Home

Brotherhood of Shadow - Expansion Pack

Silveredge9

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm including a fix in the next patch that will add Matilda back into your party upon arrival on the Unknown world. Although you will have to level her back up.

Bastila will still be replaced by Matilda in the torture scene though. I've still having difficulties trying to figure out how I can solve this.

object oNPC = GetObjectByTag("Bastila");

effect eDisg = EffectDisguise(DISGUISE_TYPE_P_BASTILLA);
ApplyEffectToObject(DURATION_TYPE_PERMANENT,eDisg,  oNPC);

I've been using this script to change the appearance of Matilda in that scene back to Bastila. The script works, but it warps her next to the off screen PC. Which leaves Malak talking to thin air. :/

I've also been looking into finding out the problem that's causing the bug which essentially halts any progress within the mod. The one where the Sith Guy 'force jumps' to your location after you defeat him and his clones.

I can't recreate this bug myself, but I've been working with someone who is. The cause of the problem hasn't been found so far, hopefully that will change.

And for those still experiencing the bug that stops Helena from spawning in the cantina. You can, if you really want to progress in that quest, delete the file "k_ptat17af_enter.ncs" from the override folder temporarily until you complete it.

I just played trough the mod. Very well done kudos for that. There are still some grammar errors, but nothing big. Though I think there is a problem with your Revan robe. When I select it in the inventory my game freezes.

Also for everybody who doesn't know who the One-Legged Wookie is think. Maybe who I think it is, isn't the One-Legged Wookie but it does hint in that persons direction alot.

Hi Silveredge, I've been reading nothing except wonderful things from this mod so I am very interested in trying it.

Unfortunately I use a custom HK-47, many of the MECK mods (Jabba, clonetroppers, etc), and several others which already alter virtually every 2da I have; head, appearance, spells, etc.

Much to my suspected dread, when I downloaded this mod and the latest patch I saw that of course these files were modified here also and of course makes it completely incompatible unless I merge everything by hand.

I saw the change.ini in the mod, is this the list of changes? Cause I could hardly make heards or tails out of it. If not, is there a place with the list of changes?

Or is playing this a completely lost cost for me?

Thanks

Thanks Omega, I have to check it out and learn to use it. But wouldn't I also need to learn what entries are the new ones?

I don't even know all the things MECK changed, I just use their 2das and changed the entries in the appearance.2da for HK so the new rusted and battered textures would appear. So I have no clue what was original and what is MECK...

I'll check out the patcher though.

The patcher comes with the mod. You just click install and it should do all the alterations to the necessary 2da files automatically.

I found that I needed to manually edit the character utc files as they refer to particular lines in appearance.2da file but other than that, this mod worked fine with all of the others I have installed.

One small thing though, I have Redhawke's ORD Mandell mod installed and Drix spawns in the cantina there for some reason.

Good work on this mod.

e1usion

The patcher comes with the mod. You just click install and it should do all the alterations to the necessary 2da files automatically.

Thanks for the heads up.

But that kind of replacement is precisely the problem I may have to avoid, because your mod might have changed something one of my other mods changed also and then all will end up broken.

I have a lot of custom stuff in there from new heads for the PC I extracted from Insidious Plot, movie jedi robes and sabers, clonetroopers replacing republic soldiers, Jango Fett's armor and helmet, Bastila romance fix, HK-47 texture replacer, Ord Mantell, Jabba's Palace, Revan's robe fix; like I said a lot of crap. I don't think I can just replace the stuff with the patcher without problems, unless all of your new content is just adding things that weren't ingame before; if they replace anything from vanilla KotOR I would have to make sure it wasn't something already changed by something else.

This was what I wanted to check before attempting an install and looks like it would be complicated to join, I appreciate all the responses. Thanks again.

dont install this mod if you have jabbas pallace because i did yeterday and a whole bunch of the characters from this mod appeared headless and matilda had boba fetts armor

Thanks for the warning, a mod of this size would undoubtedly change something another mod equally big had changed also.

For the MECK projects I have: Ord Mantell, Jabba's Palace, Clonetroopers and the PC heads I extracted from Insidious Plot; I was very fortunate that since it was made by the same team of people, they made all their 2das compatible with each other. So basically I didn't have to edit anything, I would just replace an older 2da with the newer one. Most of the other mods I have don't require 2da editing, they don't bring new 2das at all; that's why I chose them because editing 2das is a huge headache.

