Home

Brotherhood of Shadow - Expansion Pack

Silveredge9

If Channa Mai was to bring back the Sith Assassins, what is to become of her?

A couple of other things...

• Why are there Rakatan droids aboard the Orion? Are they just there to foreshadow the 'Merchandise', being... well, what it is?

• Is Walon Vau actually meant to sell anything?

• Do we ever find out who the "One Legged Wookiee" is exactly? (Or did I miss something?)

• I also had problems with Helana not showing up in the Tatooine Cantina. (But I was trying out a mod that alters Helana's appearance)

(End Spoilers)

I think the dialogue and story development is the best part, but I do suggest you make the dialogue skippable - not everyone reads at the same speed, usually by the time I've read the dialogue, the character continues to speak for quite some time.

- The droid on the Orion being the same appearance as the droid in the vision is just purely coincidence. And the fact that the 2 modules were essentially created within about a year apart from each other.

- Channa Mai revives what will essentially become the assassination force that eventually Darth Sion will command in KOTOR2. And what of Channa Mai? That's for you to decide, in your own continuity of the KOTOR universe.

- Walon Vau wasn't a salesman, just a polite Mandalorian. :p

- The thing with the "One Legged Wookie" was an idea that I didn't really have time to develop. But the clues within the mod do indeed point towards Atris... (And I am very much aware of how much that may conflict with the actual continuity, I just didn't research it at the time... )

I'll try to get more bug fixing this week, but due to the fact I have just recently started University, my schedule is somewhat limited...

But I can confirm now that the dialogue will remain unskippable, because otherwise it would allow the user to skip all sorts of important procedures. I'm aware that there are ways to make certain parts of dialogue skippable and unskippable using scripting, I tried these during development but could never get them to work.

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But I can confirm now that the dialogue will remain unskippable, because otherwise it would allow the user to skip all sorts of important procedures. I'm aware that there are ways to make certain parts of dialogue skippable and unskippable using scripting, I tried these during development but could never get them to work.

As far as I know, every dialog node has the option of the line to be unskippable. You'd make the lines you want to be unskippable, while other lines in the same dialog skippable.

As far as I know, every dialog node has the option of the line to be unskippable. You'd make the lines you want to be unskippable, while other lines in the same dialog skippable.

Unfortunately that's a feature that's only present in KOTOR2.

UPDATE:

For those who are experiencing the "disappearing Drix" bug. That's a bug that does indeed exist. It will be fixed in the next patch, along with other issues.

Though due to the severity of the bug, I've uploaded a temperary fix available for download from rapidshare...

Drix bug Fix

Put those files into your Override folder, and it should work.

While using this mod I found two bugs.

1: Bastila's mother isn't in the cantina

2: After meeting the guy on Tatooine I go back to the rodian on Korriban and when talking too him he suddenly dissapears. Or is the fix in your last post the fix for that problem?

1: It's already been reported. And hopefully I can figure out a solution to that and a number of problems for the next patch.

2: Thats a fix yes, the fix will be also included in the next patch.

I never EVER got the Helena appearing bug, install brotherhood after you install the bastilla romance fix and your problems are solved.

BTW, Wonderfull mod Silver.

Are you sure you aren't one of the story writers for the orginal game who had an idea for part of the story but it got scrapped, then you decided to mod the story in for us?

The fix works.

Now on Tatooine the Bith says I need to center myself before he gives me a quest. Does he means I need a higher level or is it planet based or is it based on another quests etc. etc.

To make it short, what does he mean with it?

he means that you have to wait until you finish the Leviathan

For future bug reports, please you this format. It's so I know exactly where the bug occurs, and thus it allows me to hopefully fix it more easily.

Area: (As in, the Orion or the Great White Void)

Problem: (What the bug is, what is happening that you think shouldn't happen)

Point: (Which point does the bug occur, more specifically after which line of dialogue)

(I also discovered that the script responsible for spawning the Contact, and then running the standard onenter script for the Tattooine cantina is slightly glitched. Hence all the problems everyone has been having. A fix will be provided in the next patch released today.)

