Home

Brotherhood of Shadow - Expansion Pack

Silveredge9

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a truly brilliant mod. Best Kotor mod there is.

I experienced a few problems though, first of all, the npc in Korriban that starts the quest is a female untextured model without head. And there are similar problems with models through the entire mod, for example the mechanic on board of the Orion is a female Twilek.. with a deep obviously male voice.

I guess that's due to other mods I have installed. But there are so many.. perhaps you can help me out what it could be? :)

I guess that's due to other mods I have installed. But there are so many.. perhaps you can help me out what it could be? :)

Sounds like a conflict with the appearance.2da file. It contains the appearance types (head+body model combos etc) of NPCs, creatures and the player character, referred by line number in the file. So if one mod you install overwrites this file, all references to lines added by other mods will now point at the wrong appearance type definitions.

Have you installed any other mods that come with this file after this one?

This is a truly brilliant mod. Best Kotor mod there is.

I experienced a few problems though, first of all, the npc in Korriban that starts the quest is a female untextured model without head. And there are similar problems with models through the entire mod, for example the mechanic on board of the Orion is a female Twilek.. with a deep obviously male voice.

your problems are most likely coming from the appearance.2da file, if you have any other mods that use this file then it will cause problems as different mods can use the same slot in the appearance.2da file.

EDIT: DANGIT!! :headbump Stoffe beat me to it.

First off, Wow! One of the best mods I've ever played! I really like Matilda, and like listening to her conversations. The whole Orion ship was exhilerating, although..is that Mandolorian merchant supposed to sell you anything?

Either way, the only thing I had an issue with was the lack of 'skippable' dialogue.

10/10 :)

An absolutely amazing mod Silveredge9, it was great fun to play through, you have done a brilliant job, well done!! As others have said, the best KOTOR mod I have played through, thanks for all your hard work. The only problems I have seem to be the same problem as Lance Monance above with the references in my apperance 2da from earlier mods, with some some characters appearing as white female bodies usaully without heads, and Matilda appears as a male player body without a head ;-), and the Brotherhood of Shadow appears in Revan's Redemption robes. But this was to be expected given all the other mods I have cultering up my override folder, and it didn't stop me playing through any of the story, so thanks again for the mod.

One thing to keep in mind Silveredge9, there is a similar mod for people who had problems with Helena not showing up, which allowed you to spawn Helena in the Cantina via dialogue with an NPC in the cantina.

Simply spawning Helena, and talking with her with that fix, did not, however, spawn the Tattered Equipment pack in the Krayt Dragon cave. (And thus you wouldn't get the Holocron)

Just something I hope will help.

One thing to keep in mind Silveredge9, there is a similar mod for people who had problems with Helena not showing up, which allowed you to spawn Helena in the Cantina via dialogue with an NPC in the cantina.

Simply spawning Helena, and talking with her with that fix, did not, however, spawn the Tattered Equipment pack in the Krayt Dragon cave. (And thus you wouldn't get the Holocron)

Just something I hope will help.

The main thing that is causing all these problems concerning NPC's and/or Items not spawning isn't down to scripting errors on my part (At least I don't think so). But due to the lack of 'stability' with the ExecuteScript function (Which is used in scripts where a standard ingame area is altered) working correctly when you enter the areas.

The areas below run a custom script, which then after spawning the nessasary items/npc's on the map, runs the old OnEnter scripts through the ExecuteScript function.

- Korriban/Dreshdae (Spawns Drix Keliwt)

- Tatooine Cantina (Spawns the Contact, and causes Helena NOT to appear.)

- Eastern Dune Sea (Spawns the Moomo Brothers, and causes the Holocron not to spawn.)

I'm hoping to fix all these problems for good in the next patch. I'll have to manually spawn Bastila's Mother/Holocron in my custom spawn scripts, rather then relying on the ExecuteScript Function to run the original OnEnter scripts.

Though, I need a save. If someone is willing to send me one through email, the sooner I can get the update out. :/

Sounds like a conflict with the appearance.2da file. It contains the appearance types (head+body model combos etc) of NPCs, creatures and the player character, referred by line number in the file. So if one mod you install overwrites this file, all references to lines added by other mods will now point at the wrong appearance type definitions.

Have you installed any other mods that come with this file after this one?

My Override folder is a mess. Is there anything vital in the folder. If not I will just delete everything from it and reinstall the mod. :)

i have reached the part after i battle all the brother hood of the shadow copys but after he speaks and i answer he jumps over to me and nothing else happens he just stands there and i can just move around and the cutscene does not work.

Also i arrive on the unownworld matilda is no longer in my party is this surpose to happen and matildas sith unfirorm when she equips it is a republic soliders uniform i have no other mods installed what could be the problem.

Bastila will still be replaced by Matilda in the torture scene though. I've still having difficulties trying to figure out how I can solve this.

object oNPC = GetObjectByTag("Bastila");

effect eDisg = EffectDisguise(DISGUISE_TYPE_P_BASTILLA);
ApplyEffectToObject(DURATION_TYPE_PERMANENT,eDisg,    oNPC);

You can just have TSLpatcher replace the modules .utc for bastilla with one with a custom bastilla appearence.

The appearance for the Bastila NPC in that scene is already set to 'Party_NPC_Bastila', so technically it shouldn't change in the first place. If that's what you mean't?

Or are you suggesting that I could try creating a new row in appearance.2DA with the appearance of Bastila? If so, It's something I haven't thought of trying yet.

I've had some issue's with mod...

The Rodian whom you meet on Korriban looks like a red-haired woman in her underwear, and the Tech Duro looks like a Caucasian Twi'lek...

I'm pretty sure its a mod conflict wiith appearence.2da with the Holowan plugin, what exactly can I do to make the mod the way its meant, without removing the heads?

Archived