Home

Sam & Max Season Two - What Needs To Happen?

The Tingler

I never noticed any lisping really, but a sensible suggestion nonetheless, one that opens up a whole new can of worms. The file size for the games is set at a rather meagre 70-odd Mbs, which is pathetic when compared to other games. And yet it's nice to know people with slower connections can still access these games.

Do you want these games to have bigger file sizes, and so have better sound quality on music and speech? Better textures and graphics? Just bigger games in general? Or do you think it's better for Telltale to stick where they are so more people can play their games?

Well, I played the game with headphones (no speakers) and for some voices the low sample rate got really annoying. I also noticed some compression artifacts on the music, but that didn't bother me as much.

I thought the graphics served the cartoonish look of Sam & Max well.

I think so too, but the non-cutscene animation can only improve. Very good now, but can be improved. Max needs more animations for a start. I still have fond memories of him tormenting that parrot in Hit The Road.

I think they might be adding new acting animations for the season, or at least it would be cool if they did. Didn't they say something about Sam putting his hands in his pockets now? I'd also like to see a Sam chin-rubbing animation a la Hit the Road - they did have those sweet couple of instances in season 1 where he would grab his chin, so rubbing would be the next sensible step.

The Tingler, you're not getting Hit the Road mixed up with Secret of Monkey Island, are you?

I think it's a parrot. Near the end, in the reception of the Bigfoot hotel there's a bird. Max will occasionally walk up to it and pull its feathers. In the same location, he also torments the automatic doors.

Well, didn't the Telltale guys say that one of the things that would happen more this season would be that the NPC's in general would move around more and interact with their environments? That would be pretty cool.

There were definitely some control issues that need to be worked on. There would be a few times, and for some reason Bright Side Of The Moon is the one where I had this happen the most, where I would click on something and Sam would walk in a different direction from what I clicked on.

I'd also like to see smoother "scene transitions". Am I the only one who, when the camera zooms up to the window after Sam & Max go back into their office building, wanted to see them through the window walking into their office?

One last thing, wouldn't it be great if they could get some of the actors from previous Sam & Max productions to guest star? I'd love to hear Bill Farmer and Nick Jameson again. And of course Denny Delk.

And the cartoon too definitely. Don't know how realistic that wish is, but we can hope!

There were definitely some control issues that need to be worked on.

I agree. The most common annoyance for me was clicking on something, or using something with something, and then bumping into Max along the way and having the action cancelled.

Archived