Home

From Trial to Full Game - buggy problems

Tarante11a

Hello there! :)

I'm new to the game and new to this forum so please excuse any blunders I make!

I've just converted from the 14-day trial to the full game and loving it APART from the fact that I'm experiencing quite a few bugs and glitches. I am aware that the game can be a bit buggy but I wondered if the conversion online meant that it was particularly so? Bug examples are - items disappearing, mobs in very odd places and seemingly not working properly, sound problems, various graphics problems that don't seem to be associated with my hardware.

If it's just a case of 'it's just the game', well ho hum I'll put up with it but if it's my 'copy' how do I re-install the game if it was upgraded online?

Also I noticed from another thread that someone mentioned uninstalling the 14-day trial when converting to the full game. Was I supposed to do that? And how do I do that?

So sorry if I'm being really thick.

Loving the game though! See you on Chimaera :)

Items disappearing is something you should send in a ticket for. Mobs in odd places and not working at times is a common bug for alot of online games. Sound problems and graphics problems is gonna be on your end. Try updating all of your drivers, and if that doesnt fix it, THEN you might consider doing a complete uninstall and reinstall. I never heard of having to uninstall the trial before puttin in the full version. To me it would make no sense, but then again SOE does alot of things that make no sense.

Thanks for getting back to me.

I've played other online mmorpgs and I do understand that mob bugs exist and strange things can happen, it's just that here I'm getting them a lot. Not to worry, if it's just part of the deal, I understand and I'll live with it.

As far as graphics cards, sound cards and drivers is concerned, all my drivers are up-to-date (first thing I did). I'm enjoying the game so much it's spurred me into getting a new graphics card so hopefully that will sort out some of the issues.

My concern, really, was that the game I had was corrupted in some way. However, since I posted I've bought the full 'online experience' as a hard copy so I'll re-install and see what happens.

Anyway, many thanks for your reply :) now I'm off to kill some Meatlumps.

Archived