I know next to nothing about KotOR modding but what would make sense to me about the Jabba issue is this: Jabba has npcs which use custom textures or something, when you replace the ingame 2da that had Jabba's settings with Brotherhood's 2da you probably don't have some of the custom changes from Jabba's 2da and thus the custom content no longer registers and presto headless npcs or things missing. This isn't terminal of course, you just have to find all the custom entries in Jabba's 2da files and add them to the one you now are using from Brotherhood or vice versa. This is an issue I will have to deal with again when the Coruscant mod comes out, thankfully Coola told me he will add files that specify where the changes are so I can make the new additions manually into my existing game.

Now the character with the Fett armor is a different story, that means both mods changed the same character with custom settings. Meaning no matter what, neither will look exactly as intended. This is the problem I feared most, because it means there are incompatibilities between the two; who knows how many of the same settings are changed and the extent of the incompatibility.

D. Balor, if you have no other mods and have headless npcs it sounds to me like some entries weren't made into the 2das. Do you install the 2das the mod brings and put them in your override? Or did you use the patcher to combine the new 2das with the originals? If the new lines in the appearance.2da or heads.2das aren't placed, you'll get missing stuff ingame.

Silver I appreciate your patience and explanations, I realize you went through tremendous efforts to get this done and compatibility with other things is always something that's a bonus. Anyway just wanted to say that this mod does look like it's fantastic; I love the concept which brings meat to the characters, the further cinematic experiences that further the story and most of all the voiced dialogue which is rare. I don't think I'll be able to try this one, unless I reinstall everything and eliminate all my mods which I don't think I'll do, but it is precisely the kind of mods that keep KotOR going. So thanks again.

Can some 1 post a save after getting off the Orion, cos i talked to the bif at the Catina (Tatoine) again after i beat it and now I'm bak on the ship and the bridge is locked with all the characters in the room. EDIT: I suppose this is the side effect of the supplied save.

By the way theres a bug when u fight Matilda in the jedi academy, if you switch your robes to Darth Revan's armor during the fight then it removes Revan's armor instead of the Republic Crusader's robes.

The problems in coming up with a review for this mod are first that there is nothing like it and of its standard in the whole of KotOR modding (that I am aware of), and second, that it is less an add-on, and more a film within the storyline of the game.

This is without doubt the greatest piece of KotOR modding I think I've seen. It is simply astounding. It's cinematic breadth of vision, complex and brilliant use of cameras, wonderful skinning (I especially liked Sin's Sith armour) and clever use of the resources available in the game are brilliant.

I would like to make one or two suggestions for improvement, if I may, however.

First, some of the dialogue, as has been mentioned, needs spell-checking (numerous instances of small mistakes like 'vessal' just detract from the immersiveness somewhat), and in a few places, perhaps a rewording should be considered.

Second, I think that while the musical stings for the Brotherhood work on the ship and in the Void, it would be more effective if the music cut off after the initial scene, and there was no music again afterwards. I felt that the ship in particular was much more creepy with just the whispering/howling sound effects, personally.

What I think is the greatest testament to this mod's brilliance, however, is that immediately afterwards, I wanted to play it again. :)

Barring, those few little things, this mod was almost perfect. 9.8/10. :)

@G_K: Fixed. Nitpicker :xp:

I think that whle the musical stings
First, some of the dialogue, as has been mentioned, needs spell-checking (numerous instances of small mistakes like 'vessal' just detract from the immersiveness somewhat), and in a few places, perhaps a rewording should be considered.
As should you DI! :lol: (joke)

DI is right, this has to be one of the greatest pieces of Kotor modding ever to grace this modding community, let's hope this inspires more ambitious projects down the pipeline! Apart from bugs etc. (which i know Silver is doing a great job at fixing) this fits so perfectly into the story so a definate 9.5/10 for me! Keep up the great modding Silveredge9! :thumbsup:

I'm aware of the many spelling mistakes that plague the mod. I would willingly fix them for the next patch, but the problem is I'm not exactly good at spotting mistakes (As the mod shows :p), and I want the job to be a well done one. :)

If someone would be willing to spend time going through the dialogue files one by one using dlgediter and list any mistakes you find into a Microsoft Word document or something, I would be very grateful.

Here is a list of all the dialogue files from each section of the mod. Use it as a checklist.

