Home

Calling Maxstate

BushidoBoy

Taking out animations and editing them is easy. First go here and get Dragon (Wudan's Forum). 0.89 is the most ecent though I prefer 0.7. Extract Dragon, put the _humanoid.gla in the folder then point the avatar file to it. Then ,when in Dragon, bring down the console (~ key) and type "impframe <frame number> <number of frames>" replacing the <> with your details then edit away.

As for putting them back again or into another GLA I think it would be best if you looked at this manual as it explains it quite well (its how I learnt). The section on it is at the bottom. GLA Merge comes with 0.7 or there is a link in the forum.

This is the only way I know of 'switching' animations between GLA files.

I haven't kept myself busy with .gla's (yet) but I think if you want to use them the easiest is to use the GLA merger thingy and then just level out the anim.cfg additions with each other.[/Quote]

I'm not sure what you meant by this Maxstate but if it works please tell me because it sounds alot easier

If you need some tips on the basics of Dragon look in the manual, around the forum or post again here and I'll help if I can.

BTW if there are any specific animations that this mod needs doing that will actually get implemented (not redoing the whole saber system style thing but more death animations etc.) I'll have a go. I can't promise anything as I'm currently animating for the Clone Wars Mod (any coders, modelers etc. would be appreciated) but I'll try.

Thanx a bunch! when i get back to my other comp i'll give it a try. by the way is it messed up to use anims from other mods? i wanted to use some from MB2 and Chaos Force Unlimited(i heard the guy who worked on it worked with us a bit to make his mod). The blocking anims in CFU would look awesome in OJP(upside down saber blocks and such), and if you havent seen the falling anims in MB2 then ur missing out. they would look perfect with our mod's sabersystem, so if anyone has a proceedure on how to use their anims it would be sick. thanx again

Sorry man been awfully busy lately.

If you want to create your own animations use Dragon, yeah, but as I think I understand you just want to merge OJP anims and edit them with other anims from other mods... I think you need to get the GLA Merger from RazorAce of which the function I speculate is to merge two different GLA files into one. If you have the correct GLA files, ones that support the new additions to the animation.cfg you shouldn't have a problem with just copypasting the information in the configs from there.

I've pretty much given up on animations in general so have fun and good luck.

where do i get that?

As I said in my post it is in the 0.7 version of Dragon and I think it is also somewhere in Wudan's forum.

As for merging animations from the different mods you could just use the merger however you will merge every animation in both glas e.g. if you merged MB2 and Chaos Force's gla's you'd get two copys of each of the basic animations as well as a gla with around 40,000 frames.

If you follow my post and the dragon tuitorial you should be able to extract seperate parts of the gla's and merge them, reducing you file size considerably. What do you plan to do anyway?

I think the GLA Merge is included with Dragon. But you can also get it off the editting forums on this website.

Anyway, if you're interested in doing a lot of merging of animations, you might want to also get my fancy animation.cfg merger off the OJP repository.

well i wanted the block to be probably one of the side blocks like in CFU. Is there a way to add variations?(2 anims for the same attack picked randomly)if so then i would just add to the original OJP gla

It would be possible, but the amount of work required would be prohibitive.

Archived