Home

The Hunt for the Lost Jedi

Empress Padme

Trina saw another Jedi enter the Council room. She smiled. "Hello." She turned back to the masters and bowed. The others bowed their heads to her as well.

One of the Jedi Masters spoke. "This is serious. If Revan sent a message through the Force to help him... then the Jedi must be there for his aid."

Trina nodded. "Master? I sense that Master Shan is ready. May I assist her, please?" Master Vandar nodded slowly and smiled. "Yes apprentice. You may go."

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Atton Rand had got a note from Bastila requesting his prescence.

" Hello Master Shan." he told her.

" Hello. I'm gonna get straight to the point. I want you to look into were the Exile could be. While you were out playing pazaak there was a council meeting going on." Bastila said.

" I take it she isn't with Revan." he guessed.

" She isn't and I want to know why. I was under the impression she left to help Revan.If she chose to go back into exile I would like confirmation on that and if she's in trouble I bet you would like to help her." Bastila said. It was well known that Atton had feelings for the Jedi Exile and that those feelings hadn't diminished over the years.

" Of course I would help her but would she allow my help is the real question." Atton replied.

" Go seek her out and find your answer." Bastila said.

Revan sliced through a couple of vines with his lightsaber, and he heard a sound. It was like wind crashing against a rock, except much more tangible. He tore through some briers, and he finally arrived at the source of the sound. A thrashing river of maroon, almost crimson water rushed across a narrow river valley that spread through a delta. Beyond that, Revan could not see.

He knelt down at the river's shore, tapping down into the liquid. It was cold and clear, almost like water, except it had no sediment. How strange. He cupped some of it in his hand and peered into the crystal-like water. Revan would dehydrate if he didn't have anything to drink, and Bastila wouldn't arrive before then. He sipped the liquid. It was tasteless, yet it satiated his thirst.

Right then, he wanted to speak to Bastila again. He had to. Bastila, who are you bringing with you here? Have you found out anything about the Exile?

Teran walked quickly to the Ebon Hawk, smiling to himself. The council had not decided to let a rogue Jedi-turned-bounty hunter assist this group that had gathered itself together, but no matter. If he could intercept communications and video from inside the Jedi Temple, he could find where the Hawk was sitting.

And, there it was, as he turned a corner. It looked as if it was prepping to leave, but the ramp was still down, and no one was in sight. Teran looked around, unhinged his lightsaber, and snuck aboard.

Matala walked out of the cargo hold, satisfied that their supplies were in order, when she saw Teran.

"They calling up more Jedi for this?" she asked, more to herself than the bounty hunter. "Guess Bastila is really wrapped up in finding Revan." The commando sniffed, looked down to one of the bunks and withdrew the vibrosword from it's sheath on her back. "Something stinks." Paying Teran no further mind she made her way to the garage so she could work on the blade at the workbench.

As Trina left the Council, she met up with Bastila again. "Master Shan, I did what you asked. I'm ready to go now."

She turned to look at Atton.

"Hello. My name's Trina Gormo." She bowed her head towards Atton. Suddenly, she felt a presence come in the shuttle, but it didn't matter... for now.

• 2 weeks later...

Bastila raced out of the ship and threw up in the nearest trash can.She then recieved Revan's message. She weakly responded." Revan , we are sending a team to find the Exile ... and you as well.I will be on the mission to find you. So much time we have lost that we can never get back...."

Revan felt a strange disturbance. What was that? Never mind. Communicating for this long will make us both weak. We both need all of our strength. I might not be very far out from the Outer Rim. I feel like I've been traveling in circles for the past few months... You should be able to find me in a few days if you go straight to my coordinates.

Bastila smiled at Trina." For now I'm okay.Revan mentioned that it would take a few days to get to him if we follow his coordinates.The sooner I...we find him the better we all will be.My mother recently died ,she was really sick but she lived many years longer than the doctors thought she would. Her illness I found out can be heriditary.How do you tell the person you love most that your on borrowed time? May the Force continue to help me slow down the progression of this wretched thing. You remind me of me when I was younger except your nice were I was icy. I feel comfortable telling you this. You are one of the few who know the truth now, though I know there has been rumors about my health for sometime."

