Home

Battle of the giants - the most powerful?

I remember an old basketball magazine when someone was called out on calling Jordan the best player, as well as Scottie Pippen, Hakeem Olajuwan and Charles Barkley. It was clarified that each in their own way was the best. Could the same be said for each individual Sith Lord, that in their own way they could be considered the best?

Also, remember that the dark side is more powerful than the light side.

tut tut,

Luke: Is the dark side stronger?

Yoda: No, no, no. Quicker, easier, more seductive.

Luke: But how am I to know the good side from the bad?

Yoda: You will know... when you are calm, at peace, passive. A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.

tut tut,

Lucas: Well, actually....

A paragon jedi master may not be the best authority on the particulars of the darkside, or the most objective judge of its strength. :) He may not necessarily have been lying, but he doesn't know everything, so it's just his opinion on the matter. :)

I highly doubt that Yoda was talking about fighting ability. Anakin could only pull off victories against people like Asajj Ventress when he utilized his anger and pretty much fell to the dark side. The reason the Jedi don't use the dark side was because when you're influenced by it, you end up destroying yourself and everything you fought for.

[by the way, Sephira, were you ever a member of KMC Forums?]

[EDIT: 300TH POST!!! THIS IS SPARTA!!!!!]

Anakin Skywalker wasn't exactly a paragon of the Light Side, though.

Anyway, I'll concede the point about Obi-Wan, although I would say that, in a straight Lightsaber to Lightsaber duel with their respective Episode III skill, Obi-Wan would eventually win simply because Dooku would wear himself out against his defenses.

Their lightsaber forms are exactly why Dooku WTFpwned Kenobi on both occasions. It's because Makashi focuses on precision, while Soresu is basically putting up a wall of defenses. The reason Djem So is effective against Makashi is because it's just battering the short and sometimes weak defenses of Makashi. With Soresu, however, Makashi-users can find precise falters in their defense and utilize them, causing a break in the stance. It's a little like shatterpoint, but it results from dueling skill rather than Force phenomena.

tut tut,

Luke: But how am I to know the good side from the bad?

Yoda: You will know... when you are calm, at peace, passive. A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.

Lucas says other wise, he says the dark side is stronger in an interview, i think it was insider or rolling stones

[by the way, Sephira, were you ever a member of KMC Forums?]

[EDIT: 300TH POST!!! THIS IS SPARTA!!!!!]

Yes i am, my usernames manslayer there, on KMC there are serious vs threads, like malak vs vader or NJO luke vs revan

Over there the people are very strict about canon and over there vader isn't underrated as he is at the moment

^^^

Can't anyone see it was in jest? I was teasing! :) Besides, it's in the hands of the user... the Darkside may be stronger, but not strong enough to help maul kill Obi-wan etc... Yoda may be biased, but his explanation makes sense to me, and reflects the way the Dark charactors have been written, and explains there ultimate downfalls.

Logic fails. Dooku also beat Anakin on Geonosis, and both of them drastically improved their skill since then.

As did Dooku. If he hadn't, they would've been able to take him easily. Dooku and Obi-Wan both had the time and opportunity to bring themselves up. But I've already stated why Makashi is effective against Soresu. The reason Anakin became so much more powerful was because he wasn't even finished with his training, and his potential had barely been realized. It really became evident during the Clone Wars.

Archived