Home

What if Revan and Malak are not their real names?

Jediphile

I think it's a good thing. :)

It would be...strange to just take your name and put 'Darth' in front of it.

I think Darth Malak is Alek, and the Revanchist Leader (or hooded Jedi) is Revan. Alek his name was just...changed a bit to reflect the character better. I recall the SW databank said something about a lightsaber accident severing his jaw. It would seem logic he would take on a Sith name that would help him bring up his inner hatred. And naming himself Malak (Latin for Jaw, I believe?). It also means that if it's called an accident, he must have had the injury in the time he was still a Jedi.

Same goes for Revan. It's basically just "Revenge" or "Revanche" spelled differently.

Fits perfectly with my ideas and feelings regarding the two Sith.

I agree, I think that everybody in the game calls himm Malak because that is his "famous" name. Revan's name is whatever you want it to be.

Meh...let's wait and see. If all the hints Alek gives us ("We should tattoo our heads" and "Talk about the dark side" and "I'm a little taller then before" ) we should see him get the 'jaw severing' in a few issues. We know it was an lightsaber accident.

The lightsaber accident didn't happen till after they became sith, Revan was injured during his fight with Mandalore on Malachor V, and Malak was injured sparing with Revan. (look at K1, when they get the dantoine star map he still has a jaw...)

Erm. Sounds sort of lame for Revan to do. Any reason why Revan would want to spar with Malak and cut his jaw off? You don't want to weaken your appericantes needlessly...that defeats the purpose.

I still believe it's a case of manly lightsaber shaving gone wrong (possibly involving Revan sneaking up behind Malak and shouting "Boo!" at the wrong moment), and the whole sparring thing is just a cover story to make it less embarrassing. :)

It was likely an accident in either case. It happens.

I'd like to see the cut scene of Revan apologizing to Malak for that.

Revan: Oh man, my bad. Sorry the lightsaber just slipped.

Malak: AHHHHH.

Revan: Don’t worry dude, I can fix that with some of HK's left over parts.

I would image if Revan did cut off Malak’s jaw off it was because Malak got a little too aggressive during their sparing match and Revan put him back in his place.

I still believe it's a case of manly lightsaber shaving gone wrong (possibly involving Revan sneaking up behind Malak and shouting "Boo!" at the wrong moment), and the whole sparring thing is just a cover story to make it less embarrassing. :)

LOL!!! Now thats a good sense of humor!:)

I want to put my two since in and say, Kreia was the first Sith Lord to actually take on an Alias, becoming Darth Traya. Any previous sith lords just put Darth infront of their name. Wookipedia stats that Revan and Malak were their real names, they just placed Darth in front of them.

As much as I like Wookieepedia, it is not an official source, so we don't know if Kreia was the first sith to take on an alias when using the Darth-title. Besides, John Jackson Miller didn't say Revan and Malak were definitely not their real names, he just suggested that they might possibly not be. To me that suggests that the idea is under consideration and will probably be based on fan feedback.

So Wookieepedia is correct in the sense that right now their names are Revan and Malak, since we really don't know any better. But that could change. Vader was never named Anakin until after Luke had the truth of his identiy confirmed by Yoda...

Could be. But I'd just like to refer to two cases:

1: Harry Potter - Voldemort.

His name was Tom Asmodon Riddle or something? He took on the mantle of Voldemort. Dumbledore KNEW this. In "Halfblood Prince" he says something among the lines of "I know you have taken up a new title, but you will also be Tom Riddle to me."

All his followers called him Lord Voldemort. None of the people around seemed to bother. It was after he claimed this title that he started the war. So he was known as Voldemort before he started doing bad stuff. Plus, people accepted the title.

At the risk of being marked as a complete Harry Potter fan (which I'm not, although I did enjoy the books), Voldemort's real name was "Tom Marvolo Riddle", which he took as an anagram and turned into "I am Lord Voldemort".

But yes, it's would be an example of just the same. Loads of people knew him as Riddle before he became Voldemort. Then again, he still isn't wasn't called that, since everybody just said "You-Know-Who" or "He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named"... (DISCLAIMER: I am NOT suggesting these as cool sith names!!) ;)

- We know Revan was powerfull. If the Hooded guy from the comics is Revan, he already had high-placed contacts with Lucien and such. I think he was already a powerfull Knigth when he entered the war.

We already know that Revan was considered someone of potential given that he studied under all those masters Kreia lists during TSL. If he had been the average jedi (like the exile), surely they would not all have consented to train him. (NOTE: This does not mean that I consider Revan the greatest jedi who ever lived or some such, as some people do. I merely consider him among the more powerful jedi of his time.)

Sorry Jediphile, what i meant was since they probably never will release Revan's name, to fans, his name is either Revan or what the player names them.

Ah yes. I misunderstood. My bad.

And yes, Revan (and exile for that matter) will always have whatever name, gender, appearance, alignment, class, etc. that people assigned to him/her when they played the game. I'm assuming we'll never see Revan's face or even gender in the comic book for that reason. Same with the exile btw.

Ah, Sorry...

I'm Dutch, and the 'real' name of Voldemort is Marten Asmodon Villijn or something. I already amazed myslef by knowing 'Tom' and 'Riddle.' But thanks anyways :)

And with the 'powerfull knight' statement, I meant that in terms of contact. A Jedi who would be appreciated by the council and it's politically stronger masters would certainly be allowed to do some more evil stuff then others.

That's what I meant. If it was really him who contacted Lucien, he must've had something to do with Lucien's secret little order as well. Maybe capable of 'playing' the whole council.

But of course, your statement about his absolute power is correct as well. I don't believe he's the strongest Jedi as well. Just a brilliant mix of charisma, power and connections.

I'd certainly like to think that Revan and Malak aren't their real names. Given the speculated origin of these names, one, or more of which of the speculations must be true, I think it'd be quite lame for them to have had those names from the very beginning, since it makes it seem as if they were meant to become who they became from the very beginning.

But yeah, I know. It's Star Wars, which means there's the Force and all that destiny crap.

Given what's been said of this Alek guy in this thread, I'd find it completely surprising if he wasn't Malak. I get the feeling if Revan isn't Revan's real name, whatever name they'll choose will be a unisex name, since from what I've heard, in spite of the fact that Revan is canonically LSM, they're keeping pretty much everything about the "Revanchist Leader" ambiguous.

And damn it that Revan accidentally cut Malak's jaw off in a lightsaber spar! In a KotOR III plot I've been working on, the main character in the JCW was a Jedi Knight who was responsible for cutting off Malak's jaw in a lightsaber duel, though he/she was forced to flee the battle due to the intervention of Darth Bandon.

Archived