Home

Brotherhood of Shadow - Expansion Pack

Silveredge9

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I Just Played Through The Brotherhood of Shadow And It Was Brilliant!

All The Time Effort And Work Silveredge put Into This Mod Is Highly Appreciated By The Whole of The Modding Community.

I Thought i'dPost This Thread Just To Show My Appreciation For The Work He Has Done.

Well Done Silveredge! :twogun:

As Darth Balor said, the Rodian is back on Korriban, even after you've done his quest. I assume you've used the On_Enter script for the module. That'd be why he keeps showing up every time you enter that specific module.

This has got some other side-effects, I've noticed. After completing the Tomb of Naga Sadow and returning to Dreshdae, Yuthura Ban is in the Cantina again, in her usual spot, asking if you're ready to go to the Academy. More so, Dak Vesser doesn't appear in the Cantina after talking to Juhani.

The standard OnEnter scripts for each module still run, just through script injection. So none of these possible side effects should be capable of happening as a far as I can see.

I remember noticing a while ago that ExecuteScript() is not entirely reliable and might not fire the script under some circumstances. I can't remember exactly in what occasions it failed to work properly, but you might want to double-check that the executed scripts are actually run in all instances you use it to run displaced standard game scripts. :)

As for the near-endgame cutscenes with Bastila, as you describe it the easiest way around it is likely to change the cutscene scripts not to put Bastila back in the party table. I can't think of any situation where using the party table would really be required and couldn't be worked around. Also, any scripts that use GetObjectByTag("Bastila") where both Bastila and your NPC might be present would require additional checks to ensure you get the correct object, and continue iterate though objects until you do. (The second optional parameter to the GetObjectByTag() can be used to iterate through all objects in the area that share the same tag.)

Sorry but that is not the case, I found this while I was playing through it with my own character. Also, if you click on him, he will warp you back to the ship, with some guy named Dorak and Daemon in your room, along with Mec han'ic. I know it's not that big a deal, just thought you might want to know. Also, I know this must be hard on you, all these people complaining to you, so maybe take a small holiday or something to cool off.

I've fixed this for the next Patch. So hopefully you should never see him again after the main Brotherhood of Shadow quest is completed. :p

I completed the prologe quest and left the korriban cantina, I went back in to to see Yuthura, and the rodian is back, I talked to him and he wants to begin the quest again!

After defeating the leviethan I headed to Tatoine to meet the bith, and he wasn't THERE!

HELP me please!

The fact that the Cantina guy is missing is because you talked to Drix Keliwt again after his associated quest was over. Which basically reset the whole quest.

This is another fix that is included in the next patch.

And in some cases, where dialogue may not occur, it could be due to a misfired script. Stuff like this may happen from time to time, my advice to report it so I can review the script (To see if or not it's a genuine bug, or a misfired script) and then restart that particular bit from an earlier autosave or save.

As for the near-endgame cutscenes with Bastila, as you describe it the easiest way around it is likely to change the cutscene scripts not to put Bastila back in the party table. I can't think of any situation where that would really be required and couldn't be worked around. Also, any scripts that use GetObjectByTag("Bastila") where both Bastila and your NPC might be present would require additional checks to ensure you get the correct object, and continue iterate though objects until you do. (The second optional parameter to the GetObjectByTag() can be used to iterate through all objects in the area that share the same tag.)

Other then then that particular cutscene, I can't think of any other examples where both the party member and Bastila would be present where they would be treated by the game as if they were both party members in the same slot.

This is something I'll have to work on...

I've played through the main part of the BoS mod, and it's really amazing. Great job. I've encountered some bugs, I'll try to remember them all (btw, this can contain spoilers, so beware!).

On the Orion:

• Sera Degana is mentioned as Channa Mai in the journal and called as such by the Mechanic when he talks to the Captain of the ship.
  • Playing as male, hearing Degana say "My Lady?" was quite... disturbing.
  • Just before confronting Daemon Drexel, another group of Exchange thugs attack you. One Exchange thug remains friendly and is actually helping you in that particular fight.

In the "Trap to capture Revan" vision

• After you've defeated Bastila, the dialog doesn't start directly. I don't know if this is supposed to be so, if it's possible to open the door that lead away from the Bridge, as I haven't pursued that possibility.

In the "Shadow" Jedi Enclave:

• After you defeat the dozen Brothers of Shadow, the one remaining sometimes doesn't change into Darth Revan. You can't trigger any dialog, and exploring the Enclave was obviously not part of the "trial".

General:

• Few returning spelling errors, such as "vessel" and "planetary", and a few more. Also, the lack of punctuation (especially when addressing the players name) is apparent in most dialog.

I may have missed one or two, but these were the prominent ones I've encountered.

I've just completed a new game with the Brotherhood of Shadow mod. Wow... where to begin? First off, this is some amazing work! I love all the new content, especially the recreations of Revan's past! (And a note, there may be spoilers for those who haven't tried the mod yet)

I managed to play through both the prologue quest and the main quest (and finish the game) without any major problems. Most of the minor problems I encoutered have already been posted (I also posted on the Filefront comment section, which you've already read).

First off the positive:

Pretty much everything is very impressive! The quests are not too easy, nor too difficult. The rewards - You get a fair amount of new toys (I love the Mandalorian Wars robes!), but not too much like many other mods, which I think is important. The scripting/cutscenes and such are very well done. I also caught the Star Wars movie references.

Matilda is awesome! I like the Shadow of Revan concept, and all she has to say to you. She sort of reminds me of Visas from TSL, but much, much more interesting (and useful! Nice starting stats). Though I am a bit confused by the Unknown World dialogues. If Channa Mai was to bring back the Sith Assassins, what is to become of her?

A couple of other things...

• Why are there Rakatan droids aboard the Orion? Are they just there to foreshadow the 'Merchandise', being... well, what it is?

• Is Walon Vau actually meant to sell anything?

• Do we ever find out who the "One Legged Wookiee" is exactly? (Or did I miss something?)

• I also had problems with Helana not showing up in the Tatooine Cantina. (But I was trying out a mod that alters Helana's appearance)

(End Spoilers)

I think the dialogue and story development is the best part, but I do suggest you make the dialogue skippable - not everyone reads at the same speed, usually by the time I've read the dialogue, the character continues to speak for quite some time.

Finally, I have to thank you for listening to all of our feedback and releasing prompt fixes! Believe me, I know how it feels to finally finish a long project - you naturally want nothing to do with it for a while. But you've definitely been working out the bugs!

[*]Do we ever find out who the "One Legged Wookiee" is exactly? (Or did I miss something?)

I may be wrong, but it's my impression that it's just a weird (very weird, actually - how and why this name come into existence? :s) for SPOILER WARNING:

Atris. Speaking of which, I find it pretty weird that they are travelling to Telos to meet her, given that it recently had its entire surface destroyed and given that noone supposedly knew that Atris was there...

Archived