Home

Brotherhood of Shadow - Expansion Pack

Silveredge9

I've fixed the journal bug, but I'm still confused on how to fix the spells.2DA thing... :/

Anyway, until I release a patch to fix the problems stoffe highlighted. You can download a fixed journal here. Just put that in your override folder.

It's recommended that you do that for the time being, as at the moment half the journal entries will be cut off. :p

Since your original file is huge and to save a lot of time, send in a mod patch if possible instead of uploading a whole new mod if you can.

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've fixed the journal bug, but I'm still confused on how to fix the spells.2DA thing... :/

You can do that roughly like this:

1. Open the 2DA files panel for spells.2da and doubleclick your AddLine modifier to edit it. At the end of the list of column modifiers, add a 2DAMEMORY1 column key and set the value to RowIndex, like in the screenshot below:
    boshelp1ep9.jpg
    This will store the line number your new row gets inserted as in the 2DAMEMORY1 token, so it can be accessed later. (You should also set the Exclusive column box to label as shown above. This will help avoid duplicate entries being added to spells.2da if someone runs the installer more than once.)

2. Next, expand the GFF Files section and pick Add GFF File in the Modifiers menu. Type in monster_band.uti in the filename box. In the "Modify field value" section type in PropertiesList\0\Subtype in the GFF Field box, and 2DAMEMORY1 in the value box and press the red up arrow button, like in the screenshot below:
    boshelp2ac3.jpg
    This will insert the line number of your addition to spells.2da (which you stored above) into the Subtype field of the "Activate item" property of your armband, which should point to the spells.2da line to use.

(You can use the folder icon to the right of the GFF Field box to load all the GFF field labels from your monster_band.uti file into the dropdown menu to help avoid typos.)

3. Finally, expand the Install files section, find and select monster_band.uti in the file list and press the Trash can icon above the list to remove it. Since it's being installed via the GFF Files section it shouldn't be listed here as well.

I've fixed all the issues and now sent a patch to KOTORFiles. Again stoffe, thanks for the help. And good luck with the continuing development of TSL patcher. :)

If I may say

I can't find the Saved file.

Also.

Lips files.

Overide files

Module files if any.

Into folders like

Lips

Overide

Module

It will help people

The save file isn't automatically installed. You just have to move the contents of the save folder that comes in the RAR into the KOTOR save folder should you wish to continue from that save game.

Other then that, I don't get what you mean in your post. :p

Edit

---------

I've also released a small trailer to celebrate the release of Brotherhood of Shadow. You can view it at

I downloaded the mod, but am having some issues with it; mainly that for some reason, I can't initiate conversation with certain people (Xor after attacking us, TJ in the Tatooine cantina - the latter which prevents me from progressing with the story of this mod).

Also, several new items lack imagery... and there a numerous spelling errors, which though is a minor issue.

All in all, it's clear that a lot of work has been put into this. I hope I'll be able to finish the mod sometime, if that damn TJ decides to speak to me. ;)

I downloaded the mod, but am having some issues with it; mainly that for some reason, I can't initiate conversation with certain people (Xor after attacking us, TJ in the Tatooine cantina - the latter which prevents me from progressing with the story of this mod).

Also, several new items lack imagery... and there a numerous spelling errors, which though is a minor issue.

All in all, it's clear that a lot of work has been put into this. I hope I'll be able to finish the mod sometime, if that damn TJ decides to speak to me. ;)

I'm assuming you loaded the save game that was supplied with the mod? Anyways, the TJ NPC your referring too has NOTHING to do with the mod itself, and is just something left over from an old test that is still appearing in that particular save game. To start the mod, talk to the NPC Drix Keliwt on Korriban, as stated in the read-me.

There might be bugs occurring within the supplied save game, as it's an older save. It was only included in the package to allow you to quickly check the mod out. I recommend starting the game from the beginning, or at least referring to a save from Taris or Dantooine if you plan to play the mod though a genuine playthrough.

A little confused about the journal entry thing.

Your fixed journal is about 8kb smaller than the global.jrl that the mod installed into my override (no other mods currently). Should I just go ahead and use the new one?

In the release package, the global.jrl is already the edited one, so when you install the mod, it pretty much makes 2 versions of the entries. Which is an error on my part.

Whilst in the "fixed journal" I supplied earlier, their is only 1 copy of the entries, which means the fixed version is a lower file size.

But the patch I've released fixes that problem and some others...

The patch isn't on KOTORfiles as of yet. So I've uploaded it to rapidshare as a temporary way for those who wish to play the mod now with fully fixed journal entries.

Patch 1.01

I'm assuming you loaded the save game that was supplied with the mod? Anyways, the TJ NPC your referring too has NOTHING to do with the mod itself, and is just something left over from an old test that is still appearing in that particular save game. To start the mod, talk to the NPC Drix Keliwt on Korriban, as stated in the read-me.

There might be bugs occurring within the supplied save game, as it's an older save. It was only included in the package to allow you to quickly check the mod out. I recommend starting the game from the beginning, or at least referring to a save from Taris or Dantooine if you plan to play the mod though a genuine playthrough.

Yes, it's with the supplied save. I recently finished a game of Kotor, and ain't really hooked on starting a completely new game...

I thought this TJ person was Keliwt's associate I was to seek out, I suppose I'll have to go look for someone else then. :D

I have now played through the Brotherhood of Shadow main quest (not the new party member side quest(s) yet), and it sure did take a lot of time. However, in my opinion too much of the time was spent with lots and lots of dialogue and cut scenes - and while I must commend you on your well-made cut scenes and use of environments for flashbacks, I don't like not being able to control my character for so long durations of time, doing nothing but clicking dialogue (that sadly cannot be skipped with a mouse click, as dialogue normally can) and cut scenes.

Interesting idea overall, though. But the long passages of un-skipable dialogue slows down the pace of the gameplay too much imo.

I don't think anyone else has posted this yet, so let me the first to yell it out in all caps-lock; FINISHED! Great mod man, I loved it. I did notice a few bugs with the CSs, but they weren't anything too big, considering what you had to work with. I hope you continue to have a great modding career, and a great life too.

how do get her to join the party

Play the main quest, the choice to recruit her is something that can't be avoided nor missed. But then I've been telling you this when you've been PM'ing me, haven't I?

Anyways, for those who have played the mod and completed it, including the content associated with the party member. Feel free to share you opinions on the mod...What was your favourite part, what did you like, what didn't you like? I'm interested in hearing these things. :p

i downloaded this and, to my surprise, it fixed some things that had gone wrong with other mods i have...too many conflicting mods. Bastila's lightsaber (which was an orange-ish color even with the default yellow crystal) is now back to the original yellow! i can't begin to tell you how much that orange saber was bugging me!

Archived