Home

Brotherhood of Shadow - Expansion Pack

Silveredge9

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

XD I hate to spoil you day, but I found two bugs so far.

1. Even if you kill the bith, he is still in the cantina when you zone back.

2. If you have Matilda in your party, whenever bastila would make a comment, Matilda will, with Bastila's voice. I found this when I used the force on that Mannan Guard guy who makes you pay to get inside the city.

XD I hate to spoil you day, but I found two bugs so far.

1. Even if you kill the bith, he is still in the cantina when you zone back.

2. If you have Matilda in your party, whenever bastila would make a comment, Matilda will, with Bastila's voice. I found this when I used the force on that Mannan Guard guy who makes you pay to get inside the city.

#1 occurs only in the supplied save, because that save was created whilst the mod was still in development, and draws upon outdated scripts that since been altered for the final version. If you were to play the quest on a new game, that wouldn't happen.

#2 I'm aware of, but I can't see any feasible way to fix it. Besides, it's only a minor annoyance.

It would help if you had a question to begin with. :roleyess:

And for someone who professes to have patience, you certainly don't demonstrate it. The modder will address your issues if/when he has time to. Bellyaching about it will not speed this process along, so please cease and desist, or I will continue to delete your posts.

Ok.

My patience has run out.

STOP SHABLA REMOVING MY SHABLA POSTS AND ANSWER MY QUESTION!!!!

Chill out, I can't be available to personally answer every question you have 24/7.

And to answer your question, yes it is a bug you have found and yes I'm working on a patch to fix this bug.

#2 I'm aware of, but I can't see any feasible way to fix it. Besides, it's only a minor annoyance.

If those dialog interjections use a script to check if Bastila is in the party you can modify this script with an additional check to check if the available NPC is Bastila or your new one.

If they share the same tag one way to do this is to check the appearance type the character uses, for example like:

object oBast = GetObjectByTag("Bastila");
[color=PaleGreen]// ST: Bastila's line number from appearance.2da[/color]
if (GetAppearanceType(oBast) == 4) {
   // I'm bastila...
}
else {
   // I'm someone else
}

Some standard scripts checking for Bastila's presence, or lack thereof, are k_con_bastilapm and k_con_bastilanpm. You could modify them with the above like:

//:: k_con_bastilapm
/*
   checks to see if bastila is a party member
*/
//:: Created By:
//:: Copyright (c) 2002 Bioware Corp.
//:: modified by Aidan, Sept 28,02
//:: updated with the new party functions

int StartingConditional() {
 return ((IsNPCPartyMember(NPC_BASTILA) == TRUE) 
   && (GetAppearanceType(GetObjectByTag("bastila")) == 4)
   && (GetDistanceBetween(GetPCSpeaker(), GetObjectByTag("bastila")) <= 10.0));
}

...and...

//:: k_con_bastilanpm
/*
   checks to see if bastila is not a party member
*/

return (!IsNPCPartyMember(NPC_BASTILA) || (GetAppearanceType(GetObjectByTag("bastila")) != 4));
}

If those dialog interjections use a script to check if Bastila is in the party you can modify this script with an additional check to check if the available NPC is Bastila or your new one.

If they share the same tag one way to do this is to check the appearance type the character uses, for example like:

object oBast = GetObjectByTag("Bastila");
[color=PaleGreen]// ST: Bastila's line number from appearance.2da[/color]
if (GetAppearanceType(oBast) == 4) {
   // I'm bastila...
}
else {
   // I'm someone else
}

Some standard scripts checking for Bastila's presence, or lack thereof, are k_con_bastilapm and k_con_bastilanpm. You could modify them with the above like:

//:: k_con_bastilapm
/*
   checks to see if bastila is a party member
*/

return ((IsNPCPartyMember(NPC_BASTILA) == TRUE) 
   && (GetAppearanceType(GetObjectByTag("bastila")) == 4)
   && (GetDistanceBetween(GetPCSpeaker(), GetObjectByTag("bastila")) <= 10.0));
}

...and...

//:: k_con_bastilanpm
/*
   checks to see if bastila is not a party member
*/

return (!IsNPCPartyMember(NPC_BASTILA) || (GetAppearanceType(GetObjectByTag("bastila")) != 4));
}

To be honest I never thought a script existed that would check appearances from the 2DA. But whatever, It works, that's one bug marked off the list. :p

I'm still thinking on how to solve this...

Just got to Lehon.

Bastilla has been changed into Matilda.

