Home

How to make textures

Master Niewiedzial

I am new to modding and I want to know how to make textures please someone tell me!

EDIT:

I forget to say I use GIMP

What texture for what? You need to either edit/replace one texture or build a model or a map part to put a new texture on.

Edit2:

And just a small question how to make animations so that the player can talk? I mean he can move his mouth.

Ok big ask that. It's possible but you need one hell of a lot of time to make NEW animations. See this. On the other hand you can script it into a cutscene by using the existing animations.

Could u be more specific on what u want as an end product as it isn't as easy as doing x and it applies to all cases?

Ok i get what u wanna do.

First you need to copy the boba fett .skin file and name it to another name. The file is in the same directory as the model and texture files.

Open the new .skin file and change the cape texture to the texture you want (this is your new texture file).

Create a texture with this name save as tga (I would). You could proberably do with ModView as this allows you to view the glm models without starting the game.

Ok i get what u wanna do.

First you need to copy the boba fett .skin file and name it to another name. The file is in the same directory as the model and texture files.

Open the new .skin file and change the cape texture to the texture you want (this is your new texture file).

This skins the new texture to your model's cape.

Archived