Home

Knights of the force

linken

What do you think about Knights of the Force?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about Knights of the Force?

• Can't wait to see it!
    • The Ultimate Mod
    • Demo Pwns
    • Website is cool
    • I don't give a care on what other people say, Knights of the Force isn't fake.
    • Its a Hoax
    • It's never gonna release
    • Big Fake
    • Knights of the Force is a Hoax
    • Other

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Other - Knights of the Force is a scam. I can't catergorise it as a hoax because 'Tim' has taken loads of money from people as donations for KOTF and it is never coming out. A hoax sounds more like something that was a silly joke not a scam where he takes money from people for nothing.

Its also illegal in the code hacking department.

I continue to campaign that threads like this shouldn't be started and talk of KOTF should be banned.

• 2 weeks later...

I second that! Infact LF should be filtered for the mere combination of the letters KOTF! It was, is and always will be a SCAM, period; so all you silly rabbits out there defending it better wake up to the facts and start playing or supporting real mods like the Open Jedi Project or Movie Battles.

:lol: I bet all those fans of Tim are just wetting themselves with excitement since Tim has mentioned on his website that the mod will be out definately this October and that he is just 'bugfixing', but oh yeah i almost forgot he's been 'bugfixing' for the last 6 months or something now; what a joke......

as much as i don't believe what i'm about to say, either, don't you people think he could be coming up with these random excuses just to postpone the release, that way people might appreciate it if it actually finally comes out? as i said, i doubt it, too. however, i think it's a sliver of a possibility

as much as i don't believe what i'm about to say, either, don't you people think he could be coming up with these random excuses just to postpone the release, that way people might appreciate it if it actually finally comes out? as i said, i doubt it, too. however, i think it's a sliver of a possibility
It's a possibility, yes but he's been coming up with these excuses for well over a year now, so it just shows he lyin' and well really does need to find another hobby. ;)

I would agree if he wasn't taking loads of donations. If he's just ironing out bugs he shouldn't need donations so he really should put up an anouncement that he will no longer be taking donations as he doesn't need them. If he's serious about modding (which from his trailers it looks like he could be if he wanted to be - although I seriously question how much strain he puts on the game engine with that many npcs) he would never have taken a whole year doing bug fixes.

There are many reasons KotF is an illegal project. Let's go through some now, shall we?

1. He is asking for donations or money for a mod. Someone hasn't read the EULA!

2. If he has changed SO much to SP, that means he must have gotten the SP code from somewhere. He must have decompiled or reverse engineered the code. Illegal. Again, someone should read the EULA!

3. He has NOT asked permission to use other peoples models/maps. He may have given credit to them, but he needed permission first.

4. He has confused ignorant people who do not know better, and now are flooding him with "donations".

5. He said somewhere that he was going to release this as a full game if he gets the chance. Sorry, mate! Read the EULA and the GPL.

I made a comment on his most recent "news flash!", saying something to that effect. It never got uploaded.

Com'on, I'm just wating for someone to challenge me. :p

SO...no KotF fan boys have an answer to my above post? I guess that means that KotF loses! :)

ROTFL!!

well october is almost over boys and it doesn't look as though this mod will be making yet "ANOTHER" release date. lol

There are many reasons KotF is an illegal project. Let's go through some now, shall we?

1. He is asking for donations or money for a mod. Someone hasn't read the EULA!...

...4. He has confused ignorant people who do not know better, and now are flooding him with "donations".

I wouldn't say the donations are illegal as they are donations and so are not linked to the project legally. People get around drink license and the such by asking for donations for drinks to cover costs at events.

I do agree that it is dispicable though.

I only said GPL because I was not sure where it would go under. I read the EULA ages ago, when I first installed the game, and to be honest I kinda skipped through it. I still got the jist of things, though.

He is asking for money for a modification. That's not really the thing to do, but of course he gives the excuse he needs it for his new PC.

Anyway, two more days and we'll figure out.

Ok, I'll bet my 300 or so whiny posts that his next one will be:

"Ok, I was about to release it when I realized the .pk3 name was KotF.pk3 not KotFFinal.pk3. It will be released somewhere in 2008, when I get the .pk3 file renamed. These things take time, you know!"

I lose, ask a mod to change my post count to 1 and give you 300 extra. :p Not much, but you wanted to bet.

wtf is this guys problem, I post reply on his KOTF site how many times, and he won't put my message up. Can't he take any criticism?, I only post "what is the delay?" When you look at all the messages its all oh great mod and whatever but have they actually seen the mod? no. All those messages are probably fake too.

Archived