Home

PS3 or 360? No fanboys

Bomberman65

I, personally, would go with a 360. There are maybe 2 or 3 games on the PS3 that interest me. The 360 has tons of games out now, and some awesome upcoming titles.

Plus, I have a feeling that there won't really be many "exclusives" for the PS3. Look at GTAIV. If anything does show up as "PS3 exclusive," it probably just means the 360 will have to wait a couple of months.

I don't have either one. I feel it's important for you to know, however, that the new Xbox 360s with the 65nm Falcon CPUs and ditched x-clamps are starting to hit the street. (The first ones being the new Halo edition 360s) This means that the Red Ring O' Death is going to be a thing of the past.

I've been waiting for years for this update and now that it's here I think I'm finally going to take the plunge and buy a 360 ...er... when I have money for it that is.

In conclusion, get one of the very very new 360s and you won't regret it for even a minute. :)

I'd listen to Rhett. Wait for the new 65nm Falcon editions to get a 360. I bought an Elite when it was released, but now I hear about this, I'll want to get the Falcon editions.

Plus, there some great games that are on the Xbox 360, that are not on the PS3. BioShock and Gears of War, for example. And Mass Effect will be coming out soon for the Xbox 360 as well.

I used to despise Xbox, only till about April earlier this year, I considered looking at one, and I've enjoyed every bit of it since then. :)

well if your considering a ps3, wait a few weeks as well. I heard a price drop is in order.

Plus if your buying a 360, remember to factor in the cost of subscribing to xbox live, plus other necessities such as a wireless adapter.

Either way, as it presently stands, the ps3's library is nothing compare to the 360's.

I have a very laggy sat connection and as such, have not been able to partake of Live. Forgive me for the ignorance of this question but is there a free version of Xbox live? I thought there were two levels. :confused:

There's Xbox Live Gold, the full version, and the Xbox Live Silver, which pretty much just lets you do everything the Gold version does except all the fun things like multiplayer.

Anyway, I'd definitely go for the Xbox 360. Many, many more games are out and will come out for it within the next few months than for a PS3. Mass Effect, for instance, will be likened to the second coming of Christ within history books.

The "new" 360 is improved guts. From the outside, on the shelf, nothing is new about it.

Depending on how my customer support experience with Microsoft wraps up will determine if I suggest a PS3 or a 360. If my replacement breaks, I will be Sony all the way. I should not be punished for being an early adopter.

I'd say Xbox 360, hands down. My family just got one, and I'd say I'm quite impressed. Halo 3 is certainly kickass, and new games like Crysis, Battlefield: Bad Company, and Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare will certainly make it a greater console. I also did some extensive research on graphics, and the Xbox 360 seems to top the PS3 in virtually every category (this compares games that are of similar "newness" for each console, such as a one-year-old PS3 game to a one-year-old Xbox 360 game).

I'm also loving the media center functionality. My only complaint is the lack of a free online gaming system.

- PR-0927

@PR-0927 - Crysis? on Xbox 360? Where did you hear that? As far as I am concerned, it's only on the PC, otherwise, I'd have listed it.

So what's the difference

The Xbox 360 Falcon is the codename given to the latest revision of the xbox 360. The new "falcon" models comes with a smaller CPU and a simplified new heatsink. The CPU has been shrunk from its original 90nm chips to the cooler and less energy-consuming 65 nm process. The new CPU which uses less heat is expected to reduce hardware failures supposedly caused by the console overheating. Making the CPU at 65nm is also a cost-cutting measure for Microsoft, as the chip will be smaller and 50 percent less expensive to manufacture. However, the GPU of these new model remains the same, at the 90 nm

Regarding the date, I am not sure. Last I heard, it is suppose to be sometime this fall.

Some of the Halo Edition have already shipped with them. I'd expect new production runs of the standard 360s to be getting the Falcon now too. The terrible x-clamp that was supposed to compress the heat sink onto the CPU was half the problem as well and now that's gone too. :)

I'd look around in the next few weeks and see which production runs start getting the new chips. Then it's a matter of hunting one of the newer ones down in your area.

The oncoming lower priced version of the PS3 appears to be a gimped version. They're knocking the hdd down to 40gb, removing the multi-memory card port, removing half the usb ports and also stripping it of backwards compatibility altogether and I'm fairly sure it's still going to be $399 when it hits stateside.

Archived