Home

mmorpg.com BIOWARE MMO poll , take a look..

zaykodroid

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Listen, the majority are against KOTOR MMO. Look at the posts, look at the vents to see our anger and our hatred. We just don't bother with signing e-petitions because there is no point (and the polls on websites are VERY inaccurate). We don't decide, they decide. We only scream, vent, cry, and overall, won't spend our money. What's the point anyway? You don't control what the designers do either. It's LucasArts' IP.

And honestly? If KOTOR is going to come out with an MMO instead of #3, then there is no reason to play the KOTOR series anymore. After all, the storyline is likely going to be not that good (which is the only reason I play KOTOR). We'll see the True Sith get wiped off the face of the galaxy, that's certain, only it may take 3 years instead of 30 hours. Monthly fees are also a minus in my book. Maybe, just maybe, I might type up a "resigination" topic if Bioware does announce a KOTOR MMO, even though that's just a silly way to vent frustation at how they are "ruining the series".

QFT

If other people like MMOs, then fine, but I don't, and I don't want one for KotOR both because it seems to me to violate the plot that is being told in the games so far and because MMORPGs tend to focus on group cooperation and experience over plot, which is the major reason why I play GTA or KotOR games instead of WoW or Eve Online. It's quite simple really - in a MMO, the player MUST be the hero, no matter what character he or she is playing, and with that being true for every single character in the game, there is little room for a deep plot. Single player CRPGs can dictate certain things, however, and so do deeper plots. That's why I play them. And while I have no problem with other people preferring MMOs, there is no way I'm going to voice any sort of support for one just because they do.

Well, hate it all you want. It isn't going to stop the fact that some kind of MMO is being made by Bioware. Do we know it is KOTOR? No. And even if it is, what can any of us do to stop it?

Bite at eachother's opinions all you like, but so far the only solid fact that we know is that an MMO of some sort is being made. The overly paranoid and overly happy lot are blowing this up into what it is now: A cluster of rumors and theory.

I can understand why some would prefer an MMO and some would prefer a Single-Player... but passing on rumors and making facts up based on a bias isn't going to slow down or speed up Bioware in anyway.

do you see there is no evidence? so we shouldnt state certain ideas about not a kotor mmo or not a kotor 3 game, we should respect others' demand. you can say "we want kotor 3" but it is not nice to say "hey dont do it MMORPG we dont want it" because we want it.

I never said don't do an MMO. Read my posts *again*. If they're seperate products, one normal RPG and then one spin off MMO, I'm not complaining. I just want the series to be finished nicely, and that wouldn't happen with an MMO.

I've been over this subject many many times, but I'll say it again, I would want the series to end with an KotOR style RPG, but also think there should be an MMO as a separate game, I've also said this before but I'll say it again: The company that makes KotOR 3 would be stupid to make it an MMO, but a company that makes A KotOR MMO would be genius.

Basically what sums up my post: I want both!! lol

I never said don't do an MMO. Read my posts *again*. If they're seperate products, one normal RPG and then one spin off MMO, I'm not complaining. I just want the series to be finished nicely, and that wouldn't happen with an MMO.

man, the petition in your signature : " No KOTOR MMO "

man, the petition in your signature : " No KOTOR MMO "

Yes, no KOTOR MMO...... to finish the series.

Like MZ said, have both but don't let the series finish as an MMO. The single player RPG would be better suited to finishing the series, then you could have a spin off MMO to get more money or whatever.

• 1 month later...

I haven't ever been a fan of RPGs for the most part. Nor have I ever really been a fan of star wars. (For reasons which revolve solely around the new republic) However, a friend of mine asked me to play this game. A star wars RPG? Wasn't really digging it.

However, I can honestly say that I have played this game(s) more then any other games I own. I love them.

I played them (for the most part) exclusively on XBOX and could only really do a KoTOR (TSL) run once every so often because, even with as amazing a series as it is, I have a tendency to get bored.

Then I learned about Modding.

Anyways, my point is that, for the most part, KoTOR is a series that I enjoy more than any other series, and it will really depress me if it becomes an MMO.

The problem with that would be 2 fold

1) KoTOR is an immensely popular series revolving around 2 essential character (Revan and the Jedi Exile) so you figure that, unless KoTOR III was about either the Mandalorian Wars (Being able to be a Jedi that followed Revan and Malak) or the Jedi Civil War, what would they do, have a bunch of Jedi Exiles and Revans running around? Or would everyone just be a character to support them.

And, even given the off-chance that they leave the Revan-Exile storyline as it is and pick up a completely new time frame (Say 2230 BBY) they'd have to focus on an army rather than a single Jedi/Sith, and I personally don't think that would be as entertaining.

2) I don't like MMO's. And, I know I said I didn't (notice past tense) like star wars or RPG's, MMO's are something I doubt I'll ever come around on. I like to solo, that's my thing. Even in KoTOR I dont use my party unless I absolutely have to. Plus, there is way to much drama that goes on in MMO's. Guilds, dissention, prattling, whining, complaining. When I play the game I play to kill and make progress, not to mediate two 13 year old kids debate on which is better, Pokemon or Digimon.

Thanks to all who read this, any thoughts or suggestions concerning anything herein would be appreciated.

Archived