Home

PS3 or 360? No fanboys

Bomberman65

I would go for the PS3 because of the games.

SPECIALY Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots.

And I honestly think the graphics will be better in the end...

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/zeropunctuation/1383-Zero-Punctuation-Console-Rundown

Watch from 1:20. The PS3 is riding on this:

"Buy a PS3! It might be really good at some uncertain point in the future."

Heavenly Sword was a disappointment and Lair sort of fell on it's face. The two blockbusters MGS4 and FFXIII look good though. But MGS4 isn't coming out for 3 to 5 months, and it may just be another giant cutscene with "it's getting old fast" gameplay and controls.

Next, FXIII is scheduled for "2009", and if any of the articles I've read in the gaming magazines it won't be releasing anywhere outside Japan for 6 to 12 months after that. So we may be waiting 2 1/2 years. Seriously, if you're that big of a FF fan, it'd be better to get the console that's best for you now and get the PS3 when FFXIII is around the corner.

---

While on the 360's case, it's getting so many big names within the next 4 months it's crazy. And on the case of some of the multi-platform games, getting them first. And almost every 360/PS3 title that has come out the 360 has always been "the better version" even if only by a small margin. And look at the community, just in Lucas Forums so many people have a 360 so that we can play with each other. While PS3 owners are really a minority.

Great games that have come out in the last few months:

Halo 3 - BioShock - skate. - Eternal Sonata - DiRT - Forza 2 - Project Gotham Racing 4

In the near future:

Mass Effect - The Orange Box - Beautiful Katamari - Assassin's Creed - Rock Band - Guitar Hero III - Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway - Army of Two

2008:

Alan Wake - Lost Odyssey - Age of Conan - Battlefield: Bad Company - Banjo-Kazooie 3 - Burnout Paradise - Devil May Cry 4 - Fable 2 - Fallout 3 - Grand Theft Auto IV - Mercenaries 2: World in Flames - Soulcalibur IV - Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - Tom Clancy's EndWar - Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction - Unreal Tournament 3 - Halo Wars - Ninja Gaiden 2 - Kane & Lynch: Dead Men

Seeing as how I have a Wii, Xbox 360, and a PS3. I have used the Xbox more than anything else. I played the PS3 maybe a dozen times for Resistance: Fall of Man. Which was an okay game. Other than that the PS3 is my DVD player.

Winner: Xbox 360

Also if you get the Xbox you can add about 99% of the people posting in this thread to your friends list.

Winner: Xbox 360

Also if you get the Xbox you can add about 99% of the people posting in this thread to your friends list.

that is if he has broadband or dsl connection. if you don't have that, xbox live is one of the main reasons to get a 360, otherwise you can do just about every game on a decent computer.

Yeah, get a 360. The new Halo 360s have the 65nm CPU, (although I was certain it was the GPU that was always f***ing up and causing the red ring of death, but I digress) which will hopefully mean no more red rings of death. And even if it does die on you, they will replace it.

And even some of the new Pro models (IE mine) have a different heatsink (not the one on the falcon ones) that also helps out.

Seriously, the Wii60 really is the best console of this generation though, so if you can, I suggest getting a Wii as well :D )

EDIT: Another thing the 360 has that no-one else has mentioned is the Achievement system, where every single game has things you do to unlock achievements, and as simple and stupid as that sounds, it's very satisfying. For instance, In Halo 3, I purposely lost 3 matches in a row, just to get the achievement for running someone over with the Mongoose. They're simple, and stupid, but as addicting as a cigarette wrapped in bacon that was marinated in crack.

Hmm I'm thinking I might get a 360 mainly cause I think it'd be fun to play halo 3 online. But I'm still not sure. I guess the real thing is that its Snake vs Chief, MGS vs Halo. I just don't know what one is better and what one I like more. I've got MGS 1-3 and Portable ops and I've got Halo 1 and 2 and Halo Zero, but thats a diffrent matter. I just don't know wat one is better.

Another reason why I'm turned off of the PS3 is all the stuff I'm hearing about backward compatibility. It seems Sony isn't being clear about what's going on.

PS3 originally shipped with hardware BC right? Which I heard was better than the 360's software emulation. The original Xbox games I've played on the 360 using BC suck balls. There's usually glitches and weird effects.

You're wasting your money on the PS3, honestly. Maybe some day in the future it will have decent games, but at the moment, the game selection is rather limited. The graphics are also not as great as the Xbox 360's (if that matters to you).

And I'd say Halo over MGS. The third one was definitely the best, and significantly different from the second one (and more similar to the first one), in a good way.

- PR-0927

Things liks MGS4 are now also being developed for 360.

As much as I would like it to be, I'm pretty sure it's not. The rumor has been around for over 6 months and every time it comes up, it gets slapped down. It would be like Gears of War jumping over to the PS3, we're in that kind of territory.

Thing is, unless you have one of those expensive TV thingy the graphics quality on a PS3 is not that much better than a 360.

Err. No, so far 360 games have looked better on the whole better than the PS3 versions of game. From better lighting and textures in Madden games, graphical glitches in PS3 skate., slightly crisper look in DMC4, and the delays for PS3 versions of multi-platform like DiRT and the Orange Box.

The only multi-platform game that I have seen that was better on the PS3 was DiRT, which runs smoother than the 360 version. But it did have three more months in development time. (360 in June, PS3 in September).

I dunno. There's been lots of rumors flying recently, and honestly, I wouldn't be surprised to see it eventually end up on the 360. I mean, MGS2 and 3 ended up on the Xbox eventually.

No, MGS2 did, MGS3 did not. One of the reasons why I got the PS2 is because I wanted to play Snake Eater after I had played MGS2 a few times on my Xbox. Well, after all the wait I haven't even finished the game yet. The controls are just way too complicated. To peak around a corner requires you to hold down two buttons. To jump out and fire requires a 3rd button. And because just shooting is a waste of bullets, you gotta hold down a 4th button and then aim with your right thumbstick. And when you want to go back around the corner, you better hope you let go of the right buttons or you'll just end up standing in the middle of a fire-fight.

Archived