Home

mmorpg.com BIOWARE MMO poll , take a look..

zaykodroid

I really can't bear the prospect of a KOTOR mmo! It's horrible... I played SWG a few months ago and the community was just really nasty. It's the same crowd that would play a KOTOR MMO, I really don't want to have to associate with these kind of people just to get back into the KOTOR universe.

Unfortunately, since the NGE came out most of the veteran player base (myself included, I played for almost 2 years until the NGE) left and the servers were left teeming with ravid players who has no intentions of bringing the game back to what is once was. Before the NGE, SWG was said to have on of the most friendly and helpful player bases in all of games. When I first started out, you just had to ask a player for help (not like "OMG GIVE ME SUM CREDZ PLZ" but actually asking for help) and you would usually get it. IMO, i feel that if the mmo is star wars based, most, if not all of the old veteran players that made SWG such a great experience for me would come back.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On Gamespot.com, there's a rumor poll. One of the options is the Bioware MMO being KOTOR. The question is which rumor would you prefer it to be true. As of now, 33% voted for KOTOR being an MMO, behind GTA IV sporting a 16 player MP mode at 35%.

Of course, this internet poll does not represent the whole gaming community. Unfortunately for those against a KOTOR MMO, it's a sign that the potential is there.

Unfortunately, since the NGE came out most of the veteran player base (myself included, I played for almost 2 years until the NGE) left and the servers were left teeming with ravid players who has no intentions of bringing the game back to what is once was. Before the NGE, SWG was said to have on of the most friendly and helpful player bases in all of games. When I first started out, you just had to ask a player for help (not like "OMG GIVE ME SUM CREDZ PLZ" but actually asking for help) and you would usually get it. IMO, i feel that if the mmo is star wars based, most, if not all of the old veteran players that made SWG such a great experience for me would come back.

I had about 4 months on the pre-NGE system and yes it definately was better. I got wound up everytime I went to Eisely in NGE because of the "OMG GIVE ME SUM CREDZ PLZ" sort of attitude, argh annoying....

If KOTOR went that way though it would put me off it big time

As of now, 33% voted for KOTOR being an MMO, behind GTA IV sporting a 16 player MP mode at 35%.

Now see if they combined the two they would be catering to an even larger majority of players...

My Grand Theft Speeder: Coruscant dream is even closer to fruition! Muahahahaha! :xp:

Now see if they combined the two they would be catering to an even larger majority of players...

My Grand Theft Speeder: Coruscant dream is even closer to fruition! Muahahahaha! :xp:

GTS would be far much better than KOTOR MMO. The whole premise of GTS would be much more, shall we say, humorous (like the GTA series is, being a satire on America), so any canon-messing and the gameplay being terrible would be forgiven. Count me in.

Anybody tried accessing http://lucasartsbioware.com?

Let me try a whois. Something tells me maybe the domain is being registered by a hoaxster with far too much money.

EDIT: Confirmation. This is in fact offical-looking.

Domain Name: lucasartsbioware.com

Status: clientDeleteProhibited, clientRenewProhibited, clientTransferProhibited, clientUpdateProhibited

Registrar: GODADDY.COM, INC.

Whois Server: whois.godaddy.com

Referral URL: http://registrar.godaddy.com

Expiration Date: 2012-10-11

Creation Date: 2007-10-11

Last Update Date: 2007-10-23

Name Servers:

ns1.bioware.com

ns2.bioware.com

[quote name=SilentScope001

Let me try a whois. Something tells me maybe the domain is being registered by a hoaxster with far too much money.

EDIT: Confirmation. This is in fact offical-looking.

Domain Name: lucasartsbioware.com

Status: clientDeleteProhibited, clientRenewProhibited, clientTransferProhibited, clientUpdateProhibited

Registrar: GODADDY.COM, INC.

Whois Server: whois.godaddy.com

Referral URL: http://registrar.godaddy.com

Expiration Date: 2012-10-11

Creation Date: 2007-10-11

Last Update Date: 2007-10-23

Name Servers:

ns1.bioware.com

ns2.bioware.com

I think finally we learn the IP man.

this is KOTOR, after this point i am %100 sure.

It means beans though when you pull back and look at the bigger picture.
:confused: What is that supposed to mean? What is this "bigger picture" showing you?

FACTS:

- lucasartsbioware.com is hosted on BioWare's DNS servers and resolves to BioWare's home page.

- We don't know who the true owner of lucasartsbioware.com is.

- lucasartsbioware.com was registered on 2007 Oct. 11, the same day EA announced its acquisition of BioWare|Pandemic Studios.

If you know how to use nslookup to query one of BioWare's name servers this is what you get:

> server ns1.bioware.com

Default Server: ns1.bioware.com

Address: 204.50.199.2

> lucasartsbioware.com

Server: ns1.bioware.com

Address: 204.50.199.2

Name: lucasartsbioware.com

Address: 204.50.199.15

IMO this means either BioWare is making an effort to misdirect people into thinking they have something going on with LucasArts or BioWare is indeed involved with LucasArts on a project. Since both cases would likely require LucasArts consent (due to BioWare using the LucasArts trademark in this domain) I tend to think it's likely the latter, mainly because I don't think LucasArts execs would allow BioWare to use the LucasArts name simply to misdirect people, if that is all it is intended to be used for.