Trina felt like crying. She never thought that anyone would call her nice. And the good thing was that Bastila trusted her.

But what really sunk Trina's heart the most was that Bastila was sick of something unknown to the young woman. Trina was always willing to help Bastila, no matter what.

"Let's get ya inside, master." She lead Bastila in the ship. "I promise you... I won't let anything happen to you. While I'm around." She gave Bastila a warm smile.

Bastila smiled back." I've been debating do I tell Revan exactly how ill I am through the Force or in person. If I say it through the Force I don't have to see his face become so sad. The again this Revan we are talking about. He probably already senses something's wrong with me. We are Force bonded after all and that hasn't seemed to dimish with time."

Trina thought about what Bastila said. Then she grinned.

"Maybe you should tell him in person. If you tell him through the Force, we'll become so sad, he won't know what to do. But don't worry. Everything's gonna be fine."

Trina noticed that they stopped on the ramp to talk. "Now... let's get inside, and find Revan."

• 2 weeks later...

Revan got the message. Their communication transcended words. It was almost as if their emotions were being channeled directly into each other's minds, and now, he could almost touch her.

When he received her thoughts, Revan was surprised. Did she still feel the same as she did so long ago? He had left the weight of the Republic on her shoulders. But he wanted to embrace it.

Bastila... was all that he could utter. But he meant so much more.

Tell me the bad news.

Trina offered to help fly the ship, because Bastila wasn't feeling well. When they reached space, Trina turned to her.

"Man. I feel so bad for her. Although she's a role model to me, I have to be loyal and take care of her. Gosh. I wonder if she's gonna be okay."

The thought of Bastila, the greatest Jedi Master of the Old Republic, was very ill. Trina promised to stay by her side, no matter what.

"Is there anything you'd like, Master Shan?" Trina asked, watching the view ahead as she flew the Jedi ship.

• 3 weeks later...

Trina turned to Bastila, and smiled. It was so great that Bastila had a daughter, and that Trina could watch over her. What a honor!

She nodded her head. "Anything for the Shan family, Master Shan. I'll do whatever I can to protect your daughter."

The young woman continued to fly the Jedi shuttle to the their destination. Where was Revan at anyway? Something like the Unknown Regions?

Well, whatever it was, Trina vowed to help Bastila, no matter the cause.

(alright, im just gonna jump back into this RP. this is just how im gonna join up with you guys.)

Sefton was sitting on top of nearby skyscraper next to the Jedi temple. Word leaked out through his buddies in the Exchange that the Ebon Hawk was somewhere on Corusant. There was no doubt in Sefton's mind that many would pay handsomely to come into the possesion of the famous ship. Whether for practical uses or as a collectors item. Plus, where ever the Ebon Hawk goes is surely an important place considering Galaxy wide affairs and brokering important information paid handsomely as well. All he would need to do is a little eavesdropping.

Sefton had been sitting high on the building surveying the temple for hours now. Perhaps he needed a better angle, perhaps they wouldn't be leaving anytime soon and he could be up here for days, or perhaps he needed another cigarette.

One last peak. Sefton thought and looked through the binoculars and saw the Ebon Hawk ascending out of the temple. He could recognize it anywhere, even if the last time he had seen it was during the Battle of Rakata Prime.

Quickly Sefton jumped up and kicked open the box that was sitting next to him. Inside was a shoulder launched missile launcher. But it wasn't to shoot the Hawk out of the sky, no. How would he be able to make any money of this endeavor otherwise? Sefton hoisted it up onto his shoulder and locked onto the ship as it flew overhead. He fired and missile quickly caught up with it. The warhead broke off attaching itself to the hull. Hopefully nobody on board noticed, that's what these things were designed for anyways. The most they might hear is a discreet "ding". Sefton had placed a long range tracker on the Hawk, and the computer systems on his own ship were already beginning to process where it was going.

