Home

Post Videos of your Epic Duelz

daluke

Sup all :p

Was wondering whether the 'daddios' of the Community could post a few videos of theirselves having duels with various people, and with various stances? I believe that if they were to be submitted to YouTube, it would credit the mod even further and would be a good means of advertising. Plus, it would make good viewing and may be beneficial to those new to OJP :king1: I've already seen a few videos posted of the OJP Vets dueling, and they're very impressive (I love the camera angles too :p)

Oh, and as a sidenote (sorry, but I have to say this): when fighting bots, they only seem to use Shii-Cho - is this a bug, or just something I have done wrong? Thanks dudes =D

Yes Yes...Another vid complete !!

Myself and Master Jon Hoc Ni using the ' Makashii ' style saber combat.

I've decided to experiment a bit, and add transitions in the vid. So you'll see some parts in 3rd person view, and some in 1st person ( trueview )

The 1st person view does look a bit rough I have to say. I had to try get the bits where combat wasn't as fierce and were somewhat appropriate in timings for a transition.

Anyway, let me know what you think....

- Xirra'Karre vs Master Jon Hoc Ni - Part 4 -

Enjoy !!

Yes Yes...Another vid complete !!

Myself and Master Jon Hoc Ni using the ' Makashii ' style saber combat.

I've decided to experiment a bit, and add transitions in the vid. So you'll see some parts in 3rd person view, and some in 1st person ( trueview )

The 1st person view does look a bit rough I have to say. I had to try get the bits where combat wasn't as fierce and were somewhat appropriate in timings for a transition.

Anyway, let me know what you think....

- Xirra'Karre vs Master Jon Hoc Ni - Part 4 -

Enjoy !!

Nice. I wanted you to win that, I'm glad you took that route. I was worried once you got low on FP though ;) Good video. Maybe one more good one from this collection and we can make some more in a different environment, but its up to you. I thkink this is actually bringing in more players or revitalizing alot of the community :D I've seen alot more players over this weekend.

I've sensed a stirring in the OJP community, as well as new players showing up !! I got the impression that some had tried older versions of OJP, forgot about it, then gave it another try.

Yea I'm looking for more decent footage from the collection of fights we had. My lagging didn't help. That resulted in my stagnation in some of the fights.

I also want to get more fights with staff vs single, staff vs staff, etc. I've practised with it a few times so when we next meet online, or should I meet other players then I hope to get some good footage.

You're right though, different locations would be a good idea. I prefer Taspir Landing because its just right in terms of flow, scrolling, lighting, etc.

If you or in fact anyone has a list of decent maps for a backdrop then let's hear some names...better still make some vids if you can.

Ones I like:

Imperial Control Room

Rift Sanctuary

Lightning Chamber - Jolt Map

Kamino Platform

Bespin Streets

BTW...I might be a little quiet over the next week or two. Helping a friend of mine with a project. I'll be lurking and, if possible, looking to spar online when I can.

• 1 month later...

Greetz all...

Been a while since posting anything. Ill health, job hunting, and other projects are to blame :p but yo...that's life !!

I've just finished another vid !! This time, I'm not the subject hehe.

It was recorded via spectator view so the movements are a little shaky.

Took JRHockney's advice into consideration and shot from a distance to capture both parties. I also circle the players for the most part. My attempt at a more cinematic feel LOOL !! Those who suffer motion sickness...you've been warned.

The movie is titled, OJP Chronicles, which suggests a collection of epic events. Some may agree, some may disagree. Either way it sounded good so I used it !!

It's a collection of about three matches, involving Master Jon Hoc Ni, and Padawan(1) <= ( JRHockney knows who ) with various out-comes. The final match, which involved another, is a little different but also interesting, which is why I included it.

Once again, I hope you all enjoy....

- OJP Chronicles -

Nice. And about the rotating around the players...might wanna work on that..:p. Makes me wanna start working on a camera scripting system.......

Yeah, I know what you mean. I was manually trying to rotate around them, and keep up. Moving in too close makes it harder to compensate for sudden movements.

I've been thinking about some sort of camera script where the host player, on playback, can lock onto targets and have the cam orientate automatically to keep both players in view eg:

If my target is ahead facing me then the cam would move behind me.

If the target moves to my right, the cam would orientate left 90degs so it'd be a side on view.

Players close = Decreased FOV

Players apart = Increased FOV

I'm not too familiar with the coding here. I guess if I research and pick at it, I'll be able to figure something out.

Apparently there's a mod called ' Red Slushie ' with advanced camera features, including automatic camera paths. As in you put in values and the cam follows it. Tried it with OJP, but it messes with the anims.

I'll keep trying, but maybe you'll have better luck with it ;)

I'm not too familiar with the coding here. I guess if I research and pick at it, I'll be able to figure something out.

Apparently there's a mod called ' Red Slushie ' with advanced camera features, including automatic camera paths. As in you put in values and the cam follows it. Tried it with OJP, but it messes with the anims.

I'll keep trying, but maybe you'll have better luck with it

Well when I have time i'll mess with it since to me it sounds like a fun project to work on.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived