Home

Knights of the force

linken

What do you think about Knights of the Force?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about Knights of the Force?

• Can't wait to see it!
    • The Ultimate Mod
    • Demo Pwns
    • Website is cool
    • I don't give a care on what other people say, Knights of the Force isn't fake.
    • Its a Hoax
    • It's never gonna release
    • Big Fake
    • Knights of the Force is a Hoax
    • Other

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3. He has NOT asked permission to use other peoples models/maps. He may have given credit to them, but he needed permission first.

This is a big one for me. It really upsets me when someone uses another persons work and proper credit is not given. Unfortunately this happens all too often. Tim and Pitchest Heart (ForceMod III Advance) have a lot in common.

Tim lead me down the road of anticipation for about 6 months. After the October "failed" release I was conviced he was a fraud. Now, in my eyes, he is just emberressing himself.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I think the mod isn't fake because of the movies and cebit presentation, but i just don't understand why he doesn't release it. And why nobody who have purchased the dvd complains about don't have received?

And i agree with Forceboat, we gonna see nothing.

• 4 weeks later...

It's not fake but it won't be released I wanted to play KOTF but he used other peoples mod maps actors and ships but now it's just lies I hate Tim He promised it would be out last year in May lies but he lies and it' scam wake up to yourselves some Dim Wit

Is gonna get scammed cos of him i won't bother with KOTF.

It's apparently only so large because the game's base assets and a bunch of unmodified files from JKFiles/LucasFiles/JediMoves where just thrown in there to give the illusion of it being a full mod.

The "mod content" itself comes up to about 180mb.

I advise anyone thinking of downloading this to check out the ModDB pages. Judging from the comments there, sounds like there might be something hinky in the file. Can't test it myself, though, broadband times out long before the download comes close to finishing, but it does sound rather suspect on both sides to be honest.

Well I played it.

Its nothing special..

Its a big map / skin / weapons pack..

The map contain some new npc's / vehicles..

But Tim didn't even make this himself, 95% is taken and edited.

A new menu, some new effects, do you call this a mod?

I think people can actually make this in less then a year.

It's got NetCat.A openly included, which is some nasty sh- er, stuff. Dunno if that ActiveX thing is true or not, but if there is an ActiveX control in there, there shouldn't be, and I wouldn't trust it as far as I could throw an elephant.

Trojans, I don't have the foggiest, I didn't bother downloading it. But, if it's true that a lot of people using a lot of different virus scanners are all picking them up, doesn't sound like a coinky-dink to me.

Just apply Rule Numero Uno: "If in doubt, delete."

I would like to try it, but it looks like there are trojans there. If anyone have played it without any problem please tell me.

lol i had problems, u better dont download it.

after i pressed "install", it disabled my fire wall. dont know what happened, some kind of bug. my fire wall didnt work till i removed the mod.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the heads up. I was going to get around to downloading it, but after all the helpful advice and info you guys have posted here, I will NOT be downloading this. Hell, I have single player movie mods from all three of the prequel movies made by JayZ, Berry Bremer and Sebastian "sebcrea" Barz that were a lot better than this and at least didn't have something in there to infect your computer...yeesh.

anyways i think this mod isnt that interessting as the Dark Forces I and II Mod.

Some people also told me that Kotf contains maps that already have been made by other mappers like the Episode 1 Duel of the Fates Map... So there isnt much new.

Archived