^^^

That seems to be the prevailing conclusion. :) Though I think BioWare developing a KotOR MMORPG is the strongest possibility it is not the only possibility. This latest piece of information does appear to confirm that BioWare is involved with LucasArts in some sort of project. That is about as far as I'm willing to take it.

I hope the mixed reaction from the KOTOR community will put Lucasarts off an MMO. Still hoping that this is about Lucasarts' non-star wars projects on the go that Bioware could be working with them on. Indiana Jones anyone? The film is in the works there's no reason why this can't be another Indiana game.

I hope the mixed reaction from the KOTOR community will put Lucasarts off an MMO. Still hoping that this is about Lucasarts' non-star wars projects on the go that Bioware could be working with them on. Indiana Jones anyone? The film is in the works there's no reason why this can't be another Indiana game.

Vaow, the mixed reaction ? 25 signatures ? LOL.

just go to gamespot and look at the poll at main papge, the rumors most want to be get real. Bioware KOTOR MMO, 2nd with over 15 000 votes.

Majority want KOTOR MMO. We want KOTOR MMO.

Listen, the majority are against KOTOR MMO. Look at the posts, look at the vents to see our anger and our hatred. We just don't bother with signing e-petitions because there is no point (and the polls on websites are VERY inaccurate). We don't decide, they decide. We only scream, vent, cry, and overall, won't spend our money. What's the point anyway? You don't control what the designers do either. It's LucasArts' IP.

And honestly? If KOTOR is going to come out with an MMO instead of #3, then there is no reason to play the KOTOR series anymore. After all, the storyline is likely going to be not that good (which is the only reason I play KOTOR). We'll see the True Sith get wiped off the face of the galaxy, that's certain, only it may take 3 years instead of 30 hours. Monthly fees are also a minus in my book. Maybe, just maybe, I might type up a "resigination" topic if Bioware does announce a KOTOR MMO, even though that's just a silly way to vent frustation at how they are "ruining the series".

Dragon Age really is better. It's original IP, meaning the MMO designers can do whatever they want to it. Plus, it has the word "dragon" in it, and if Dragon becomes a class in the Dragon Age MMO (unlikely), then that would really be interesting.

Thats all your thought. you cant say anything about "we are majority" unless you have a statistical data. I am giving you, you can check the poll on gamespot.com and mmorpg.com. and i dont understand the people who doesnt want a KOTOR MMO. yes, you can really want a KOTOR 3 game, a single player game, and i want it too also but we want an Online KOTOR experience, too. but I never said "HEy dont make a KOTOR 3 because we want MMO !". we have respect to the demand of others, but you are trying the sabotage ours.

Hmm, very interesting Char El. I can't see LucasArts letting BioWare register that domain if it was only to fool people. And it being registered on the same day of the acquisition puts more authority on the possibility that they are indeed working on something. Personally with that I have no doubt LucasArts and BioWare are working on something, whether it is a Knights MMO I wouldn't know.

Wrong. Majority want KOTOR3. Everyone will settle for a single player RPG in the style of K1 and TSL, not everyone will settle for an MMO. Of course if they're seperate products, no one's arguing.

And do you really think that petition shows the overall opinion of everyone that is waiting for KOTOR3? I wouldn't blame people for not bothering to sign it. It's hardly an official protest is it....

Erm, how do I know the majority want KOTOR3? Have you seen how many threads are around that give ideas for KOTOR3 and asking for KOTOR3 news? It's obvious.

I'm not arguing with your polls. Read my post. I've said:

EVERYONE wants KOTOR3 in some form.

Not everyone wants an MMO KOTOR3.

Everyone would be happy with a normal RPG for KOTOR3.

Evidence - before this rumour about an MMO came about, the hype was still there with 100% of the KOTOR players here about a normal RPG KOTOR3. No one argued that it should be an MMO unless I'm mistaken? And even if someone did, they were by no means a majority.

So based on that, common sense dictates that the obvious thing to do is to make an RPG.

And this arguing over what the majority wants is pretty much irrelevant. As SilentScope001 said, it's not our choice what the game becomes.

Well, since none of you actually know whats going on and are throwing around debates based on theory and rumor...

Like Silent said, you can hate the idea all you want, but I doubt that will change the fact that -something- is being made. Do we know 100% that it is a KOTOR MMO? No. Do we know for fact a majority or minority wants or does not want the game? No. Will your personal opinion have any effect on the outcome of this game? No. From the news, the MMO is already playable and in an early beta at Bioware, so whatever it is they have done regardless of the community.

Is anybody forcing you to play this game? No. Sure, a lot of you may be ticked that you probably wont be playing KOTOR III, but you still don't have to accept the MMO has been been made and you don't have to accept the story is true.

So, until whatever game they are making is announced and confirmed 100%, don't try and bite at eachother's throats.

No i dont. if there will be no MMO just KOTOR3 i wont be happy and there are thousands of people wont be happy.

if you say "majority of fans want kotor 3" then you must have evidance. proof. NUMBERS. if you have not then please..

Then please, give me evidence that thousands of people won't be happy with an RPG single player KOTOR.

do you see there is no evidence? so we shouldnt state certain ideas about not a kotor mmo or not a kotor 3 game, we should respect others' demand. you can say "we want kotor 3" but it is not nice to say "hey dont do it MMORPG we dont want it" because we want it.

Archived