeldar posted a link for up there...... [/long@$$rant]

Well, taking that DS hit is the only way to finish that quest. I would gladly take it. I bit of DS hits and you get a bunch of xp, credits, and I think equipment.

Its like playing LS and deliberately pissing of the Tuskens after finishing all related quests and listening to the story... The good stuff way offsets the bad ones.

• 5 weeks later...

You can also get TWO Bendak Blasters instead of one if you talk to Bendak immediately after killing Twitch without talking to Ajuur the hutt first. After you talk to him and challenge him to the death match THEN talk to Ajuur and set it up and then leave the cantina and come back and talk to him again and the death match is on. Then just beat Bendak (use grenades mostly to end the fight quickly) and then talk to Ajuur to get your reward and then talk to him a second time to get another blaster. I know its a glitch in the game but its worth it. Later you get upgrades to enhance both guns.

• 8 months later...

You can also get TWO Bendak Blasters instead of one if you talk to Bendak immediately after killing Twitch without talking to Ajuur the hutt first. After you talk to him and challenge him to the death match THEN talk to Ajuur and set it up and then leave the cantina and come back and talk to him again and the death match is on. Then just beat Bendak (use grenades mostly to end the fight quickly) and then talk to Ajuur to get your reward and then talk to him a second time to get another blaster. I know its a glitch in the game but its worth it. Later you get upgrades to enhance both guns.

Oooo, cheesy stuff! I might try it next time. :D

• 1 month later...

You think that's bad? I can't even remember killing Bendak! Maybe only once I can remember finally killing him, but you're damn lucky defeating all those duelists!

The Dark Side story is better anyway because you get more XP. Plus his pistol goes well with the Zabrak Mark III blaster you recover from that corpse in the Kaskyyyk Shadowlands. Another good combination is Bendak's Blaster + that heavy blaster you can get in the Undercity for 750 credits

You think that's bad? I can't even remember killing Bendak! Maybe only once I can remember finally killing him, but you're damn lucky defeating all those duelists!

Use mostly grenades on Bendak ive found that best to defeat him quickly without any trouble. As far as the other duelists, dont go past Gerlon or Ice before you at least go to the Lower/Undercity and level up quite a bit and get some more gear because the rest are tough even when you are sufficiently leveled up. Good thing is you can do the duel ring up until you visit Davik's Estate so you have plenty of time to get ready for them.

The Dark Side story is better anyway because you get more XP. Plus his pistol goes well with the Zabrak Mark III blaster you recover from that corpse in the Kaskyyyk Shadowlands. Another good combination is Bendak's Blaster + that heavy blaster you can get in the Undercity for 750 credits

I tend to the like the darkside story better too. Later in the game (when I actually use blasters) I like to use the Bendak blasters plus the Zabrak Tystel III and that Arkanian blaster you get from the Undercity. Most other ones areint powerful enough to be worth it against the thougher adversaries.

I beat him without being hit even once last time which surprised the hell out of me. Grenades are probably your best bet once you know he throws them. While he was tossing his plasmas at me, I just ran, threw a thermal detonator, rinsed and repeated with a CryoBan, softened him up more with two plasmas while he was frozen, then ran up and sliced him once before he could swap out to a melee weapon (or does he even use one?)

It's a rather expensive way of killing him in terms of ordnance, but you get all that for free anyway. That, and, the satisfaction of killing Starkiller without a scratch (or melted flesh) is totally worth it if you ask me.

I took the initial post in this thread to mean that he didn't want to challenge Bendak and get the DS points. I didn't see anything about XP.

Thing is that the first post has already been answered, again, again and again. The following posts said that the real advantage on fighting him, even as a darksider, was the experience earned.

Thing is that the first post has already been answered, again, again and again. The following posts said that the real advantage on fighting him, even as a darksider, was the experience earned.

That's weird, because I haven't seen one reply to the initial post in this thread suggesting to walk away from the fight after challenging Bendak Starkiller. Which is what the initial poster was asking.

• 2 weeks later...

The duelists, at least after Gerlon, can all be kited around the arena keeping them permanently with melee weapon in hand while you run in a giant circle about the edge of the arena, pausing, and shooting once every round with a ranged weapon. Bendak can be killed at level 2 that way, though on the hardest difficulty setting it may take a few reloads because he can one shot you at that level if you get unlucky.

Archived