{{flashback}}

A FEW WEEKS EARLIER...

A dimly lit alley on the docks of Nar Shaddaa.

A droid's voice: "Last warning: Give up the device or you will be terminated immediately."

Another: "Alright, I give in to brute force. Here you are. You will be in trouble for this. Wiping my memory will not make this legal."

---

The old, blind Sullustan listened to the words from the holo, while the droid who had brought the message busied itself at the workbench:

"...is my lastest creation, old friend. He is on a mission for me, so please help him if you can. He can fix minor issues himself, he'll probably just need to use your workbench..."

A loud, clanging noise hurt the Sullustan's ears: The droid had dropped a spanner.

"You alright? You need my help repair you? I still am master tech."

"Thank you kindly, Master Tien, I was only adjusting a motivator when I lost my grip on the hydro-spanner. There, I have put it back and your workbench is in perfect order.

I have finished my repairs and I must leave you now. Please give me my credentials back. Thank you."

After the droid had left, Tien Tubb went over to his workbench and examined it carefully, but found nothing wrong. He had had a strange feeling about that droid his old friend had sent, and where had his own droids gone? They had taken hours to come back to him and could not give answers.

---

A figure on a roof silently watched, as a droid purposefully studied an advertising screen.

"Sefton Slycks: Galactic Transports," the droid read, "Going nowhere fast? We'll get you there. Don't talk, just pay."

{{return to present}}

------------------------------

{{I'm not going to play Mical, he's just mentioned here.}}

Atton stood and watched the Ebon Hawk disappear through the atmosphere.

There you go, he thought, and keep Revan busy till I've cleared this mess that Aran left me in. He felt a tap on his shoulder:

"Excuse me, sir. Master Mical sends me to accompany you on your quest for Mistress Hunter. I am HX-20. Are you ready to leave yet, and what course do you plan to take? I am a well-made and experienced protocol droid. Do you realize how valuable an asset to your company you have in me? I may at times even use weaponry to defend you, sir. Or a game of pazaak, perhaps?"

"OK, here's your first order: go and deactivate yourself!"

"Can do, but won't, sir. Your order contrasts my programming to assist and protect you. I am sorry for the inconvenience. Why the hostility, sir? I was sent to help you. Would you care to see my credentials from my master, Bao Dur? They rest with Master Mical who sent me."

"Go and see Mical? No, not really. - OK, come along. And stay by the airlock, in case I wanna be a little 'pushy' towards you."

With the droid next to him, he went to look for a small, fast ship.

((To me, it looks okay, MJ-W4. Empess Padme's the thread master of this, and she'll think about it too. But try not to double post. M'kay? :) ))

Trina kept thinking of what Bastila's daughter looked like. If she was headstrong, that could mean lot of work for the young woman.

She smiled. Then she turned to Bastila. "Master Shan? What does your daughter look like?"

"Man! What a kriffing question!" Trina thought to herself. But she continued to smile, waiting for Bastila's answer patiently.

Teran was quietly jolted out of his thoughts by a small "ding" that seemed to come from the hull of the ship. Shaking his head, he laid back down, his thoughts wondering again. Eventually, though, they came back to one thing - one person... See? he thought, as if talking to someone else, See what I've become? I'm different now. I'm not the same brainless padawan anymore, wandering around without a care in the galaxy. I'm responsible now - I've stopped running, and I've stopped hesitating. If I had that choice again, I'd save you this time. I wouldn't lose my head.

He closed his eyes as the "conversation" ended, not caring whether anyone had heard. Only he knew the "someone" he was talking to as if that person was really there. It would stay that too.

As if he had just woken up, he jumped out of the bunk and headed for the cockpit (better now than never, he thought), and wondered what exactly the Jedi's reaction would be to his presence on the ship would be. Never could figure Bastila out, he thought. But as long as she doesn't chop my head off for this, I guess I'll be ok.

Archived