Home

Halo 3

REDJOHNNYMIKE

Never been interested in Halo. Too much of a noob "oooh gun bang dead" shooter with a lame main character. Plus it's way overhyped. When i demo'd it, i did'nt feel there was anything special about it.

I can totally relate to that.

LEGENDARY UNDER ONE DAY? Some people. Really, i just can't belive how some people can finish a game on the hardest difficulty or read an entire 700-page book under a day!

Of course, I was swept up into the original Halo craze, ya know, linkin' up X-boxes all over the house and tryin' to organize mini-tourneys and stuff.

Halo2 fell on deaf ears as I was dissappointed in the redundancy and lack of imagination the second time around.

However, this time I'm experiencing quite an improved game, at least visual-wise, utilizing the new platform and an HDtv with audio pumping from my stereo.

The boards are chalk-full-O-goodies and there is no redundancy as all of them are different. I was expecting kinda the same ole thing as far as enviroments and enemies. But these are much improved as well. Since we start out here on Earth, the enviroments are a bit more familiar and the jungles are lush and vibrant visually. I was caught quite a few times looking around at the scenery and was promptly blown to bits.

Since I do have a job, and no more available sick days (thanks to Oblivion), I was unable to make a run for finishing it in record time. Nor would I have been able to do it anyway, especially on Legendary. RJM, hats off to you Master Chief. Way too difficult for my skills.

I didn't get too far on the solo campaign as my brother was waiting on my doorstep when I came home with the game Tuesday night. Co-op mode is as sweet as always. We run through missions together teaming up on objectives. There's no drop off in split screen visuals or any lagging at all.

The new vehicles are sweet, the double riding Ghost and the little mini-ATV are quite fun although I still prefer Warthogging it with my bro on the 50cal. I'm a better driver than him.:)

Love the two fisted weaponry. That's what God gave us two hands for.

Two-fisted sub-machine guns and a rocket launcher on my back is how I roll. A bubble shield and a few grenades in my pants and I'm ready to rock.

Yes, It's still just a FPS and button-mashing kill-all, but it is the best one out there now. I loved Gears and Lost Planet. Bio-shock was interesting, but this is Halo and it is much improved over it's predecesors. Replay value should be high. Just ask RJM, he's probably re-played it twice by now.:)

*slaps prime*

Why would you even ask?

Yes:D

I do wish the armor customization was better...

The torso armor only changes accessories on the chest (adds a Gearsish knife on the chest, lights, extra plating, etc.) and you can't modify the lower half of your body at all.

Even if you don't care for Halo's main story, and find trying to play with spoiled 12 year olds online somewhat annoying, it's worth it just to get some friends together and mess around with FORGE.

Never been interested in Halo. Too much of a noob "oooh gun bang dead" shooter with a lame main character. Plus it's way overhyped. When i demo'd it, i did'nt feel there was anything special about it.

I've never been a FPS-fan, and I haven't played a lot of them, but I played the first Halo (on PC) and I found it quite enjoyable. I didn't think the main character was lame, I find him rather cool. Of course, the hype is beyond me too. It thought it was a good game, but it's not like it's the "God of all games".

The first Halo was alright, but not alot of shine, and the second half of the story mode was literally like going backwards through the first half. Halo 2 was an improvement in story and gameplay IMO, and Halo 3 is like taking the best of both games, making it look and play ten times better than it did before, and tossing in some really nice weapons and equipment to literally blow everyone away with. The only thing I can blame Halo for is the multiplayer, for every Halo game - nay, every game with online capabilities - has one very lethal flaw in it: attracting a number of people who are the sole reason I hate going to online servers. Here's a standard script of what the average Halo gamer says online:

When he gets a kill, any kill, doesn't care about how he got it - "OMG PWNED I ROCK U GOT PWNED BY MY 1337 SKILLZ"

When he gets killed, once again, doesn't matter how he got killed - "OMG NOOB U SUCK UR A NOOB U KILLED ME SO UR A NOOB, I CAN'T BE KILLED UNLESS BY A NOOB... NO0O0O0O0O0O0O0OB!!!

Then there's the people who cheat, use hacks, or stupid tactics to win, or just go around killing their own teammates in team games, for no reason other than to tick everyone else off.

-"AIMBOT FTW!!!"

-"I'll just stay here and kill everyone the second they respawn, that'll get me alot of kills! I am so smart, and my skills are uncomparable! I AM 1337!!!"

-"I want that gun/sword/vehicle/spot!" (or "I just want to kill you!") *kills his own teammate*

Then there's just the weird people who I will never understand:

-*starts a racist tirade for any reason, whether he was killed by someone, or he killed someone, just any excuse for him to continually use the "N" word or any other pejorative comment he can*

-"So... who wants to get naked with me?"

-Who wants to be friends? Anyone?! I WANT TO BE ALL YOUR FRIENDS!!! *Later, when I refuse his offer to be friends, since he is the same guy who teamkilled me ten times* FINE I HATE YOU! GO TO HELL! I DON'T WANNA BE FRIENDS WITH A N00B ANYWAY! *And then he teamkills me again*

WARNING: These people cannot be avoided, and they will appear with no prior warning, so extreme caution should be used around these individuals. Just thank the maker for the ability to ban these morons from the server. Of course, if the server host is one of these kinds of people, then you might as well just go to another server.

This Public Service Announcement was brought to you by the "Please Stop Being A N00B" Foundation.

There's a real easy solution for the annoying children who play Halo 3 multiplayer. Mute their microphone. I haven't played MP yet, so don't know if that's an option in game, but I remember doing something to that effect for Saint's Row through the XBox Guide. Also sumbit bad player reviews.

I, personally, don't plan to use voice communication during a game with random people. I'm going to find out how to disable it and just shoot people. With people I know, there's a chance I might dig out the headset.

As for the single player. I'm just now beating it on Normal. Thought it was pretty cool. The vehicle levels are awesome. Gotta grab some people and do hard/legendary co-op. I read you still gain achievements for beating the game during co-op. There's also forge.

I can totally relate to that.

LEGENDARY UNDER ONE DAY? Some people. Really, i just can't belive how some people can finish a game on the hardest difficulty or read an entire 700-page book under a day!

I totally agree!! I once read like 250-300 pages in one night, but I was REALLY into the book, me I actually like to get my moneys work on the game, slow and steady wins the race!! :)

Archived