Task (Prologue Quest)

contact.dlg

daemon.dlg

daemonthug.dlg

drix.dlg

Ship (Orion Opening)

alienchatting.dlg

astro_dead.dlg

bridge.dlg

bridge_convo.dlg

bridge_guy.dlg

cage_guy.dlg

cage_guy2.dlg

cage_monster.dlg

captain.dlg

computer_area.dlg

computer_storage.dlg

cpu_guy.dlg

crewmember3.dlg

crewmember.dlg

daemon_ship.dlg

door_guy.dlg

door_opener.dlg

drix_ship2.dlg

drix_ship.dlg

droidparts.dlg

guard.dlg

jediguy.dlg

m4h4.dlg

mechanic2.dlg

mechanic.dlg

pazaak.dlg

protocol.dlg

sales_person.dlg

sales_person2.dlg

ship.dlg

Ship 2 (Repelling the Exchange's Attack)

contact_ship.dlg

daemon_ship2.dlg

daemon_ship.dlg

merc1.dlg

merc1b.dlg

merc6.dlg

merc6a.dlg

merc6b.dlg

merc6c.dlg

merc8.dlg

Ship 3 (Awakening after being knocked out)

door.dlg

merc_dead.dlg

ship3.dlg

sighting.dlg

sithghost5.dlg

sithghost.dlg

Ship 4 (Investigating what happened/entering the codes into the terminal)

artifact.dlg

astro.dlg

astro2.dlg

astro3.dlg

bridge_scene.dlg

computer_mech.dlg

computer_storage.dlg

crewmember3.dlg

fight_thing.dlg

hall_convo.dlg

mech_storage.dlg

ship4.dlg

sithghost5b.dlg

storage_opened.dlg

Ship 5 (The great white void)

daemon_artifact.dlg

ship5.dlg

sithghost5b.dlg

Vision 3 (Revan vision on the Ship)

opening.dlg

opening2.dlg

opening3.dlg

opening4.dlg

opening5.dlg

opening6.dlg

opening62.dlg

opening7.dlg

revan_bastila.dlg

Vision 1 (The end of the Brotherhood/Vision within the Jedi Academy)

opening.dlg

opening2.dlg

opening3.dlg

opening4.dlg

Ship 6 (Return to the Orion)

end.dlg

end2.dlg

mechanic2.dlg

Party Member

matilda.dlg

channaend.dlg

Vision 4 (Revan Vision, Recruitment for the War)

opening_vision4.dlg

vision4_end.dlg

Vision 5 (Revan Vision, The Dantooine Ruins)

door_end.dlg

old_droid.dlg

opening_vision5.dlg

vision_channa.dlg

There is lots of dialogue in the mod. But if you feel your up to the task, post a reply. Obviously you need to be a good speller, and you need some familiarity with dlgeditor, or another kotor dialogue editor.

When you've finished, email me the list of errors, and I can correct them for the next patch.

Also I'm aware that there are still a selection of bugs that lay unresolved within the mod. The ones I'm aware of, and by progress with fixing them is listed below.

Bug: Channa Mai replaces Bastila in the torture scene

Progress: I've spent many hours trying to figure out this one. I've come close on numerous occasions, but still, no fix. This one will remain unfixed for the time being unless my knowledge of KOTOR scripting suddenly jumps to super human (stoffe-like) levels. :p

Bug: Channa Mai is removed from the Party Member list upon arrival on the unknown world.

Progress: This one is tied to the previous bug, and when the previous bug is properly fixed, so will this one. But included in the next patch is a semi-fix that will at least allow you to retain Channa Mai in your party. I added a script that adds her back to your party if she was there before. But the catch is, you'll have to relevel her up to whatever level your PC is.

Bug: Dialogue suddenly stops after defeating the Shadow and his clones.

Progress: I have been unable to recreate this bug no matter how hard I try, so I've been working with someone trying to determine exactly what is causing this. Through tedious process of trial and error editing so far I haven't found the cause, but I'll keep looking. Though I'd like to note that he has a downloaded version of KOTOR, whilst mine is bought... Which makes me wonder if it's possible that the problem could stem from that. (People who are experiencing the bug, is you KOTOR version downloaded?)

I'm aware of the many spelling mistakes that plague the mod. I would willingly fix them for the next patch, but the problem is I'm not exactly good at spotting mistakes (As the mod shows :p), and I want the job to be a well done one. :)

I'd be willing to correct some of the dialogues. I've only modified TSL's dialogues so far, but KoTOR's should be essentially the same. I have some time to kill over the next few days anyway. I'm fairly good at spotting spelling errors and homonyms, but you may have to look elsewhere for precise grammar/punctuation. (I hate deciphering between dashes and semicolons lol).

I'm not familiar with module editing however - I assume that I would find the other .dlg files in the edited modules? (Besides the ones in Override I mean) and How would I extract them? PM me if you wish, or see my profile for contact info.

I could help, too. Editing dlgs isn't too hard, and I'm good with spelling and grammar.

I'm already working on it. Seeing as I was one of the folks that was busting Silveredge's chops about the spelling that I should help with correcting the DLG files. I've already completed working on the DLG files for 2 of the MOD files.

Archived