Home

Nostalgia

DarthMuffin

The only reason JA sold is coz the rest of the Jedi Knight series had such good storylines.

SO true! it was expected to be good, but it wasnt. its sales can be attributed to the its great predecessors, but once people found out it wasnt that good, sales dropped.

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't expect my topic to still be on the front page after 4.5 years. I guess nostalgia does run pretty deep with this game.

Anyway, I just played through the JO single player again. I could quote myself from the first post and it would sum up my thoughts perfectly. I was still amazed by the game. Only downside is that it was shorter than I recalled. I played it through Steam and it recorded a playtime of 6.5 hours. Of course after beating the game countless times I know my way around the levels by heart, but still.

JO is a true gem, it's a shame we don't get games like this anymore.

• 2 months later...

Other than the lackluster "gun missions" at the beginning (hampered by bad gun-play on anything but "easy" difficulty) I really enjoyed the single player campaign in JK2. I thought JKA's was more fun, and ultimately JK/MotS felt more groundbreaking (especially JK1), but still great overall. (and JK1/MotS are still supported via places like JKhub.net and Massassi.net)

I lost interest in JK2 multiplayer mainly because it seemed like it was ONLY 1 on 1 duels that people were playing (if they were even playing and not role playing). JKA was more fun for me online, though a couple of things in JK2 felt a little better (like CTF). I still run my dedicated server for JKA. Can't help you with JK2 though.

• 3 weeks later...
I didn't expect my topic to still be on the front page after 4.5 years. I guess nostalgia does run pretty deep with this game.

Anyway, I just played through the JO single player again. I could quote myself from the first post and it would sum up my thoughts perfectly. I was still amazed by the game. Only downside is that it was shorter than I recalled. I played it through Steam and it recorded a playtime of 6.5 hours. Of course after beating the game countless times I know my way around the levels by heart, but still.

JO is a true gem, it's a shame we don't get games like this anymore.

I wouldn't mind seeing a HD remake. Would bring some new blood to the game.

Also: https://www.facebook.com/NewJediKnightGame

• 1 month later...

Archived