Bastila's mother still isn't there. I'm finding it rather odd since I can't think of a file that could cause it.

It might not take effect on the same file that you used when Bastila's mother wasn't there, KOTOR is weird like that. Have you tried loading a save before the Bastila mother quest? To test it then?

And if this patch hasn't fixed it, I don't know what will. I can see no other feasible method then the ExecuteScript way to make NPC's appear in existing modules. :/

Wow. If only the people that wrote the barely acceptable story of TSL had you! This mod was great for several reasons: Huge usage of special effects! (I'm a filmmaker, so I naturally love that) Great story, it was mysterious, chilling, but not with so many information holes that it was impossible to understand what was going on like TSL. This is a definite keeper in my override folder! I do have a few questions though, and if they've already been answered, forgive me, because I don't exactly have time to read through 120+ posts. Here are my questions:

1. I can't make the Armlet of Fiends work. It doesn't appear in the armband action menu. Does the patch fix this?

2. What files would I remove to keep the style of Revan Robes obtained on the Star Forge? The Cutscene robes are okay for the talking parts of the story, but not the fighting.

Great work, Silveredge9, and may the Force be with you!

Wow. If only the people that wrote the barely acceptable story of TSL had you! This mod was great for several reasons: Huge usage of special effects! (I'm a filmmaker, so I naturally love that) Great story, it was mysterious, chilling, but not with so many information holes that it was impossible to understand what was going on like TSL. This is a definite keeper in my override folder! I do have a few questions though, and if they've already been answered, forgive me, because I don't exactly have time to read through 120+ posts. Here are my questions:

1. I can't make the Armlet of Fiends work. It doesn't appear in the armband action menu. Does the patch fix this?

2. What files would I remove to keep the style of Revan Robes obtained on the Star Forge? The Cutscene robes are okay for the talking parts of the story, but not the fighting.

Great work, Silveredge9, and may the Force be with you!

The Armlet of Fiends should work regardless. Perhaps something in your override folder is causing compatibility problems?

And due to the nature of how KOTOR is set up internally, you wouldn't be able to have the Cutscene Revan robes and the Normal Revan Robes both at the same time (Without overriding something else).

Wow. If only the people that wrote the barely acceptable story of TSL had you! This mod was great for several reasons: Huge usage of special effects!
It's quite ironic that you say that, because the Brotherhood of Shadow is based upon K2's style of storytelling. :p

silver i dont know if this was intentional is matilda supposed to replace bastila in EVERY aspect? because i have just went to the unknown world, and well this is what i saw,

(imageshack isint workingright now but, its replaced her during the torture cutscene when you head to the unknown world )

and also she is gone and i cannot use her,

The Armlet of Fiends should work regardless. Perhaps something in your override folder is causing compatibility problems?

And due to the nature of how KOTOR is set up internally, you wouldn't be able to have the Cutscene Revan robes and the Normal Revan Robes both at the same time (Without overriding something else).

It's quite ironic that you say that, because the Brotherhood of Shadow is based upon K2's style of storytelling. :p

Well, style maybe, but still, it was a good story. The characters were believable. My party members in TSL just seem so shallow compared to K1... I don't know why.

My question was not whether I could have both robes at once, but what I would remove from my override to just have the in game robes. Revan's robes seem to work differently than other models, otherwise I could do this myself. I did say that kind of ambiguously, though.

Last question, what mods would cause compatability issues? I have the All In One Force Powers Mod, the Super Skip Taris mod, Easy Swoop Racing, and the Enhanced Jedi Robes Mod, and of course the Brotherhood of Shadow and it's latest patch.

Great work, regardless, Silveredge. This was a fun and logical extension to the Kotor storyline, and man, what a ride!

Thanks,

Illuminatus

Archived