Edit: Torture scene. Bastilla gone.

Ebon Hawk after Matilda gone.

It's something I completely forgot during development. The torture scene that occurs before you come across the Star Forge that shows Malak and Bastila... (Stunt_18) It adds Bastila to your party again (Which with the mod would be the party member), and then removes her again at the end of the scene (Which would mean the party member is removed)...

Still it's not as bad as it sounds, whilst it removes Matilda from the party member selection screen, it doesn't mean the sequence involving her on the top of the unknown temple is thus impossible to trigger. Still is currently on the top of the fix list.

So far I tried equipping the Party Member during the beginning of that scene a .uti that changes the appearance to Bastila using a disguise effect, but it doesn't seem to work when equipped during cutscenes... only during gameplay.

#1 occurs only in the supplied save, because that save was created whilst the mod was still in development, and draws upon outdated scripts that since been altered for the final version. If you were to play the quest on a new game, that wouldn't happen.

Sorry but that is not the case, I found this while I was playing through it with my own character. Also, if you click on him, he will warp you back to the ship, with some guy named Dorak and Daemon in your room, along with Mec han'ic. I know it's not that big a deal, just thought you might want to know. Also, I know this must be hard on you, all these people complaining to you, so maybe take a small holiday or something to cool off.

I am having a bug when i go to the final battle with the shadow guy i beat all of his clones and then he starts to let me go then he says i cant defeat my self, and then attacks me but he only does one attack and i cant attack him. I then cant go anywhere in the story as i am stuck in that module.

have you recruited matilda?

It was before that, when you initially fight Daemon. I actually killed him, and it didn't cut to the dialogue. I re-loaded a previous save and it worked. So, I think it just mis-fired the convo. Thanks anyway.

BTW: Silveredge, This Mod is awesome!! Just as good, if not better than the original game! Makes the game even better and gives it more of a replay value. Thanks a ton for this bad-assery! :guitar2:3pdance:

I am having a bug when i go to the final battle with the shadow guy i beat all of his clones and then he starts to let me go then he says i cant defeat my self, and then attacks me but he only does one attack and i cant attack him. I then cant go anywhere in the story as i am stuck in that module.

I had the same bug. Try to play that scene again and it should work.

Looks great Silveredge, i've yet to play it because i'm awaiting for some of the bugs to be kinked out until i try it. Just a few queries, on the Endar Spire modules you used i noticed that the texture outside the ship seems to be the same, as seen in this screenshot:

17018669ya0.jpg

Does this mean the ship still shakes with explosions from attacking Sith fighters and can you still see Taris outside the Bridge window? It's not really that bad, just a bit weird IMO (unless the ship is actually situated by Taris, like i said i've yet to play the mod and so wouldn't know this). Also since the ship is a trader ship is not a Republic Ship (correct me if i'm wrong) then maybe a good suggestion would be to make a slight reskin of the modules to give them some distinction from the Endar Spire?

Looks great Silveredge, i've yet to play it because i'm awaiting for some of the bugs to be kinked out until i try it. Just a few queries, on the Endar Spire modules you used i noticed that the texture outside the ship seems to be the same, as seen in this screenshot:

Does this mean the ship still shakes with explosions from attacking Sith fighters and can you still see Taris outside the Bridge window? It's not really that bad, just a bit weird IMO (unless the ship is actually situated by Taris, like i said i've yet to play the mod and so wouldn't know this). Also since the ship is a trader ship is not a Republic Ship (correct me if i'm wrong) then maybe a good suggestion would be to make a slight reskin of the modules to give them some distinction from the Endar Spire?

No, the ship doesn't shake or anything, neither do any explosions happen. Theres just the fact that you can see taris outside the window. I wasn't sure how I would change it at the time, so I left it.

And the fact that it's a Republic ship, yet used as a traders ship is intentional. :)

bug can't get the jedi masters dark side cutscene to start

I have no idea why the scene doesn't start... There were never any bugs nor the odd misfired script at all when I tested it prior to release. Where exactly does it 'cut off'?

Played the prologue part. So far, so good. Oh yeah, I noticed you spell "Wookiee" as "Wookie". Just a small spelling error. And no bugs to report at the moment here.

Edit: As Darth Balor said, the Rodian is back on Korriban, even after you've done his quest. I assume you've used the On_Enter script for the module. That'd be why he keeps showing up every time you enter that specific module. Another thing I have noticed is that Bastila can come with you on Korriban, while normally you can't select her.

Archived