Home

Reasons why Microsoft can suck it...

Darth Groovy

Which version of Halo 3 did you purchase?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Which version of Halo 3 did you purchase?

• Regular
    • Limited
    • Legendary

This thread is liable to cost me my job, but I don't care. It will be worth it just to vent.

Tonight I defected out several copies of the Halo 3 Limited edition. This is the one in the metal box, NOT the one with the miniature Master Chief Helmet. The way they packaged this thing is complete bull****. It rests on a lousy spindle just behind the front of the box. Well MOST of these games slipped loose in transit, and therefore most of the discs are scratched including mine. These were "LIMITED", which means that I won't get any more, and I will have SEVERAL unhappy customers tomorrow. We were originally not allowed to open this product until late this afternoon, otherwise we might have caught the problem, and been able to make arrangements with our customers. Again, thank you so much Microsoft.

Also, Microsoft sent us no promotional merchandise what so ever for this event, and nothing for the staff as well. Our reward is one copy of the regular edition for our store. Thanks again.

Between this, the three rings of death on the Brokebox 360, and over all lack of focus on your customer base, I am coming very close to selling all of my 360 stuff off for cash on general principles. Thanks to Microshaft, I HATE my job right now...

Can't WAIT to see the explanation for this blunder...

Yeah, we defected out probably 10 copies at our store. Those were just the ones that were scratched really badly. Who knows how many are needlessly damaged.. We haven't even opened half of our stock.

If my replacement Xbox breaks when I get it back (which it probably will), I will make sure I sell a PS3 to every last potential 360 customer this holiday season.

I send at least half a dozen brokebox 360s back to the DC every single week. Despite it being high priced, and slow moving with a piss poor selection of launch titles, at least I have only sent maybe 2-3 PS3s since the launch. At least the damn things work. Honestly the only thing that keeps me coming back to my 360 is my damn buddy list, Bioshock, and Rainbow Six Vegas...

wow, our store (walmart) had about a line of 20-25 people. they had plenty of copies of Halo 3, not sure if any got returned. (i bought standard edition) but they sure had alot of promotional stuff for it, the huge display poster, stuff about it on the tvs, while we were waiting in line they passed out halo 3 dog tags as well. The only thing they didn't have was preordering, which is probably what made the line small.

I went with my friend who preordered it to Meijer last night to get it. Thats pretty much the only store around this college. I think the only edition they got was the standard edition, and they ony had 29 copies. There were probably 10 preorders that got theirs first and then 19 or so for the line of about 100. I bet a lot of people weren't happy.

A good friend of mine was "sick" yesterday with "food poisoning" and he went to stand in line at a local gamestop at 7:00. He says the count was six hundred people in line.

All that work and he didn't skip school the next day, and only got to play one mission last night after coming home.

A good friend of mine was "sick" yesterday with "food poisoning" and he went to stand in line at a local gamestop at 7:00. He says the count was six hundred people in line.

All that work and he didn't skip school the next day, and only got to play one mission last night after coming home.

He got a legendary edition without a preorder though :p

Dude, you should not have to pay 69.99 for a scratched copy of anything. Period.

I actually had a women call the local police on me today for selling defective merchandise, and she made a big scene in front of a store full of customers. I waited on several hundred people today due to Halo 3. Thanks again Microsuck, you have no idea how it is on the front lines.

I preordered mine and collected it yesterday at the offical launch event. Both my discs were still intact and none were scratched. Theres a little weird looking mark on my essentials disc though, but the disc ran fine. My friend got the same edition on the same day. Her discs were fine as well.

As for the game, pretty sweet. Almost done with the fight. :)

EDIT: Could the packaging design for the tin case be different for the US and Asian versions of the game? Cos mine says made in singapore on the slip cover thingy. All of the manuals including the bestiarum book were written in two different languages. English and chinese. There were some things missing as well, such as the Halo Wars coming in 2008 ad leaflet, and another which says a mongoose is faster than something. (Based on what i saw in the IGN video) And i swear, the plastic thing which holds the disc. Its really really secure. And i even had some difficulties taking the disc out for the first time because it felt like it was stuck there.

Theres a possibility that the case design for the two different regions could be different. My guess is the asia pacific version (The one i got) may have a better design in the case.

Archived