Home

EA to acquire BioWare

Pavlos

Don't do this to me BioWare... please :ball:

Your tears and suffering sustain Bioware...

EA and Bioware did merge. It isn't like EA just fired everybody and moved on... although I may be ignorant to certain facts. Much of the team may still be around, just under new management. It is up to time to decide if that is good, or if that is bad.

I dunno. LA may decide to take a chance with a publisher it knows can get them a fantastic game... or they'll be stupid and find a small fry. There are chances for both, but if anything I still somewhat doubt a KOTOR III would have been made even if Bioware wasn't bought out. The rumored MMO does not count.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Your tears and suffering sustain Bioware...

EA and Bioware did merge. It isn't like EA just fired everybody and moved on... although I may be ignorant to certain facts. Much of the team may still be around, just under new management. It is up to time to decide if that is good, or if that is bad.

I dunno. LA may decide to take a chance with a publisher it knows can get them a fantastic game... or they'll be stupid and find a small fry. There are chances for both, but if anything I still somewhat doubt a KOTOR III would have been made even if Bioware wasn't bought out. The rumored MMO does not count.

They can't fire everyone and move on. Or else, what's the point?

Someone pointed this out already, LucasArts owns the KotOR franchise, EA can't touch it.

Same about the rumored MMO, it's a bit stupid now since EA is the one that's supposed to publish everything Bioware makes (you know, because they own it). Bioware making a Star Wars game? I highly doubt it. Hey, why would LucasArts want to see money pour into a rival's pockets?

So does this mean we will get KotOR 2008, KotOR 2009, KotOR 2010? You know, minor to no gameplay changes, a slightly changed party roster and generic packaging? :rolleyes:

Let us not forget the highly enhanced, ultra-realistic graphics and cutting-edge gaming technology. Also, let us anticipate KotOR: Street and ports to every console imaginable, including handhelds and *gasp* mobiles.

Same about the rumored MMO, it's a bit stupid now since EA is the one that's supposed to publish everything Bioware makes (you know, because they own it). Bioware making a Star Wars game? I highly doubt it. Hey, why would LucasArts want to see money pour into a rival's pockets?

Unless they struck a deal with LA before the EA takeover, which is more than likely if it's at all true and which would leave EA out just like it leaves them out with Mass Effect just now as it's Microsoft's release just now, and not EA's :)

Anyway, I just prefer to live with the idea that a KOTOR MMO will not be made before K3.

Same here, like I said before, after the Galaxies fiasco I hope LA is smart enough to stay away from Star Wars MMOs for now, especially ones set in the KotOR era...But all of LucasFilm and LucasArts efforts seem to be in the upcoming "bridge the gap between EpIII and IV" media (Live Action series, FU, etc.), so I doubt they're gonna throw anything set in the Old Republic era in that, unfortunately :(

And now Bethesda's parent company is getting USD$300 million from a private equity firm in exchange for preferred stock. <link>

So it seems the gaming industry has more than just BioWare, Pandemic Studios, and EA shaking things up. ;) Question is whether or not this is becoming a trend.

• 1 month later...

Archived