Home

Reacting to damage

BushidoBoy

yo it's ur boi bushido again with another idea off the top. how about if we added new animations and triggers that happen when you get damaged, experiencing pain that stuns you for a split second or so and could turn the tide of the fight just in case the first hit doesnt kill u. it's worth a look at.

Called stumbles, knockaways and parries :)

I'm more for something that'll make stances more active and less 'stance'-y.

As in, for example; have the player bobbing and weaving when they draw their lightsabers, or something like that ??

um.. well I'm not for pain measuring animations. Heck half this system is based on deception. If we make it too obvious, it will make it alot harder to comeback from being low or hide it from your opponent. Besides, unless they go into a dodge, the concept of this saber system is that they are always able to block or dodge sabers and adding pain animations would take away from the realism since an opponent would most likely either be disabled or killed from a saber hit. Also, we need a person with dragon experience or experience with another program in order to create new animations.

i guess that does make sense. i'm preparing to learn how to animate so that i could add more visual enhacements to OJP and make it more attractive to fighting fans(I already love the way the fighting looks. It would look even better with movie-looking character animations). but it was an idea off the dome so o well

i guess that does make sense. i'm preparing to learn how to animate so that i could add more visual enhacements to OJP and make it more attractive to fighting fans(I already love the way the fighting looks. It would look even better with movie-looking character animations). but it was an idea off the dome so o well

Good luck learning to animate. We could definitely use an animator...and somebody who knows how to code them in, thou I'm sure darth die could figure it out. I hope your more successful at using dragon than I was last time I tried ;)

I'm willing to animate for you (I did mention it when trying to help Bushido Boy in the Calling Maxstate thread) if you think any animations I make will get added. It would help though if you posted what you want done :) . Hopefuly it will also tie in with my work on the Clone Wars Mod as I believe we are basing our saber system of yours (with your permission of course)

Hopefuly it will also tie in with my work on the Clone Wars Mod as I believe we are basing our saber system of yours (with your permission of course)

Yeah go for it. Its open source anyways. We need a more dynamic presence in the JKA world and that would help alot. If we can kinda become the new sabersystem that most new mods use, that would be the biggest achievement I think we could possibly have as far as what I would like to accomplish. The only hard part for you guys is deciding how to balance jedi vs guns..like it is for us. You may or may not agree with how we accomplish this in the end and may want to change it a bit.

Also, I hope everyone on your team has agreed to it. Theres always going to be that one or two people that are so stuck in the past that they are only base saberplay oriented. But as so many people on my server have said recently, "Man, why don't peoplel play this more! (insert JRHockneys explanation here) Aww, They don't know what don't know what there missing!!" :p

Also, I hope everyone on your team has agreed to it

Its still up in the air but I personally will fight for it. Though the Clone Wars Mod (it use to be the RC mod) is actually quite old no details seem to have ever been confirmed. I only became part of the team recently, and there's actually been quite alot of activity recently

we could use some better stumble/stunned animations

I'll give it a go, but first could someone just name a few of the current stumble animations as I can't seem to find them!? (I know there around here somewhere...:headbump) Just so I can get the exact positions to start from so they should (with luck) fit in seamlessly.

Hmmm... well as I've told Ace, my creative juices are flowing again and my internship is coming to an end... so out with notepad and modview again for me! I have an idea on how I'm going to make slightly better stance animations that will hopefully simulate 'breathing' movement but don't take my word for it just yet.

There was this JO mod...

Archived